MAC & Wonder Woman
MAC Wonder Woman: Behind the Scenes
This spring, Wonder Woman – DC Comics’ most iconic heroine of all time – teams up with M·A·C with superpowered zing and the strength of the Amazons to create a larger-than-life colour collection.
The M·A·C Wonder Woman collection has the power to transform Plain Janes across the land into gorgeous glamazons.
Criminally outdated colour and un-dimensional skin finishes are no match for M·A·C Wonder Woman’s daredevil feats. Featuring super-sized packaging like you’ve never seen before; bigger and better-than-ever Mineralize Skinfinish banishes chalky powders to a land far away, creating an other-worldly, multi-dimensional glow for all. Create powerful day-to-night looks with ultra-versatile Eye Shadow Quads and Pigments, plus Lipsticks and oversized Lipglasses that always speak the truth. Jumbo Powder Blush packs a punch to perk up dull complexions, and our intense, colour-saturated Opulash lends comic book-worthy colored pop to attention-starved peepers. Add Penultimate Eye Liner and Nail Lacquer to the mix to take women everywhere from mild-mannered undercover operators to goddesses with supernatural abilities to charm, seduce and kick major sass. Great Hera! Looks like M·A·C and Wonder Woman have saved the day again.
Check out the comic strip and Q&A with Gordon Espinet, Jennifer Balbier, and James Gager! Continue reading →
MAC & Wonder Woman
MAC Wonder Woman Collection for Spring 2011
U.S./Canada Launch Date: February 10th, 2011
International Launch Date: March 2011
If you read the copy below, you’ll notice that MAC has super-sized the following products, which has resulted in the higher prices: Mineralize Skinfinish, Eyeshadow Quads, Pigment, Opulash, Lipsticks, and Lipglass.
Banish any thought of being a Plain Jane: M∙A∙C and Wonder Woman have joined forces! For Spring 2011, take a trip to Paradise Island with a legendary line up of super-sized Mineralize Skinfinish, bold Eye Shadow quads, Pigment, Opulash, Lipsticks and oversized Lipglass, jumbo-big Powder Blush and Penultimate Eye Liner, Nail Lacquer and Lash inspired by the larger-than-life Bold Babe. Dashing and dazzling, the iconic super heroine reminds us that inside every woman is a Mighty Aphrodite full of courage, confidence and charisma. Kaboom! Mission Accomplished!
Wonder Woman has always known the importance of astounding accessories. For her collaboration with M∙A∙C, we’ve infused her sense and fantasy and wonder into a vivid collection of awe-inspiring accessories as fierce and feminine as the heroine herself. Bright, bold, superhuman designs in Makeup Bags – from radiant Red to Bulletproof Blue, Utility Belt Brush Sets, and exclusively online, the WW T-Shirt and Invincible Mirror. Shazam!
Lipstick ($15.50 U.S. / $18.50 CDN)
- Marquise d’ Sandy cream peach (Lustre) (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Brunette, Blonde, Redhead ’09)
- Russian Red Intense bluish-red (Matte) (Permanent)
- Spitfire Bright creamy magenta (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Heroine Brown bronze (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Lipglass ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Emancipation Pale neutral pink (Limited Edition)
- Wonder Woman Bright red with soft pearl (Limited Edition)
- Athena’s Kiss Bright blue fuchsia (Limited Edition)
- Secret Identity Mid-tone copper with soft pearl (Limited Edition)
Opulash Mascara ($15.00 U.S. / $18.00 CDN)
- Victorious Purple (Limited Edition)
- Army of Amazons Green (Limited Edition)
- Themyscira Blue (Limited Edition)
- Black Black (Permanent)
Penultimate Eye Liner ($18.50 U.S. / $22.00 CDN)
- Rapidblack True black (Permanent)
Nail Lacquer ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Obey Me True red (Limited Edition)
- Spirit of Truth Navy blue (Limited Edition)
Lash ($14.00 U.S. / $17.00 CDN)
Defiance Eyeshadow Quad ($40.00 U.S. / $48.00 CDN)
- Defiance Iridescent white pink (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Paradise Island Soft warm pink (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Star Studded Mid-tone violet pink (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Real Drama Dark burgundy with pink pearl (Satin) (Limited Edition)
Lady Justice Eyeshadow Quad ($40.00 U.S. / $48.00 CDN)
- Lady Justice Bright silver with white pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Insurmountable Dirty blue grey (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Bold Babe Deep metal blue with white pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Deep Truth True dark blue (Frost) (Permanent)
Valiant Eyeshadow Quad ($40.00 U.S. / $48.00 CDN)
- Valiant Light lime with yellow pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Spinning Transformation Deep olive bronze with yellow pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Diana Undercover Dark forest green (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Manila Paper Pale frost white gold (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition) (Repromote from Spring Colour Forecast ’10)
Reflects Glitter ($21.00 U.S. / $25.00 CDN)
- Reflects Pearl White glitter with pearl sheen (Glitter) (Permanent at PRO)
- Reflects Bronze Sparkling rich gold (Glitter) (Permanent at PRO)
Pigment ($21.00 U.S. / $25.00 CDN)
- Bright Fuchsia Bright magenta (Permanent)
