Kiehl’s has recently launched these two new products to their Brightening line — Brightening Botanical Spot Treatment and Brightening Botanical Hydrating Mask.
Kiehl’s Brightening Botanical Hydrating Mask ($40.00)
- With Vitamin C, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, and White Flower Extracts
- Delivers optimal hydration and overall luminosity to skin
- Diminishes the appearance of skin discolorations by reducing the production and accumulation of melanin
- Alcohol-free formulation with the highest concentration of Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate
- Provides a calming sensorial experience
Kiehl’s Brightening Botanical Spot Treatment ($50.00)
- With Ellagic Acid, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, and White Flower Extracts
- Reduces the look of brown spots and freckles
- Visibly minimizes the appearance of discolorations
- May be used on targeted spots or all over the face
- Utilizes potent, natural ingredients
- Concentrated treatment with Ellagic Acid boosts the intensity of the Kiehl’s Bright™ regimen
What do you think? Have you tried any of Kiehl’s Brightening products?
In Bobbi Brown’s Fall Mauve palette, it contains three shadows, three lip colors, and one blush. I’m much more pleased with this palette than say Bobbi Brown’s Nude palette, because the colors show up on me a lot better. The eyeshadows include Navajo, which seems to make regular appearances in her palettes, and I find it can be a chalky color on my skintone if I don’t use it right (which generally means using it lightly and blending/fading it moreso than normal); Vintage, a gray with mauve undertones color; and Chocolate Mauve, which is like a subdued chocolate shade. The blush is simply called Mauve, and it is a pinky-mauve tone. I imagine this particular shade of pinky-mauve is fairly universal. As for the lip colors, Dusty Mauve is a creamy lip color that goes on incredibly sheer for me; Mauve lip sheer is a little more pigmented, but not too much; and Vintage Mauve is the most pigmented, though still quite creamy and sheer. If you go heavier with the shadows, these included lip colors will work out, since you can pair the heavy eyes with softer lips.
I much preferred the individual lip colors for this launch, though admittedly, I’ve only tried Heather Mauve (a truly pale, toned down mauve with gray-pink). I also tried Black Pearl Shimmer Lip Gloss, which is a deep purplish-brown with icy pearl. Mauve Lip Gloss is a pale, low-sheen purple-mauve. It’s very opaque, which I like for this particular color. But the most stunning item from the launch was Bobbi’s Black Mauve Shimmer Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner! It’s like a black-brown-purple. I suppose it reminds me of a deeper, darker MAC Nice Vice Paint Pot (which was LE, anyway), but this formula is great for when you need eyeliner that sticks around all day long!
Overall, in my limited experience with Bobbi Brown as a brand, I found this collection more impressive than some of the others (like the Nude Collection). I feel like these offer pops of color and fun, while still being subtle and appropriate. I hope that you, like me, will look at Bobbi Brown through a different lens than you would a MAC collection–because the brands are distinctly different and separate!
Anything from Bobbi’s Mauve Collection inspire you? Will you at least check it out or will you let it pass you by?
See product photos and swatches… Continue reading →
EstÄ“e Lauder | Chocolate Decadence
A Temptingly Delectable Color Collection for Fall
That palette does look tempting, doesn’t it? I love the swirled parts. Hmm… just may have to pick this up for fall!
This fall, Estee Lauder brings you an array of sugary-rich confections to tempt your color palette. From Berry Chocolate Truffles and Caramel Pralines to swirls of marbled fondant dusted with golden spun sugar, Estee Lauder has captured the essence of a luxurious chocolate boutique filled with rich chocolate works of art.
Introducing the new Estee Lauder Chocolate Decadence Collection — a delightful and truly delectable new color collection for fall, full of warm chocolate hues enhanced by luxurious caramel gold and sugared berry tones. The look features intensified lined eyes and softly glowing skin complemented by lightly sculpted lips and perfectly polished nails. To create a complete impression, pair the look with fall’s vintage-inspired suits in wools, jacquard and tweed and sensual satin blouses in warm golden tones and accessorize with sculpted boots and gloves in luxury leathers.
