Estee Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Collection for Spring 2010
“Hollywood is the birthplace of fantasy and dreams. The inspiration for the Estée Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Color Collection is iconic Hollywood glamour, both past and present, interpreted for everyday life.” – Michael Kors
This Spring, Estée Lauder will introduce the Estée Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Color Collection. This collaboration stemmed from the longtime friendship between Aerin Lauder, Estée Lauder Senior Vice President and Creative Director, and acclaimed American designer Michael Kors. “Nobody understands modern glamour and luxury like Aerin Lauder and the Estée Lauder brand, which is what this collection is all about,” says Michael Kors.
The Estée Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Color Collection is a group of limited edition products that reflect both the timeless beauty philosophy of Estée Lauder and the luxurious, modern fashion style of Michael Kors.
Michael’s design perspective has defined modern American glamour. It is no surprise his presence pervades the modern Hollywood scene – whether he’s dressing celebrities for a red carpet event or attending award shows himself, Michael Kors is a name synonymous with Hollywood.
For the Bel Air Beige Look
- Very Hollywood Sunset Coral Blush ($26.00)
- Very Hollywood Blonde Mink Eyeshadow Duo ($30.00)
- Very Hollywood Sepia Eye Pencil ($19.00)
- Very Hollywood Honey Blonde / Starlet Peach Lip Sheens SPF 15 ($22.00)
- Very Hollywood Honey Blonde / Starlet Peach Lip Glosses ($20.00)
- Very Hollywood Hollywood Gold Nail Lacquer ($18.00)
For the Rodeo Pink Look
- Very Hollywood Sunset Pink Blush ($26.00)
- Very Hollywood Night Star Eyeshadow Duo ($30.00)
- Very Hollywood Film Noir Eye Pencil ($19.00)
- Very Hollywood Bungalow Pink / Starlet Rose Lip Sheens SPF 15 ($22.00)
- Very Hollywood Bungalow Pink / Starlet Rose Lip Glosses ($20.00)
- Very Hollywood Bungalow Pink Nail Lacquer ($18.00)
Complementary Products for Face & Lips
- Very Hollywood Shimmering Loose Powder ($32.00)
- Very Hollywood Hollywood Gold Lip Sheen SPF 15 ($22.00)
- Very Hollywood Hollywood Gold Lip Gloss ($20.00)
Availability: January 2010
Chantecaille Les Dauphins Collection for Spring 2010
Chantecaille’s Spring Color Palette, Les Dauphins, spotlights the natural beauty and protection of one of the world’s most magical creatures—Dolphins. In our continuing pursuit of building awareness and support for some of the world’s most vital environmental causes, Chantecaille is proud to shine a light on a fast-growing global issue: The increasing eradication of the world’s dolphins.
Once plentiful in the cradle of civilization—The Mediterranean, and particularly in the waters surrounding Greece—common dolphins are becoming so scarce, they now reside on the IUCN Red List of Endangered Species. Highly intelligent and considered in many cultures to be a sacred link between humans and Gods, dolphins face countless threats across the globe. In antiquity, killing a dolphin was an act punishable in some countries by death.
Extreme over-fishing, severe lack of marine-protected areas, habitat degradation, trawling, marine pollution, and illegal harvesting (notably profiled in the recent documentary, The Cove) continues to threaten the survival of this magical creature. Which is why Chantecaille’s latest inspiration for Spring 2010 culminates in Les Dauphins—a limited edition palette of color essentials devoted to the symbol and protection of this endangered animal.
Les Dauphins—The Limited-Edition Quad Palette ($77.00)
Les Dauphins’s Quad Palette reflects soft, simple warm grays, delicate beiges, and iridescent neutrals, a strong runway trend from the spring 2010 collections. The colors are encased in an elegant gunmetal quad palette (along with a smoky-rose satin pouch), and each pan is embossed with two dolphins, containing two shades to be blended together. The three eyes—in of-the-moment grays, beige, and soft pinks—brighten and define the eye area with subtle pearl. The perfect pink ,cheek color offers a universally flattering flush of rosy warmth.
China Rose and Bourbon Rose Lip Chic ($30.00)
To compliment Les Dauphins Quad Palette, Chantecaille created two new Lip Chic shades: China Rose and Bourbon Rose. Aligning with the spring runway collections’ passion for corals, and pinks, these two new additions beautifully complement the warm neutrals contained in the quad palette, adding a fresh pop of vibrant color to the lip along with the plumping, smoothing, and soft wearable shine that’s made the Lip Chic formulas so unique and popular.
- China Rose Lip Chic A bright and universally-wearable golden coral
- Bourbon Rose Lip Chic A joyful blush of clean, cool pink
Giving Back to Protect the Dolphins
To bring further support to the dolphin’s survival worldwide, Chantecaille will give 5% of Les Dauphins to Giovanni Bearzi, a Pew Fellow of Marine Conservation, who heads up Tethys—A non-profit NGO for the study and the conservation of the marine environment in the Mediterranean. The Tethys Research Institute has been studying Mediterranean whales and dolphins for two decades and has become one of theforemost research organizations working in the basin.
Tethys subscribes to the following philosophy: “Tell me and I’ll forget, show me and I may remember, involve me and I will understand.” — Confucius
To engage the public’s interest, understanding and support of marine conservation, they offer Field Courses on studying dolphins and whales in the Mediterranean, giving the layperson first hand experience with these animals. Chantecaille encourages everyone to learn more and help bring awareness to this cause at http://www.tethys.org/giovanni_bearzi.htm.