- Marine Ultra Vivid marine blue (Permanent at PRO)
Blush Duo ($24.00 U.S. / $29.00 CDN)
- Mighty Aphordite Warm peach coral with gold pearl/Bright coral pink with gold pearl (Satin/Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Amazon Princess Bright yellow pink/Deep blue pink with gold pearl (Satin/Satin) (Limited Edition)
Mineralize Skinfinish ($35.00 U.S. / $42.00 CDN)
- Pink Power Peachy rose with pink shimmer/Soft rosy bronze/Soft shell pink with fine shimmer (Limited Edition)
- Golden Lariat True coral with fine gold shimmer/Soft suntanned bronze/Soft gold with fine shimmer (Limited Edition)
Wonder Woman Makeup Bag ($30.00 U.S. / $36.00 CDN)
- Wonder Woman Red (Limited Edition)
- Bulletproof Blue (Limited Edition)
Utility Belt Eye Brush Set ($49.50 U.S. / $59.50 CDN) (Limited Edition)
Includes 224SE, 213SE, and 194SE
Utility Belt Face Brush Set ($49.50 U.S. / $59.50 CDN) (Limited Edition)
Includes 129SE, 109SE, and 190SE
Wonder Woman T ($25.00 U.S. / $30.00 CDN) (Online Exclusive) (Limited Edition)
Invicible Mirror ($20.00 U.S. / $24.00 CDN) (Online Exclusive) (Limited Edition)
MAC Finally Flawless Collection for Spring 2011
U.S. Launch Date: January 13th, 2011 | International Launch Date: January 2011
Mineralize Foundation SPF 15 has the exclusive formula – micronized and coated pigments improve blendability, maintain colour purity with SPF 15, and our liquid mineral ferment complex adds nutrients. Light diffusing optics minimize the visibility of imperfections – FINALLY Flawless!
Mineralize Foundation SPF 15 ($32.00 U.S. / $38.00 CDN)
Minerals are the foundation for all living things. The human body is made of approximately 60% water and skin is approximately 70% water. By fusing minerals and water, Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation is the synthesis of earthly essential elements in the form of a rich, luxurious solid cream compact with a liquid mineral infusion. This uniquely textured, medium buildable, foundation delivers immediate hydration while revitalizing the look of dull and dry skin. Used backstage during the Spring/Summer 2010 fashion shows of; BCBG, Carolina Herrera and Baby Phat, it is both a makeup artists dream and a real woman’s skin saving grace.
Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation features an innovative gel based system that provides extreme comfort and creaminess in application, making this formula appealing to all skins but especially normal to dry. The gel fuses the formula’s high water content (30.5%) with the polymers and coated pigments for the ultimate in silky smooth, yet long wearing (up to 8 hours), colour payoff. Because of the immediate moisturization benefits, Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation also helps to immediately reduce the appearance of pores and provides skin with a non-sticky, cooling break.
Additionally, a blend of lightweight oils creates a creamy, comfortable feeling on the skin. The innovative wax-free structure helps moisturize skin, while light diffusing optics help minimize the visibility of pores and imperfections for a flawless looking complexion
- Available in: NC15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 37, 40, 42, 44, 45, 50, 55; NW15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 43, 45, 47, 50, 55.
130 Short Duo Fibre Brush ($40.00 U.S. / $48.00 CDN)
A short, round, flat-topped brush ideal for the smooth, easy application of foundations, creams, emulsions, and select powder products. Features a blend of natural bristles and synthetic fibres.
Please note: This collection is a relaunch of Mineralize Foundation SPF 15, which debuted last spring. I reviewed the 130 Brush when it originally launched, too. I will try to review the foundation, but since it is permanent (and has been for awhile), there are several other products that are new and limited for spring that I want to show you first, so it may be awhile — just a heads up.
MAC & Mickey Contractor: Interviews and Q&As
If you’re looking for collection information, check out this post! Otherwise, this is fun reading material for those interested in what goes on behind a collection, as well as more information about MAC’s collaborator, Mickey Contractor. All information straight from MAC HQ.
Q&A with Mickey Contractor
Mickey, how long have you been working with M·A·C?
It‟s been 32 years since I started working as a makeup artist and this is my 6th year with M·A·C. I’ve collaborated with the brand since they launched in India. M·A·C wanted to work alongside a makeup artist with credibility, experience, the ability to inspire who was also an authority of goodwill in the industry. So when they came to me and said, “We’d like you to collaborate with us, we’re opening a store in Bombay”: I thought, “This is a Godsend for me”. Working with M·A·C was an opportunity to really convey my vision. They have such incredible authority and influence in the industry and becoming a part of that was incredibly exciting to me.
Had you already been using M·A·C products?
Yes, I‟d been using M·A·C for years. I first discovered M·A·C when I was in Canada about 15 years ago where I bought Twig, Malt and Marrakech lipsticks. Those kinds of shades just weren’t available in India. In fact, so little makeup was available in India back then! I’ve been a huge fan ever since.
What’s your beauty philosophy?
