What are some of your must-have drugstore beauty products? Any gems you’ve found?
I love Maybelline’s Full ‘n Soft mascara — really great for natural lashes.
Worst Face Moisturizer? What brand/product wins this category?
If you were using Make Up For Ever #75 Eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
What’s your cure for a pimple right before a special occasion? Any tricks you’ve discovered?
I use Mario Badescu’s Drying Lotion and/or hydrocortisone.
What are your best beauty habits? Always remember the SPF? Never sleep with your makeup on?
I’m pretty good with applying SPF everyday, and I always wash my face in the AM and PM religiously. There is no such thing as too tired!
For many of us, Mondays can be tough days, what with the work/school week starting off anew. I like to motivate myself for the week by finding things I’m lusting after (usually beauty products–shock of shocks, I’m sure!). It helps me focus my energy on Monday mornings into the things I need to get done, and these little acts of motivation can also serve to be rewards later on down the road, if I accomplish enough of my to-do list, of course!
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer ($22.00) is one of theBalm’s newer products, and it is a a shimmery powder. It looks like it’s designed to be a highlighter, but the copy says it can be used as a highlighter, shimmer or shadow. All I know is I’ve heard great things about theBalm’s cheek products, but I haven’t had a chance to try them out for myself.
- Philosophy Beach Party Golden Girl Lip Shine ($12.00) is a summery lip shine, and if you know me… you know I love me some Philosophy lip shines! They’re really hydrating on the lips, give a gorgeous glossy sheen, and they smell delicious.
- Givenchy Poetique Blues ($53.00) just looks stunning in the promo photos. I haven’t seen Givenchy’s fall collection pop up on-counter yet, but it’s all available via Sephora now… for things like these, I’m so hesitant to buy sight unseen, though!
- Benefit Cosmetics Lip Gloss ($18.00) is Benefit’s latest gloss formula, and the shades look gorgeous. I haven’t broken down and purchased any yet, because I haven’t heard enough glowing reviews… What say you?
- NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara ($25.00) is a new mascara, which just recently debuted at Sephora, designed to volumize and hold a curl. I’ve never tried mascara by NARS, so I wonder how this one will compare. The price is a little steep for my liking, though. At that price, I’ll opt for YSL or Chanel.
- Illamasqua Pure Pigment ($24.00) seem to be right up my alley. I know the beauty world is buzzin’ about Illamasqua (both good and bad), but I am really anxious to see these for myself. Chasm, Conquer, and Involve all look like shades I’d love. Those of you in the UK or in NYC, love ‘em or leave ‘em?
- TEMPTU AIRbrush Makeup System ($225.00) is something that appeals to my inner beauty-gadget-geek. I love tech-y beauty stuff. I imagine this could be kind of fun (A girl can dream, right?)
- Korres Guava Lipstick ($22.00) is tempting, just because Korres, as a brand, has been impressing me as of late. I’m quite eager to check out their color line, since their skincare is fantastic.
What’s motivating you this Monday?