This Week’s Beauty Report: Sunday, February 28th, 2010
- Chanel Rouge Coco makes it much-anticipated debut in-store and online with thirty shades to choose from (and at $30 a piece!).
- MAC Viva Glam’s Cyndi Lauper and Lady Gaga are having an exclusive discussion as hosted by Sharon osborne on Monday, the 1st, @11AM (EST). To catch the stream, head on over to MAC’s Facebook.
- H&M does skincare, which will debut in stores in the beginning of March. It’ll include shower gel, body scrub, body lotion, hand cream and lip balm, in either raspberry and melon or lavender and mint. The products have natural and organic ingredients that are certified by Ecocert.
- Givenchy launched a new scent called Ange ou Demon Le Secret, which they describe as “a delicate, radiant floral fruity fragrance.” Top notes are Italian Winter Lemon, Cranberry, Green Tea Leaves; middle notes are Sambac Jasmine, White Peony, Water Flowers; and Bottom: Blond Woods, Patchouli, White Musk.
- Philosophy Color of Grace Collection launched recently (spotted it on Nordstrom!) with Heavenly Light Pink Illuminator ($28), Amazing Grace Shimmering Face Powder ($29.50), Art of Blushing ($35), Amazing Grace Coloring Book ($37.50), Go with Grace Face Brush ($20), Eyelighting Shadow Duo ($22), Angel Kiss Lip Gloss ($17.50). Philosophy also launched Wild Blackberry Blossom in a shower gel and body lotion. (MMM, want!)
- Estee Lauder introduced Resilience Lift Extreme Makeup. It’s supposed to “offer all-day continuous moisture, ultra-radiance, incredible lift, and exceptional spreadibility.” It’s now available and retails for $36.50.
- Make Up For Ever is hosting The Runways contest whewre you could win a trip to the NYC premiere. To enter, visit the website!
- Bobbi Brown Color Strips hit counters this week with three varieties. Can’t wait to see them in person!
What makeup do you wear to work? Share!
I’ll just go with school instead of work, and I usually wear none!
Thanks to CeeBee for this question!
If you were using MAC Fresh Salmon Lipstick?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
If you could create any lipstick/gloss shade, what would it be? What’s the closest brand/shade to it?
Ultra smooth, pigmented, and only slightly sticky gloss in a pink-coral with subtle golden diamond sparkle.
Thanks to Kpenn for this question!
Welcome to Free For Haul Fridays!
A play on Oh No They Didn’t’s “Free For All Fridays,” every Friday is Free For Haul Fridays! Friday is a day for fun — whether you’re already off enjoying your weekend or if you just need a way to get through til the end of the work day, FFH is here for you!
Share your latest beauty hauls! Once you’ve done that… say anything you’d like. Tell us about the greatest thing that happened to you this week, why your pet is the cutest, what you’re doing this weekend… whatever!
First, I’ll share mine!
I picked up “It” Girl Lipstick by Lancome and a new tube of Chanel Exceptionnel mascara (lurve!) just yesterday while at Nordstrom!
Now… have at it!
What colors/shades complement your eye color the most? Share your favorites (and don’t forget to tell us your eye color!).
I have hazel eyes, and I feel like golds and greens really work well for me.
Thanks to Michele for this question!