For me, beauty is about a natural-looking woman who wears makeup, but wears it so cleverly that it doesn‟t actually show. She‟s also somebody who carries herself with a lot of confidence, not just someone who‟s pretty, but who also has a lot of character. For me…that defines beauty.
See lots more Q&A with Mickey, as well as product development! Continue reading →
MAC and Mickey Contractor Collection
U.S. & International Launch Date: January 6th, 2011 at limited MAC locations (waiting for a list as of 12/29), 1.800.588.0070 and www.maccosmetics.com. International January 2011 – locations unknown at this time.
Who is Mickey Contractor, and why can’t about a billion people live without him? The answer involves breaking out into song and dance, because long before Glee, Mickey made the dashing heroes and exotic enchantresses of Bollywood Cinema into the famous faces throngs of fans want to look like. As M·A·C’s Director of Makeup Artistry for India, he’s more than an icon to a glamorous Eastern audience – he has mentored in-the-know Artists around the world for over three decades. These exclusive collections of Mickey’s musts are all about natural skin tonality and total performance, in addition to colour with a touch of exotic cine-magic. Foundation, Concealer, Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder, goddess-gorgeous Eye shades, Lipstick, Lipglass and Blush, with his favourite brushes to star in your own big Bollywood hit.
Edited @ 12/29 at 10:24AM: JUST heard back from MAC HQ – they are confirming in-store launch in top 22 MAC Stores only, and they are working on a list. Due to the holidays, they can’t give me an exact date as to when they will have the list for me. LiveChat is reporting it will be online for everyone nearer to the official launch date.
Help me help you and readers like you — if you know your store has confirmed they will have Mickey Contractor in their store, let me know!
- MAC PRO @ San Francisco, CA; launches 12/30; call 415-771-6113, will do pre-orders/holds
- MAC PRO @ Costa Mesa, CA
- MAC PRO @ Los Angeles, CA
Lipstick ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Yash Deep neutral (Matte) (Limited Edition)
- Mehr Dirty blue pink (Matte) (Limited Edition)
- Gulabi Bright fuchsia (Amplified) (Limited Edition)
- Mocha Peachy yellow-brown (Satin) (Permanent)
Lipglass ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Flesh Dirty nude brown (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Lust Soft muted pink (Frost) (Permanent)
Athma Eyeshadow Quad($36.00 U.S. / $40.00 CDN)
- Folie Reddish-plum brown (Satin) (Permanent)
- Carbon Matte black (Matte) (Permanent)
- Jaan Light neutral with soft gold pearl (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
- Vivah Brown with gold pearl (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
Eyeshadow ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Saffron Deep coral caramel (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Rani Bright fuchsia with soft pink pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Marvel Deep purple with soft pink pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Oomph Forest green with soft gold pearl (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
Fluidlines, blushes, and more + photos! Continue reading →
MAC Stylishly Yours Collection
U.S. Launch Date: December 26th, 2010
Madly chic women know how to play variations on a theme to give a signature look major oomph, more modern momentum; the simplest switch-up is all that’s required. A pink lip, a lavender eye? A red lip, an orange eye? Stylishly Yours is a M∙A∙C presto-change-o colour collection to personalize the process instantly. Always flawlessly fabulous, set against the sophistication of black, work the full spectrum of passionate pinks to raging reds, in 4 Lipsticks, 4 Pigments, 4 Creme Colour Base, 2 Beauty Powders, Clear Lipglass, and don’t panic – Zoomlash and Fluidline at the ready to double dramatize how glamorous it is to be you.
Cream Colour Base ($16.50 U.S. / $20.00 CDN)
- Virgin Isle Vivid bright coral (Cream) (Permanent at PRO)
- Tickle Me Pink Poppy creamy bright pink (Cream) (Limited Edition)
- Movie Star Red Medium toned blue red (Cream) (Limited Edition)
- Madly Magenta Vivid pinkish purple (Cream) (Permanent at PRO)
Fluidline ($15.00 U.S. / $18.00 CDN)
- Dark Diversion Blackened plum (Limited Edition)
- Blacktrack Solid flat black (Permanent)
Brush ($17.50 U.S. / $21.00 CDN)
- 209 Eyeliner Brush (Permanent)
Zoom Lash ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- New Hue Blackened burgundy (Limited Edition)
Lipstick ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Neon Orange Bright clean orange (Amplified) (Permanent at PRO)
- Something New Creamy bright blue pink (Amplified) (Limited Edition)
- Cockney Sheer yellow red with multidimensional pearl (Lustre) (Permanent now) (Repromote from Euristocrats, ’09)
- Style Curve Bright clean violet purple (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
Lipglass ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
Pigment ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Follow Your Fancy Bright coral with small pearl particle (Limited Edition)
- Madly Personal Bright pink (Limited Edition)
- New Fixation Bright fuchsia red with soft pearl (Limited Edition)
- Violet Vivid bright violet purple (Permanent)
Beauty Powder ($22.00 U.S. / $27.00 CDN)
- Play It Proper Pastel soft pink with sparkles (Limited Edition)
- Too Chic Soft peachy cream with fine shimmer (Limited Edition)
Availability: December 26th, 2010 at all North American MAC locations. January 2011 at all international MAC locations.