Spring 2008 nail trends are obviously going sheer rather than bright pops of color (though not all brands are following this trend–China Glaze is most definitely not!). Essie gives nail polish fans six lovely sheers to choose from as spring arrives in beautiful hues of soft pastels. These polishes apply easily, smoothly, and just to show what kind of color you can build, each color was applied with three coats (keep in mind that these were done strictly as swatches, so the aren’t perfectly polished!).
Pictured above, Hi Maintenance, was my favorite of the six, because it was such a flattering pink. It wasn’t so cool that it looked awkward on my warmer skin, but it also wasn’t a warm pink that looked a bit too peppy for my tastes. Hard To Getis a brighter pink that’s fairly opaque–it kind of reminds me of Don’t Be Shy blush from MAC’s Barbie launch–it was really close to being my perfect pink, but it was just a few shades too bright to be that absolute perfect pink. Secret Affairis a fun, shimmery pinky-white shade that looked surprisingly nice with my skin; I thought something with that much white in it could never look right all over nails. Looking For Loveis a lovely lavender color that was just gorgeous, but I found that it did apply a bit streaky in terms of depositing the color – I think you may have to be a bit more meticulous when applying this particular shade, but it’s too beautiful to dismiss. Body Language was a flatter white with gray-purple undertones; kind of an odd color for my nails personally, but I see it working better on lighter skinned hands. Great Expectations has a silvery-purple cast to it, and like Looking For Love, it didn’t apply as evenly as the others did. I found this shade to be too cool for my taste, making it my least favorite. Overall, I liked that I could build up these sheers with three coats to get decent color, since I don’t usually wear sheers. On the same note, for more professional or subdued affairs, sheers are fabulous choices, and this gives you a polish that can multitask! Also, sheers are amazing on top of a more opaque polish to give it a different sheen or color.
Check out swatches of the five other polishes… Continue reading →
This is supposedly the color story for Fafi For MAC, and since I know many of you are eagerly anticipating this release (February 13th!), I thought I should share!
- Fun ‘n’ Sexy Blue pink with blue pearl (G)
- Not so Innocent Sheer tan with pink and peach pearl (G)
- Utterly Frivolous Rosy coral with pink pearl (L)
- High Top Grey purple with blue pearl (G)
- Flash-n-Dash Intense tangerine red with pink pearl (G)
- Strawbaby Coral rose with rainbow pearl (L)
- Cult Face Blue mid-tone pink with white pearl (F)
- Sugar Trance Creamy soft pink with white and rainbow pearl (F)
- Squeeze It Brassy plum (F)
- Totally It Sheer bright pink with intense pink pearl (F)
- Howzat Deep grey with silver sparkle (S)
- Hey Neutral tan with pearl (VP)
- Pink Venus Washed pink (L)
- Vanilla Soft pale-peachy-ivory flecked with shimmer (V)
- Bold as Gold Yellow gold with gold pearl (L)
- You’re Fresh Pale green with silver sparkle (L)
- Shockwave Intense orange with silver sparkle (V)
- Prankster Muted dark blue (S)
- Nice Vice Dirty purple with purple pearl (F)
- Girl Friendly Creamy grey pink (C)
- Layin’ Low Creamy beige (C)
- Cash Flow Green gold with gold pearl (F)
- Perky Cream coral with white pearl (S)
- Rollickin’ Aqua blue green with white pearl (F)
- Blacktrack Solid flat black
- Smolder Intense black (Eye Kohl)
- Fascinating Snake-eyes matte white (Eye Kohl)
- Zoomblack Rich black (Zoomlash)
Hipness Intense coral with soft white pearl
Fashion Frenzy Mid-tone blue pink
Iridescent Pressed Powder
- Sassed-up Soft coral pink with gold sparkle
- Verve-acaious Intense yellow gold with gold pearl
- Belightful Gilded peach bronze
- Girls Will Be Girls Pink with coral pearl
- Boom! Rich eggplant with purple pearl
- 129SH Powder/Blush
- Rectangle M.A.C/Small/Clear with Fafi detailing
- Rectangle M.A.C/Mini/Clear with Fafi detailing
Long Lost Love Box
When you’re overcome with feelings of nostalgia for loves long past, console yourself with this collection of LUSH bath and body treats from days gone by. Our very elegant, beautifully presented hat box features: Kiss me Klimt Bath Bomb, It’s a Date Bubble Bar, Queen of Hearts Soap, Potion Body Lotion, Black Magic Massage Bar
Play Your Cards Right Massage bar
If ever there was a sure fire way to win your sweetheart’s favor, this is it! Rich, sensual, and scented with our ever popular Sex Bomb fragrance, this playing card of a massage bar is just the ticket for perfect night in (and TV or sleep won’t be on the agenda). You’ll want a few of these!
Perfect Match (Honey or Silky)
Elusive and always just on the edge of attainability, the perfect match is something to be held closely and treasured dearly once you find it. We have two fragrantly perfect matches that include our best-selling soaps and the most popular of our new solid perfumes. Making these perfect matches even more precious, the packaging is 100% biodegradable. In fact, if you plant the box with someone special, you can watch your love grow – literally. The entire box contains real seeds and when you plant it you will grow beautiful wild flowers to enjoy together. How special is that? Honey: Scent: Honey & Toffee; Contents: Honey I Washed the Kids Handmade Soap & Solid Perfume. Silky: Scent: Jasmine & Vetivert; Contents: Alkmaar Handmade Soap & Silky Underwear Solid Perfume
Message a Trois
A romantic, candlelit massage is the perfect way to share your affection for someone special, any time of year and especially on Valentine’s Day. To make your Valentine’s celebration extra romantic, we’ve created a trio of very special, superbly fragrant heart-shaped massage bars for you both to mix and match to your hearts’ (and bodies’) content.