Base Look for Face
- New, Limited Edition Creme Caramel Shimmer Powder ($32.00)
- Projectionist Mascara in Black ($19.50)
For the Berry Chocolate Look
- New, Limited Edition Pure Color Lipstick in Berry Cordial & Berry Swirl ($22.00)
- New, Limited Edition Pure Color Swirl Gloss in Berry Swirl ($18.00)
- New, Limited Edition Signature Eyeshadow Quad in Berry Truffle ($35.00)
- Artist’s Eye Pencil in Plum Writer ($18.50)
- New, Limited Edition Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Berry Cordial ($18.00)
For the Caramel Chocolate Look
- New, Limited Edition Pure Color Lipstick in Creme Caramel & Caramel Chocolate Swirl ($22.00)
- New, Limited Edition Pure Color Swirl Gloss in Caramel Swirl ($18.00)
- New, Limited Edition Signature Eyeshadow Quad in Caramel Truffle ($35.00)
- Artist’s Eye Pencil in Brown Writer ($18.50)
- New, Limited Edition Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Creme Caramel ($18.00)
For more details… Continue reading →
Set for July 2008, Bobbi Brown will launch her Mauve Collection, which is for those who want “definition and polish without looking overdone.” Review is forthcoming!
Bobbi on her inspiration: “These shades were inspired by the covers of beautiful vintage books. Infused with hints of purple, grey and brown, mauve makeup is a cool neutral that’s very wearable.”
Mauve Face Palette ($55.00) | This season, diffused hues of mauve add definition and polish without looking overdone. Get the look with Bobbi’s new Mauve Face Palette, featuring cool neutral shades for cheeks, eyes and lips. Palette includes three Eye Shadows, one Blush, a Creamy Lip Color, a Lip Sheer and a Lip Color.
- Exclusive Navajo Eye Shadow
- New, Exclusive Vintage Eye Shadow
- New, Exclusive Chocolate Mauve Eye Shadow
- New, Exclusive Mauve Blush
- New, Exclusive Dusty Mauve Creamy Lip Color
- New, Exclusive Mauve Lip Sheer
- New, Exclusive Vintage Mauve Lip Color
Mini Brush Set ($55.00) | Designed with professional-quality brush heads and convenient mini handles, the Mini Brush Set is a must-have for the season. Soft black zip around case features the three brushes a woman needs to apply her Mauve Face Palette: Blush, Eye Shadow, and Eye Liner Brushes.
Lip Color in Pale Mauve and Heather Mauve ($22.00)
Lip Gloss & Shimmer Lip Gloss in Black Pearl Shimmer Lip Gloss (LE), Mauve Lip Gloss (LE), Iced Mauve Shimmer Lip Gloss ($19.00)
Black Mauve Shimmer Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner ($19.00)
See photos… Continue reading →
Thanks to Temptalia supporter, Anna, for providing these descriptions! These are translated from another language, so they may not be exactly the same as the English descriptions, but I think they’re close enough so we can all start planning our hauls! See the product photos from earlier here.
- Creme Cerise Muted yellow
- Lightly Ripe Medium pink
- Russian Red Intensive cold red
- ‘O’ Intensive purple red with gold metallic sheen
- So Scarlet Pure burgundy
- Cherry Blossom Pure light pink with pearl
- Rich & Ripe Medium pinkish red with pearl
- Cult of Cherry Pure red with red pearl
- Liqueur Neutral bronze violet pink with pearl
- Jampacked Pure grape color with pearl
- Rapturous Deep berry red (Matte)
- Kirsch Deep cranberry (Matte)
- Chock Dark brown (Matte)
- Bing Dark aubergine (Matte)
- Silverstruck Silvery grey with pearl (Frost)
- Illegal Purple Cream dark aubergine (Cream)
Eyeshadow x 4 Spiced Chocolate Quad
- Nanogold Pure yellow pink with pink pearl (Frost)
- Brash Frosty red copper (Veluxe Pearl)
- Spiced Chocolate Dirty, deep reddish brown (Matte)
- Sweet Chestnut Frosty cranberry (Frost)
Eyeshadow x 4 Tempting Quad
- Next to Nothing Cream white with pink pearl (Frost)
- Sharp Light yellow gold (Satin)
- Dark Edge Muted chocolate brown (Satin)
- Tempting Deep cocoa (Lustre)
Eyeshadow x4 Shadowy Lady Quad
- Light Fall Muted pink (Satin)
- Smudge Violet Frosty, dark lavender with pearls (Frost)
- Deep Truth Very dark blue (Frost)
- Shadowy Dark plum (Matte)
You may have seen swatches, and you know what the color story is, but here are promotional images and product photos!
Thanks to reader Anna for the images!
Check them out Continue reading →