OVERALL, as a blush lover, this collection agrees with me! I think the colors are all vibrant and wearable, though some moreso than others. I really loved Joyous and True Romantic the most, and I will definitely be grabbing these. The texture for all of these is satiny, silky, and just smooth, while the intensity and color pay off is amazing–consistently good across all eight blushes. I’m so happy to be able to have colors that are true-to-pot, because there’s nothing worse than being impressed by the color you see, but disappointed when it goes on! These will not leave you disappointed in the least–and a plus for addicts? These look exactly like blushes in terms of size, shape, and packaging, which means you can depot if you wish! In my opinion, the name “beauty powder blushes” attempts to convey that the texture is like beauty powders (silky, soft, velvety) with the characteristics of a blush (more intense color, size, shape).
Feel free to share or submit your swatches and product photos for the beauty powder blushes! Link them in the comments or send them to [email protected]. Thanks!
- Eversun is a subdued shade of peachy-brown with low level shimmer (more like just a touch of sheen). It reminds me of a warmer, peachier bronzing kind of color, and I think it’d be fab during summer as a great part of a minimal look.
- Feeling is a dirty plum-pink with some raspberry in it. It reminds me of a warmer, more wearable Ablaze blush. No real visible shimmer, very much like Eversun in texture.
- Joyous is a fun shade of bright pink with peach undertones and gold sheen. I think this is one of my favorites, because the color is so warm and perfect for spring.
- Secret Blush is a dirty mauve with brown undertones that would make a nice choice for night time looks. I did find this was a little chalkier than the rest (but I wouldn’t classify it as chalky, just in comparison to the other seven blushes).
- Serenely is a dark brick red kind of color with gold sheen. It is pretty intense, so it is important to use a light hand with this color in particular. I don’t know if I would personally purchase this one, just because I would so rarely use it, but it looks divine in the pot and as a swatch!
- Shy Beauty is a light pale pink with peachy undertones and light sheen/shimmer. I think this is going to be the most wearable shade, because I think it will work well on a variety of skin tones.
- Sweetness is an incredibly bright pink with blue undertones, making it quite cool overall. It is unlike past cool blushes (e.g. Don’t Be Shy), but it does remind me of a more intense Pink Swoon blush. It’s pretty, but it’s so cool that I don’t know how wearable it would be on myself and others. Light handedness is a must for this!
- True Romantic is a warm pink with mauvey-rose undertones with subtle sheen. This is my other favorite from the launch, because it is just a gorgeous shade. It will be pleasant used lightly to add color to cheeks, but it can be used more generously for an absolutely divine night time flush. It reminds me of Afterdusk blush, but with a way better texture and more pink than mauve.
Do NOT republish content, images, pictures, or swatches without permission. Please link to the post if you wish to share. Thank you for understanding!
To celebrate Christopher’s sexy designs, flair with color and international mindset, Lancôme asked him to collaborate on a project for the iconic, oft-imitated Juicy Tubes franchise. The result: The Juicy Tubes World Tour, nine new lip glosses, each decorated with an illustration by Christopher. The shades, names and flavors were born from his fashion travels: from Rio, where, “the girls have an incredible kind of beauty,” to Paris, “the fashion capital of the world,” to New York, where”girls are groomed, sophisticated and so well dressed,” each captures the excitement of the hottest cities around.
Christopher is thrilled to be part of the Lancôme family and equally excited to be part of what he deems the “Juicy Tube phenomena.” “I have always loved the way a Juicy Tube can transform a lip with its patent texture and appearance,” he says. “It plumps the lip to perfection.”
- Red Hot New York
- Fifth Avenue Frosting
- Copacabana Coffee
- Rio Mango
- Grand Café Crème Brûlée
- Moulin Rose
- Paris Bubbly
- Tokyo Plum Blossom
- Peach Mochi
Available March 2008 at www.lancome-usa.com, Lancome Boutiques, and counters nationwide. Each retails for $18.00.
It will be interesting to see how Allure Magazine does a spa!
Allure magazine plans to launch this fall a spa-oriented offshoot publication called Allure Spa. Billed as a guide to the luxury spa experience, Allure Spa will cover skin care, fitness, fashion, nutrition and lifestyle trends at destination and day spas. The magazine also will explore hotel and resort spas, as well as medi-spas, and aims to tap industry experts to present consumers with an insider point of view. Allure editor in chief Linda Wells also will be in charge of Allure Spa. Allure is owned by Condé Nast Publications, parent of WWD.
Catherine Zeta-Jones isn’t just the face of Arden, but she is a stockholder as well–but you won’t see a signature fragrance from her by Arden any time soon.
