MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna
Available December 26th, 2008
“Hello possums!” Dame Edna Everage is in the house! With her zesty zingers, over-the-top appearance – lilac hair (which she claims is natural), bedazzled specs, fanciful frocks – there’s nothing like a Dame! The alter ego of brilliantly wicked Aussie comedian, Barrie Humphries, and the resident muse for our post-holiday make up collection, Dame Edna thinks of herself as “probably the most popular and gifted woman in the world today: housewife, investigative journalist, social anthropologist, talk-show host, swami, children’s book illustrator, spin doctor, megastar and icon.” With packaging as mirthful and minx-like as the Legend herself, the Dame Collection of heavy-on-the-lilac Lipstick/Lipglass, Eye Shadow, Highlight Powder and Nail Lacquers is in a class by itself!
Get details… Continue reading →
Ice the competition. The temperature drops, predictability plummets, but a new beauty barometer sets the tone with light snowflake lips, twinkle shimmer shades with opalescent pearl. Cool neutral eyes suddenly combust, then go up in smoke, with new Penultimate Eye Liner for the deepest velvet black. New 41 Lash with criss-cross design for a luxe, longer look. Two Reflects Glitter for a limited time, a hot new cool. Just chill.
- Icescape Sheer pale pink with pink pearlized pigments
- Naked Frost Sheer taupe with silver pearlized pigments
- Frozen Dream Sheer cool mid-tone pink with pearlized pigments
- Snowscene Sheer white with multi colored pearlized pigments
- Arctic Grey Frost mid-tone gray (Satin)
- Wintersky Frosted neutral mid-tone pink (Veluxe Pearl)
- Apres-Ski Matte dark brownish gray (Matte)
- Mont Black Sparkly black with pearlized pigments (Velvet)
- Vellum Pale white duochrome with violet shimmer (Frost)
Penultimate Liner (Permanent)
- Rapidblack Rich, intense black
- Reflects Transparent Teal Shimmering white with turquoise (Currently being DCd)
- Reflects Antique Gold Shimmering antique flecked gold
When Bath & Body Works starts stocking their holiday gift sets, I know it’s time to work on my Christmas wish list, and start prodding others to give me some ideas of what they’d like to receive this season. I’m one of those early bird shoppers–I do not do December at the mall. The only reason you will see my butt at the mall after Thanksgiving (Black Friday is my official stop-going-to-the-mall-marker) is to swatch and review a MAC launch. But I go first thing in the AM, so I miss the crowds (especially since it’s usually a weekday!). SO, I can appreciate knowing and/or being able to purchase products available mid-October. Let me catch you up on all that is holiday in the beauty realm!
- Benefit Sets and trios
- Bobbi Brown Sets, palettes, minis
- Chanel Collection
- Dior Eye palettes
- Dior Black Diamond Collection
- Givenchy Collection
- Guerlain Midnight Butterfly Collection
- Lancome Palettes and sets
- Laura Mercier Palettes and sets
- MAC Little Darlings Sets of mini glosses, pigments, glitters, etc.
- MAC Passions of Red Eyeshadow and lip balettes, brush sets
- MAC Red She Said Holiday collection of mineralize shadows, blushes, etc.
- NARS Cosmetics Collection
- Smashbox Gifts and sets
- Too Faced Sets and palettes
- Urban Decay Sets, palettes, kits
- YSL/Yves Saint Laurent The Bow Collection
What collections caught your eye? Which have you bought from? Which are you saving up for?
I love Chanel, Dior, Givenchy, and Urban Decay’s so far–those are really theo nly ones I’ve played with. I might venture into Guerlain and NARS’ launches later on.
See more product photos! Continue reading →
When bigger isn’t better! An assortment of promotional-sized glamour goodies for experimenting anew with eyes, cheeks, lips…small never looked so sexy! A gifted collection of MAC bestsellers all gathered together for you and your favourite people. Wrapped in glossy patent paper, Little Darlings delivers 5 Coral, Pink and Neutral Lipglass/Lustreglass, 5 Warm Pigments, 5 Cool Pigments and 5 Softsparkle Eye Pencils. They look sweet as sugar, but Little Darlings know what they’re doing.
Get collection details & see product photos! Continue reading →
See more photos… Continue reading →