Tag: Who Does it Best?
This tag is all about your favorite brands — which brands really know how to do certain products better than any other!
Tags are kind of like glorified surveys, but they’re fun ways to pass the time and learn a little more about each other! Feel free to tag your friends or other beauty bloggers if you want to see theirs, too!
- Best Blush Brand: Guerlain edges it out for me, because they’re very subtle and natural, but they’re still apparent. I’m coming around to NARS blushes, though. I also really like MAC blushes as a solid color range with nice texture/quality, and for their affordability.
- Best Eyeliner Brand: Urban Decay — I love Make Up For Ever, too, but the softer texture of the 24/7 Liners gets me!
- Best Eyeshadow Brand: MAC! I love that MAC has a variety in textures and shades. Their permanent line is actually pretty amazing, but so often overlooked with their onslaught of limited edition collections.
- Best Lipstick Brand: Guerlain/Cle de Peau — it’s a total tie here. Both brands make a seriously good-feeling lipstick, and the shades are so flattering. You certainly pay for both, though!
- Best Lipgloss Brand: Le Metier de Beaute has such a great texture and range of shades.
- Best Foundation Brand: Make Up For Ever has a nice range of foundations and a huge shade selection. I think both are important in being the best. My personal favorite foundation is by Guerlain, but the range is limited and it’s the only foundation I’ve tried from the brand.
- Best Nail Polish Brand: China Glaze! I love the shade range–so many to choose from–and I never have issues with the formula. It’s very consistent, which I appreciate immensely!
Leave a comment and copy & paste the list below and fill it in with your answers!
Best Blush Brand:
Best Eyeliner Brand:
Best Eyeshadow Brand:
Best Lipstick Brand:
Best Lipgloss Brand:
Best Foundation Brand:
Best Nail Polish Brand:
What color eyeshadow do you wish a brand would create? What do you feel you’re missing?
I think I’d like a really pigmented aqua-teal with flashes of violet and blue.
Welcome to Free For Haul Fridays!
A play on Oh No They Didn’t’s “Free For All Fridays,” every Friday is Free For Haul Fridays! Friday is a day for fun — whether you’re already off enjoying your weekend or if you just need a way to get through til the end of the work day, FFH is here for you!
Share your latest beauty hauls! Once you’ve done that… say anything you’d like. Tell us about the greatest thing that happened to you this week, why your pet is the cutest, what you’re doing this weekend… whatever!
First, I’ll share mine!
Haul: I bought a few things online, though nothing has arrived yet. I have my girl @pursebuzz grab me one of each of Make Up For Ever’s new Lab Shines (plus a few eyeliners!) when she was at IMATs. I think they were missing two at the show, and that should arrive today. *fingers crossed* I placed orders online for Bobbi Brown’s Denim Ink Gel Eyeliner, MAC Haute & Naughty Lash, and Mario Badescu Drying Cream (I’m out!)–that was Wednesday night. On Thursday afternoon, I bought some Burberry Beauty off of Nordstrom, too — three eyeshadows, three lipsticks, one lip gloss, one liquid foundation, and two blushes. I had to really, really RESIST! the buffer brush. I am a sucker for gunmetal packaging, seriously. I figure this is permanent, so I can grab it later on down the line.
Excited for: Fourth of July!
Friday plans: Try to get caught up on some stuff I’m behind on!
Are there certain beauty products you refuse to spend a lot of money on? If so, which ones & why?
Body sunscreen is definitely an area where splurging may be nice, but it’s not at all practical, given how much you have to use!
What’s the Best Sheer Lipgloss…?
What brand/product wins this category? Any particular reason it wins?
What are you wearing on your nails right now? Toes and fingernails!
Nothing on my fingernails, China Glaze For Audrey on my toes!