“The play of pearlescent light, the feeling of euphoria, the instant illumination that brightens and enlightens three ways: strobe cream, the richest, sheerest blend of soft-focus diffusers for the face and neck; strobe liquid, instant radiance in fluid, light-diffusion form with iridescent pigment; and tinted lip conditioner stick SPF15 with strobe pearl, broad spectrum protection, colour and moisture-soft allure. Use under or over colours and textures to glow on and on and on”
STROBE LIQUID | Blending soft focus diffusers with iridescent pigments, this ultra-fluid strobe formula produces a soft, radiant light on the skin, reducing the appearance of skin imperfections by providing a natural-looking glow. Refreshing. Spreads on smoothly and absorbs quickly. Leaves the skin looking healthier and more radiant. A lighter weight addition to the popular strobe cream. Suggested Retail Price $29.50 U.S./$38.00 CDN
STROBE CREAM | Suggested Retail Price $29.50 U.S./$38.00 CDN
TINT LIP CONDITIONER STICK SPF15 | Formulated with Strobe Pearl, this luxurious lip conditioner combines sheer soft light-quenched colour with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF15 protection and moisture.
- Strobe Kiss Sheer coral with a golden strobe pearl
- Strobe Rays Light caramel with golden red strobe pearl
- Strobe Blossom Light blue/pink with red strobe pearl
- Strobe Current Sheer plum with golden red strobe pearl
- Strobe Beam Clear with strobe pearl
Suggested Retail Price $14.50 U.S./$17.50 CDN
March 6th, 2008 at all MAC locations, 1.800.387.6707 and www.maccosmetics.com.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Shimmering fine particles impart soft colour in hard candy palette, to sweet and subtle effect. Eight shades of giddy deliciousness with pearl sheen and jet-milled perfection, to keep the glow going. New MAC innovation for limited time only! Silky-fine, shot with pearl, this blush inspires a subtle glow in tandem with pure, bright, colour vibe. Ultra-smooth, delivers a light and alluring shimmer together with a high-colour payoff. In every way luxurious. Limited Edition.
BEAUTY POWDER BLUSH
- Shy Beauty Pastel apricot with gold pearl (satin)
- Feeling Dirty plum with silver pearl (satin)
- Sweetness Intense blue pink (satin)
- Joyous Peach with gold pearl (satin)
- True Romantic Mid-tone pink with silver pearl (satin)
- Serenely Deep brownish red with gold pearl (satin)
- Eversun Neutral peach bronze with gold pearl (satin)
- Secret Blush Dirty neutral plum with gold pearl (satin)
Suggested Retail Price $17.50 U.S./$22.00 CDN
- 169 Angled Blush
- 116 Blush
March 13th, 2008 at all MAC locations, 1.800.387.6707 and www.maccosmetics.com.
See more photos … Continue reading →
Personally, I have never celebrated Easter as a religious holiday; it has always meant bunnies, lots of chocolate and candy, and a hearty holiday meal. These little Happy Easter gifts by LUSH are just adorable–don’t you think? I love the idea that they’re taking a stance of ‘egg-cess’ packaging, but I just think it’s utterly cute with the way the egg is hollowed out and can later act as a bath bomb.
This Easter, you’re in for a real treat as LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics crack open three new delicious Easter egg gifts that look so good, you’ll want to eat them! The HAPPY EASTER 500g hollow egg is made from bath bomb mix and contains two products inside, for an egg-shell-ent bath time experience. Once you’ve finished with the inner products, simply break off bits of the shell and throw into the tub for a really great soak. This is yet another novel idea from LUSH on how to cut down on egg-cess packaging, while still offering sumptuous gift ideas. And where there is packaging, it is bio-degradable. So get your hands on these indulgent, guilt-free and limited edition LUSH treats for $29.95 at www.lush.com.
At Temptalia, we are all about buying beauty and supporting a good cause at the same time. theBalm is supporting Multiple Sclerosis by offering a limited edition BalmShelter Gloss called “Kiss MS Goodbye.” It will retail for $18 at www.thebalm.com.
