This Week’s Beauty Report: Saturday, April 17th, 2010
- Bond No. 9 debuts their latest fragrance, Saks-En-Rose. Top notes include Lantana Leaves, Dry Dates, and Mace; heart notes include Orange Rose, Tuberose, and Orris; and base notes include Amber, Musk, and Sandalwood.
- Kimora Lee Simmons also launched a new scent — Baby Phat DARE ME. It’s described as, “[a] floriental, beachy scent leads with notes of exotic Island Coconut and finishes with soft Sandalwood.”
- Estee Lauder signed French model Constance Jablonski and Chinese model Liu Wen for their global advertising campaigns, and we’ll see them in June 2010.
- John Frieda, with BCBG, will be kick off the John Frieda Style On Site Tour in NYC on April 27th. The mobile salon will hit ten cities (Philadelphia, Atlanta, Miami, Houston, LA, San Francisco, Minneapolis, and Chicago) that include free hair styling sessions and fashion advice.
- LUSH introduces Knot-Wrap stations, where instead of wrapping up your gifts-not-yet-given with scarves (made out of recyclable materials or vintage fabrics). Each Knot-Wrap goes for $6.95 and can be reused after unwrapping!
- NARS introduces Marcel, a doggy mascot, for the brand this week. Marcel’s first beauty tip is, “While products are important, any NARSissist knows it’s not always what you’re applying but how it’s applied. Preparing the skin for makeup is the most important part of any makeup application. Remove makeup nightly, use SPF when in the sun, and always moisturize.”
If you were using MAC Petals & Peacocks Lipstick?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
What’s your favorite “season” for makeup? Do you love the collections of spring? Summer? Fall? Holiday sets drive you mad?
I am totally a summer gal! I love the corals and golds and bronzes!
Welcome to Free For Haul Fridays!
A play on Oh No They Didn’t’s “Free For All Fridays,” every Friday is Free For Haul Fridays! Friday is a day for fun — whether you’re already off enjoying your weekend or if you just need a way to get through til the end of the work day, FFH is here for you!
Share your latest beauty hauls! Once you’ve done that… say anything you’d like. Tell us about the greatest thing that happened to you this week, why your pet is the cutest, what you’re doing this weekend… whatever!
First, I’ll share mine!
Haul: I bought a few items that a lot of readers requested for me to review, so I figured to at least get them while they were slightly on sale
Excited for: *fingers crossed* some decent weather and spending some time outdoors!
Now… have at it!
What beauty/makeup products do you refuse to buy online? Why?
I really, really hate the idea of buying any products from a brand I’ve never tried or seen in-store before. I also hate buying foundation online!
What’s the Best Hair Dye…?
What brand/product wins this category? Any particular reason it wins?