Let me just say I will for sure be picking up the massage bars! I adore these, and they last quite awhile. They’re really great even for just moisturizing to the nth degree, because they are SO luxurious. Everything is available at www.lush.com!
Check out more photos… Continue reading →
Envision graceful, lapping waves of sea green waters touching a white sand beach strewn with pebbles and sea shells. In the distance, hints of citrus and freesia pique the senses. Laughter and music can be heard coming from the harbor dotted with multi-color wooden boats. You take it all in realizing this is a day you’ll want to relive forever. This is the inspiration for Pure White Linen Light Breeze.
“White Linen has always epitomized casual elegance and the relaxation and happiness we feel in the spring and summer,” says Karyn Khoury, senior vice president of Fragrance Development World Wide, Estée Lauder Companies. “Pure White Linen Light Breeze takes this mood one step further by having even more of a focus on the environment — of the calming Mediterranean seascape. It is a sunnier, more transparent and even more tranquil scent.”
While Pure White Linen Light Breeze incorporates core elements such as rich rose enhanced by white florals and smooth woods from classic White Linen and Pure White Linen, it was also created with dazzling citrus notes, airier florals, and a sheerer more subtly sexy finish for a scent that is as warm, mesmerizing and sensual as those treasured summer afternoons. An effervescent Darjeeling Tea Note is bathed with the refreshing iridescence of citrus including luscious Italian Bergamot, sparkling White Grapefruit and energetic freshly grated Orange Zest. Watery Kumquat conveys a contemporary carefree playfulness. A gentle unfolding of colorful Osthmanthus, vivacious Yellow Freesia and sensuous Neroli Petals intertwine with graceful Linden Flowers and rich Centifolia Rose to create a fresh intensely feminine allure. Precious Cedar Wood, rich Teak Wood, and a Soft Skin Accord embellished with a drop of ambrosial Acacia Honey impart a lasting subtle sensuality and that is effortlessly elegant.
EstÄ“e Lauder Pure White Linen Light Breeze will be available at Estée Lauder counters and on www.esteelauder.com beginning January 2008.
- 1 oz./30ml Eau de Parfum Spray $35.00
- 1.7 oz/50 ml Eau de Parfum Spray $45.00
- 3.4 oz/100 ml Eau de Parfum Spray $65.00
- 6.7oz/200ml Body Lotion $36.00
Also, Estée Lauder will be launching a special edition version of their noted Pleasures fragrance. Kazumi Yoshida partnered with Estée Lauder to create a unique, limited-edition tribute to pleasures, one of the company’s best-selling prestige fragrances. After experiencing the pleasures fragrance, Yoshida began to repaint his spring designs with pleasures in mind. The result is an inspired work of art for the bottle that invokes a blooming garden and truly captures the simple pleasures in life that are the essence of the fragrance.
View photos of Pure White Linen, as well as Pleasures… Continue reading →
PURE WHITE LINEN COLOR COLLECTION
This spring escape to a charming seaside retreat where sandy beaches and warm sea breezes await, offering a perfect remedy of soothing comfort after a crisp, cold winter. Relax on a sun-drenched porch in lightweight, finely spun fabrics in sand-washed textures and nautically infused shades with soft lines and easy cuts that say classic, comfortable style. Pair your relaxed style with luminous skin, serene eyes and sheer, subtly defined lips – all part of Estée Lauder’s Pure White Linen Color Collection for spring. Inspired by the simplicity of the 1950′s with a fresh, modern feel, the collection features two complementary looks of classic beauty that are perfect for enjoying the warm, sunny days of spring. Nantucket Sun captures the warmth of white sand beaches and grassy dunes with earthy shades of green and coral, while Newport Rose reflects the soft, cool shades of the sea and a dusk sky in airy shades of blue and pink.
- Shimmering Shell Powder $32.00
- Golden Shell Compact $75.00
- Pure White Linen Light Breeze (50ml) $45.00
For the Nantucket Sun Look
- Pure Color UltraLight Gloss in Sparkling Shell $18.00
- Lip Shaping Gloss Pencil in Sheer Tawny $18.50
- Pure Color Lipstick in Nantucket Sun $22.00
- Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Coral Reef $22.00
- Pure Color EyeShadow in Tea Biscuit and Sea Grass $17.50
- Artist’s Eye Pencil in SoftSmudge Brown $18.50
- Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Rose Apricot $18.00
For the Newport Rose Look
- Pure Color UltraLight Gloss in Freshwater Pearl $18.00
- Lip Shaping Gloss Pencil in Sheer Fuchsia $18.50
- Pure Color Lipstick in Newport Rose $22.00
- Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Crystal Pink $22.00
- Pure Color EyeShadow in Ivory Box and Sea Breeze $17.50
- Artist’s Eye Pencil in new, limited edition Newport Blue $18.50
- Pure Color Nail Lacquer in new, limited edition Antique Rose $18.00
View more photos of products from this collection… Continue reading →
We have a really special treat for you! Several face charts from the Spring/Summer Fashion Week from MAC artists featuring N products! Click on the face chart for the larger version.
Check out seven more… Continue reading →