Do you wear bright lip colors? Love ‘em? Avoid ‘em?
I LOVE bright lip colors, though I don’t seem to wear them very often.
The Spring Season: Warmer Nudes Lipstick Wrap-up
I’m partial to warmer nudes myself, and I discovered several new favorites through the Spring Season–I hope you did, too! One reason I love doing end-of-series roundups is because it gives me an opportunity to see if there are good dupes for certain shades.
- For instance, #7 (Guerlain Guerlinade) is a new favorite nude for me, and the closest dupe here is #12 (MAC Freckletone), but it’s not quite there.
- On the other hand, #9 (Korres #34 Nude) and #14 (MAC Touch) have similar coloring but different textures.
- #8 (Julie Hewett Simone) is a pinker, more pigmented version of #2 (Chanel Mythic). #10 (Lancome Rich Cashmere) seems similar to #11 (MAC Cherish).
- #3 (Cle de Peau #103) seems like a cross between #9 (Korres #34 Nude) and #12 (MAC Freckletone).
- Benefit Sugar Cookie Lipstick
- Chanel Mythic Lipstick
- Cle de Peau #103 Extra Silky Lipstick
- Guerlain Barbara Rouge G Le Brilliant Lipstick
- Guerlain Forever Beige Lipstick
- Guerlain Gardenia Rouge G Lipstick
- Guerlain Guerlinade Rouge G Lipstick
- Julie Hewett Simone Lipstick
- Korres #34 Nude Guava Lipstick
- Lancome Rich Cashmere Lipstick
- MAC Cherish Lipstick
- MAC Freckletone Lipstick
- MAC Honeyflower Lipstick
- MAC Touch Lipstick
- Maybelline Caramel Kiss Lipstick
The Spring Season: Cooler Nude Lipstick Wrap-up
We’re winding down the Spring Season, and the best way to do that is by giving you a visual summary of all of the colors we’ve taken a look at in the past three months! This post features cooler nude lipstick shades.
- MAC may have a lot of nudes, but it definitely looks like you don’t need to own every single one to have your nude lips covered. #5 (MAC Creme d’Nude), #6 (MAC Fleshpot), and #7 (MAC Myth) are all quite similar–Creme d’Nude is sheerer and glossier, while Fleshpot and Myth have similar textures, Fleshpot is pinker, Myth is peachier.
- #1 (Benefit Lady’s Choice) and #4 (Korres #13 Natural Pink) seem to be similar, except Lady’s Choice has a glossier finish; #8 (MAC Velvet Teddy) is also similar to these two, but seems a little darker and cooler.
- Benefit Lady’s Choice Lipstick
- Guerlain Beige Mousseline Lipstick
- Guerlain Galia Rouge G Lipstick
- Korres #13 Natural Pink Guava Lipstick
- MAC Creme d’Nude Lipstick
- MAC Fleshpot Lipstick
- MAC Myth Lipstick
- MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick
- Smashbox Charming Lipstick
This Week’s Beauty Report: Saturday, March 27th, 2010
- Did anyone else notice an explosion of Nordstrom Beauty Exclusives? I almost thought it was anniversary time with so many… but that’s not until July!
- Beauty-full luggage tags, anyone? Dior’s Addicted to Dior Lip Gloss luggage tags popped up on Nordstrom this morning. (Can you tell I *STALK* Nordstrom’s beauty site?) Who’s shelling out $60 for one of these?
- CND launches Shellac Hybrid Nail Color, is a new move to rejuvenate the nail salon business. It’s designed to wear for at least fourteen days and takes thirty minutes to complete. It’s applied like a polish manicure, but each coat is set under a UV lamp like a gel. The removal and reapplication process is estimated to take amoutn forty-five minutes. Will you be trying Shellac when it hits your local salon?
- Has anyone tried Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner? Hmm… I might have to!
- Tom Ford will launch twelve shades of Private Blend Lip Color–April in Europe, June in the U.S.–revolving around classic lip colors. In the U.S., we’ll see it launched in approximately 30 doors, including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Bergdorf Goodman. Kind of cool that Europeans will see this before the U.S., yeah? I mean, not cool for me, but cool for some of you
- Illamasqua will launch body products come April with two shades of Illumine Oils (tinted shimmering dry body oils) and Gleam Cream, a body highlighter.
- Benefit and Tweezerman have partnered to create a cobranded line-up of Slant Tweezers ($25) and Pointed Slant Tweezer ($30), as well as a Brow Shaping Brush ($12) and ProCurl Curler ($20).
- Kiehl’s will launch a new body care range just for men called Cross-Terrain. The line-up will include All-in-One Hair & Body Refueling Wash, UV Skin Protector with SPF 50, Dry Run Foot Cream, and 24-Hour Strong Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant Dry Stick.
- Caudalie is having a Friends & Family sale through Monday, March 29th, 2010. Use code BFF at checkout and receive free shipping on all orders over $50.
If you were using MAC Ever Hip Lipstick?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
Do you match your nail polish to your makeup? How do you choose what polish color to wear?
I actually so wear actual polish, LOL. I usually keep my nails bare so I can swatch whenever I need to. But if I do, it’s based on my mood!
Thanks to Heather for today’s question!