Availability: Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Frédéric Fekkai Salons, Neiman Marcus, select Saks Fifth Avenue locations, and Space NK; also available online at vwww.Chantecaille.com in February 2010.
Are you ready for Spring?
‘Cause there’s a whole lotta beauty coming your way… If you absolutely cannot wait to get your hands on a collection, do what I do and obsessively stalk Nordstrom’s “What’s New” section for the latest goods. (They just put up Guerlain’s new collections today! I’ve also spied Chanel and Clinique.) YSL is doing pre-orders for their Spring Look on their official website. I saw a few pieces of Dior start getting listed on Sephora… so you can imagine that in the next two or three weeks, we’ll see a lot of these launches come online. There are still a few more brands to add to the round-up as information is released, but for now…
Which ones are you most excited over?
Stila for Spring 2010
Stila’s bringing out several new products for the spring season…
Jewel Eye Shadow Palette ($32.00)
- Rose Quartz Light pink with silver shimmer
- Amethyst Dark eggplant with champagne shimmer
- Black Diamond Black with silver shimmer
- Golden Topaz Champagne shimmer with silver and gold sparkle
Eye Shadow Trio ($20.00)
A new collection of Eye Shadow Trios in Stila’s award-winning eye shadow formula! Stila’s six new Eye Shadow Trios will contain 3 shades pressed in one that can be filled in any Stila refillable compact.
- Going Green
Jewel Lip Glaze Trio ($32.00)
- Pink Diamond Pink with pink sparkle
- Amethyst Warm plum with gold sparkle
- Golden Topaz Amber bronze with pink sparkle
Black Diamond Mascara ($24.00)
This innovative new mascara formula lengthens and adheres perfectly to lashes because of a jelly system and filmogen complex. This formula is unusually soft and plush on the lashes, where the results are long and defined with a comfortable feel. Not only is this mascara paraben free, but it contains genuine Black Diamond Powder as well! With its Diamond powder, Stila’s new mascara creates brilliance, hardness and clarity.
- Black Shimmer Black infused with silver shimmer
- Blue Shimmer Black infused with blue shimmer
Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner ($20.00)
This easy-glide, quick-dry precision liner stays in place until you say when—no smudges, feathering, or running. The thin, marker-like tip is easy to use, even for the beauty beginner, and delivers any look (from a thin line to a bold, dramatic stroke!). It goes on smoothly without skipping, smudging, or pulling, and lasts all day!
Lip & Cheek Stain ($24.00)
Things that make you say yum! Stila’s newest crush creates a personalized pink shade your lips and cheeks will crave! This light midtone pink crush with sheer pink pearl contains a new superfruit, Yumberry. Yumberry fruits boast the highest amount of the most potent antioxidants (OPCs, Oligomeric proanthocyanidins). Yumberry is 50 times stronger than Vitamin E and 20 times stronger than Vitamin C! Yumberry can help slow the degeneration of collagen, thus supporting the natural structure of the skin and slowing premature aging. A must-have Lip & Cheek Stain for a beautiful, natural flush.
One Step Makeup Foundation ($44.00)
Once exclusively available with the Makeup Player, One Step Makeup will now be available for purchase individually.
- Fair, Light, Tone, Medium, Dar, Tan, Warm, and Deep
Availability: January/February 2010. Sephora is showing them on their website now, but everything is “temporarily out of stock” (which is more like it’s code for “coming soon”).
MAC Cosmetics Spring Forecast Collection
In February 11th, 2010, you’ll see this hit counter… Debbie confirmed it’ll be in four separate displayers, but on a single day. Which is worse, because now you can’t spread out the costs!
Edited: Added more product photos! (12/27)
Spring Colour 1 Forecast
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Bubble Gum Light lavender pink (Glaze) (Limited Edition)
- Laugh-a-lot Mauve pink (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
- Phlox Sheer light pink (Glaze) (Limited Edition)
- Pink Burst Clean bright pink with pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Cultureclash Frosty clear baby pink with multi-dimensional pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Hush, Hush Rose Mid-tone blue with pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Electric Fuchsia Bright violet with blue pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition_
Eyeshadow ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Da Bling Pink with gold pearl (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent)
- LaLa Mid-tone pink (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Rosy Outlook Frosted baby pink (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Very Violet Dark violet (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Crush Metal Pigment: Stacked 1! ($32.50 U.S. / $38.50 CDN)
Crush Metal Pigment in a shade wave of four stackable jars, specially selected for the Spring Colour Forecast collection. Provides intense colour payoff and medium coverage with highly reflective metallic sparkle. Creamy, crease-resistant. Long-wearing. Limited edition.
- Pale pink, light lilac, mid-tone rose, dark purple (Limited Edition)
Plushlash ($13.00 U.S. / $15.50 CDN)
Blush Ombre ($25.00 U.S. / $30.00 CDN)
- Azalea Blossom Light cool pink (Limited Edition)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S. / $14.50 CDN)
- Galore Pink Creamy mid-tone blue pink (Cream) (Limited Edition)
Creations: Pinkaura ($25.00 U.S. / $30.00 CDN)
- Lingeringly floral, slightly foxy. Starts off green then bursts into a flowery bouquet of freesia, black violet and magnolia petals. Sashays into a rich warm amber and balmy vetiver. (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
Check out more information, plus photos… Continue reading →
MAC Spring 2010 Collections
As always, MAC has a whole slew of collections collections up their sleeves this spring season, and here’s a round-up of everything from now until April (just FYI, spring is considered February through April!). I’ll be sure to let you know as soon as I have photos available!
What collections are going to make you go broke? Which ones will you have to see in person first?