In honor of March being National Multiple Sclerosis Education and Awareness Week (March 10th-17th) – and to support the efforts of the NYC Chapter of the National MS society, theBalm has created a limited edition KISS MS GOODBYE version of their best-selling “Girly Girl” BalmShelter Gloss. I’d love for you to do a posting come March on this philanthropic partnership, the more sales, the more money gets donated to the MS Society.
During the month of March, theBalm will donate 25% of proceeds from the sale of this shade- a wearable coral hue infused with SPF 17 and a delicious strawberry banana scent- to the cause.
The New York City Chapter of the National MS Society helps the thousands of New Yorkers impacted by MS to move their lives forward. They provide comprehensive support services and educational programs to people with MS, their family and friends, and raise funds locally to support the National MS Society’s research initiatives
Help KISS MS GOODBYE in the most glamorous way possible- after all, looking good is one thing, but doing good in the process just makes everyone that much prettier.
Bobbi continues to be the “bridal authority” with this kit, designed exclusively for brides and her bridal party. Bridal set features the makeup basics for the bride, bridesmaid or mother of the bride to customize their look.
Bridal Kit Contains:
- Exclusive Ivory Eye Shadow
- Black Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
- Black No Smudge Mascara
- Pink Sugar Shimmer Lip Gloss
- Short Handle Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush
- White Cosmetic Case
On Counter: April 2008
Suggested Retail Price: $75.00
Bobbi Brown’s Top 10 Weddding Day Tips
- Flash photography emphasizes pink tones, so be sure to even out skin with a yellow-toned foundation. Start
around the nose and mouth where there’s redness, then blend out to the
rest of the face.
- Set concealer and foundation with Sheer Finish Loose Powder to make them longer-lasting and to ensure that
skin looks matte in pictures.
- If your dress has an open neckline, be sure to warm up your neck and chest with a dusting of Bronzing Powder.
- Use a water-resistant liner that can withstand tears; try Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner applied with the Ultra Fine
Eye Liner Brush. If you prefer to line with shadow, make it longer-lasting by applying it with a slightly damp
Eye Liner Brush. Finish with a waterresistant mascara like Lash Glamour.
- After applying all your eye makeup, finish with a highlighter shade on the browbone to make eyes pop. Rub your finger in a light matte shade and pat lightly on the outer corner of the browbone.
- For a pretty flush that lasts, use two shades of Blush. First, apply a neutral shade on the apples of cheeks, blending up into the hairline, then downwards to soften. Then apply a brighter shade just on the apples of cheeks.
- Neutral and pale lip colors look washed out in photographs, so choose a lipstick that’s one to two shades brighter than what you normally wear. Pinks, roses and plums are great choices for brides.
- To make Lip Color last longer, line and fill in lips with Lip Pencil before applying your lipstick.
- Carry a touch-up kit with concealer, pressed powder, lipstick or gloss, lip liner, tissues, mints, and a mini sewing kit (for emergency clothing fixes like a dropped hem or popped button).
- Have Fun!
Pre-Wedding Wellness Tips
- Eat smart. Choose whole grains, fresh greens and fruits, and clean proteins like chicken, fish, and beans.
- Hydrate. Drink lots of water daily to hydrate skin and flush out toxins.
- Move Your Body. Exercise at least three times a week to strengthen your body and calm your mind.
- Take Relaxing Baths. Add soothing Epsom salts or skin-softening powdered milk to your bathwater.
- Be Present. Slow down and appreciate what’s around you rather than rushing to get from start to finish.
Wedding Day Touch-Up Tips
- Pack your purse with concealer, pressed powder, lipstick or gloss, lip liner, tissues, and mints.
- Sewing kit with prethreaded needles and a pair of tiny fold-up scissors to fix a hem or popped button.
- Static spray and lint remover to get rid of static cling and lint on clothing.
- Prewrapped wipes to remove makeup and food stains.
Thanks to Kiss and Makeup for this story update and photos:
You can choose to use the mousse or the leg oil, and there’s even a buffng brush to create a golden glow. You can choose from Medium Sheer which is a soft golden caramel with soft gold nuances or Medium Dark Sheer which is soft bronze with golden tan pearl.