What the deal is not likely to yield, despite Arden’s prowess in the celebrity fragrance market, is a Catherine Zeta-Jones fragrance. “We’ve made a conscious decision about that, because I am the face and spokesperson for Arden,” she said. “I think we’re all in unison that if it’s not broke, why fix it.” Also, she noted about endorsements, “Things have completely changed. It used to be, if you’re an actor, why are you selling stuff? People only used to do it in Japan. But beauty is an industry that makes complete sense for an actress.”
Haven’t heard of this brand, but maybe it’s time I did!
The Thymes is leaping into the prestige beauty market this spring with the launch of Beauty of Bathing, a new brand inspired by fragrance traditions and bathing rituals from around the world. “We wanted to reinvent and modernize ancient bathing rituals for today’s women and create something that’s more high-end and luxurious,” said Amy Backman, The Thymes marketing manager. “By creating a more exclusive line, we’re raising the bar by creating a high-end bathing line.”
Looks like the trend of mineral makeup is definitely on the upswing…
Armed with its new owner’s resources, Colorescience is aiming to solidify its position as doctors’ top choice for mineral makeup.
I’m sure we have some Carmindy fans in these parts, so get ready for a partnership between Sally Hansen and Carmindy for a Natural Beauty line of makeup.
Sally Hansen is going the natural route and bringing a friend. Rather than just introduce a natural collection of cosmetics, Del Cosmetics partnered with Carmindy, the resident makeup artist on TLC’s “What Not to Wear.” Carmindy is known for her knack for highlighting women’s natural assets. Natural Beauty marks Sally Hansen’s second stab at color cosmetics â€” the brand launched the now defunct Healing Beauty line in 2003.
Strobe launched today (United States, Canada), and I believe it is already available internationally (as is next week’s Beauty Powder Blush launch, lucky ducks!).
OVERALL, Strobe offers a new line of Tinted Lip Conditioners with both UVA/UVB SPF-15 protection ($14.50) that come in sheer, shimmery shades. They’re soft, moisturizing, and give just a hint (or tint, HA!) of color. I found Strobe Liquid to be exactly that–liquid–compared to the original cream version. If you have oily skin, the liquid version may give you reason to check it out, whereas the cream is thicker (but I prefer it, still).
Read a detailed review of each item… Continue reading →
“The play of pearlescent light, the feeling of euphoria, the instant illumination that brightens and enlightens three ways: strobe cream, the richest, sheerest blend of soft-focus diffusers for the face and neck; strobe liquid, instant radiance in fluid, light-diffusion form with iridescent pigment; and tinted lip conditioner stick SPF15 with strobe pearl, broad spectrum protection, colour and moisture-soft allure. Use under or over colours and textures to glow on and on and on”
STROBE LIQUID | Blending soft focus diffusers with iridescent pigments, this ultra-fluid strobe formula produces a soft, radiant light on the skin, reducing the appearance of skin imperfections by providing a natural-looking glow. Refreshing. Spreads on smoothly and absorbs quickly. Leaves the skin looking healthier and more radiant. A lighter weight addition to the popular strobe cream. Suggested Retail Price $29.50 U.S./$38.00 CDN
STROBE CREAM | Suggested Retail Price $29.50 U.S./$38.00 CDN
TINT LIP CONDITIONER STICK SPF15 | Formulated with Strobe Pearl, this luxurious lip conditioner combines sheer soft light-quenched colour with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF15 protection and moisture.
- Strobe Kiss Sheer coral with a golden strobe pearl
- Strobe Rays Light caramel with golden red strobe pearl
- Strobe Blossom Light blue/pink with red strobe pearl
- Strobe Current Sheer plum with golden red strobe pearl
- Strobe Beam Clear with strobe pearl
Suggested Retail Price $14.50 U.S./$17.50 CDN
March 6th, 2008 at all MAC locations, 1.800.387.6707 and www.maccosmetics.com.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Shimmering fine particles impart soft colour in hard candy palette, to sweet and subtle effect. Eight shades of giddy deliciousness with pearl sheen and jet-milled perfection, to keep the glow going. New MAC innovation for limited time only! Silky-fine, shot with pearl, this blush inspires a subtle glow in tandem with pure, bright, colour vibe. Ultra-smooth, delivers a light and alluring shimmer together with a high-colour payoff. In every way luxurious. Limited Edition.
BEAUTY POWDER BLUSH
- Shy Beauty Pastel apricot with gold pearl (satin)
- Feeling Dirty plum with silver pearl (satin)
- Sweetness Intense blue pink (satin)
- Joyous Peach with gold pearl (satin)
- True Romantic Mid-tone pink with silver pearl (satin)
- Serenely Deep brownish red with gold pearl (satin)
- Eversun Neutral peach bronze with gold pearl (satin)
- Secret Blush Dirty neutral plum with gold pearl (satin)
Suggested Retail Price $17.50 U.S./$22.00 CDN
- 169 Angled Blush
- 116 Blush
March 13th, 2008 at all MAC locations, 1.800.387.6707 and www.maccosmetics.com.
See more photos … Continue reading →