Welcome to Free For Haul Fridays!
A play on Oh No They Didn’t’s “Free For All Fridays,” every Friday is Free For Haul Fridays! Friday is a day for fun — whether you’re already off enjoying your weekend or if you just need a way to get through til the end of the work day, FFH is here for you!
Share your latest beauty hauls! Once you’ve done that… say anything you’d like. Tell us about the greatest thing that happened to you this week, why your pet is the cutest, what you’re doing this weekend… whatever!
First, I’ll share mine!
Haul: Seven MAC Pearlglides (six to giveaway, though!) and four MAC Lipstain Markers. I did pre-sale Chanel Mistral & Riviera Le Vernis, plus two lipsticks… but it shouldn’t count since I haven’t paid yet!
Excited for: seeing my parents this weekend, enjoying Easter Sunday, and maybe, just maybe, finding time to read a book.
My pic of the week… Mellan wishes you all a happy April!
Now… have at it!
Five for Friday: Products I’m Trying to Resist
The good news is I haven’t caved on any of the five things from last Friday. The bad news is that is only because I was in a hurry and kind of forgot all about what I meant to get at Nordstrom on Thursday. I’m definitely caving in on Guerlain’s Tinted Moisturizer and potentially Philosophy’s Raspberries & Cream set.
- Philosophy Pure Grace Hand Wash ($18.00) showed up at Nordstrom.com today. I didn’t know Philosophy made hand soap… hmm. We go through quite a bit of soap here, so I might have to try this one since I love Philosophy’s Shower Gels so much.
- Guerlain The 180 Year Collector’s Case ($3,750.00) is only on this list because it was the most outlandish product I saw this week. Holy moly, that’s a lot of perfume and a lot of bucks you need to shell out for ’em. Just in case we have some high rollers reading this blog, it contains 1 oz. bottles of 1853 Eau de Cologne Impériale, 1889 Jicky, 1912 LHeure Bleue, 1919 Mitsouko, 1925 Shalima, 1959 Vetiver, 1965 Habit Rouge, 1979 Nahema, 1989 Samsara, 2003 L’Instant de Guerlain, 2004 L’Instant de Guerlain pour Homme, 2005 Rose Barbare, 2005 Angélique Noire, 2005 Cuir Belluga, 2006 Bois de Arménie, 2006 Insolence, 2007 Iris Ganache, 2008 Cruel Gardénia.
- Cake Beauty Cake Kiss Lemon Chiffon Lip Butter Lemon Chiffon ($9.00) sounds so, so yummy. I tried a Cake Beauty Lip Butter wayyy back in the day, and I remember liking it so much I finished the pot!
- Smashbox Cream Eye Liner Palette Metallic ($32.00) has ten shades of Smashbox’s cream eyeliners in metallic finishes. I’ve never tried one of Smashbox’s cream eyeliner palettes — are they any good? Better than pots?
- Guerlain Liquid Eyeliner ($35.00) is available in four shades (00 Metal D’or, 01 Noir Ebene, 02 Bleu, and 03 Encre Brun), and it is a little tempting. Anyone try this?
What five products are on YOUR lust list this week?
Do you ever buy beauty products to feel better? Does it help? Do you regret it later?
Yes, but I still try to buy products I want, not just anything. I also try not to spend TOO much, just because I’m in a bad mood, so that way I don’t regret it a few days later!
What’s the Worst Base Coat for Nails…?
What brand/product wins this category? Any particular reason it wins?
How does your hair color affect your makeup? Do you avoid certain colors?
I don’t even think about my hair when I do my makeup, LOL!
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
- Do your friends share your love for beauty?
- Do you share your makeup with your friends/family?
- Do you do your friends/family’s makeup?