Just a quick look I put together the other night! 🙂
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot (nude base), MAC Melon pigment (peachy-pink), Make Up For Ever #5 Eyeshadow (matte orange), Make Up For Ever #75 Eyeshadow (matte hot pink), Make Up For Ever #92 Eyeshadow (matte purple), Make Up For Ever #159 Eyeshadow (matte blue), MAC Nylon eyeshadow (yellow-gold highlighter), Urban Decay Ransom 24/7 Liner (purple), Urban Decay Lash Primer, Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara
- Cheeks: MAC Petalpoint blush (plummy-pink)
- Lips: Urban Decay Naked lipstick (pinky-beige), MAC Crystal Rose lipglass (fuchsia-purple)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 165 (highlighting brush)
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply MAC Soft ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. Apply MAC Melon pigment just on lower lid with the 249. On the inner lid, pack #5 eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply #75 eyeshadow to the middle portion of the lid. On the outer lid and crease, apply #92 eyeshadow with the 226. Darken crease with #159 eyeshadow using the 219, and then blend out with the 226. Sweep MAC Nylon eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight with the 217. Apply Urban Decay Ransom 24/7 Liner on lower lash line. Smudge lower lash line with #151 eyeshadow with the 214 brush, pressing into lower lashes. Apply Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with MAC Petalpoint Blush using the 129. Apply Urban Decay Naked lipstick to lips, and then top with MAC Crystal Rose lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos!
#10, 47, 80, 84
Stumped for color? Here are some ideas! Check out three more!
Glossy Full Couleur: #6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Yesterday, I showed you swatches of five of Make Up For Ever’s Glossy Full Couleur Lip Glosses, and today I have the other five. Again, they have a minty flavor/scent, retail for $19.00 each, and contain 0.33 oz. of product.
- #6 is a sheer, glossy medium pink. Unlike #4, it’s not a bright pop of pink, but it isn’t so subdued that it’s boring, either.
- #7 is a sheer, baby-girl pink. It has a really nice glossy finish.
- #8 is a softer version of #2 and a darker version of #3. It’s a soft shade of orange that’s not quite coral, but not full blown orange either.
- #9 is a glossy lilac-y pink shade. It’s not very purple, but there is definitely hints of it.
- #10 is a brighter orange-y coral shade. It’s less orange and deeper than #3.
See more swatches…
Glossy Full Couleur: #1, 2, 3, 4
Make Up For Ever is famous for their range of eye products, but they are a full service line and include everything from eyeshadow to lipgloss to lipstick to blush. Today, let’s look at their line-up of Glossy Full Couleur, which is a jelly, sheer lipgloss with a non-sticky feel and ultra-glossy finish. It has a minty scent, which may or may not be your cup of tea (it doesn’t sway me one way or another, though I am partial to sweeter scents like vanilla). They are numbered, not named, like the brand’s other products, and they are numbered one through ten. Each retails for $19.00 a pop and contains 0.33 oz. of product. I’ll cover five here, and then the other five tomorrow!
- #1 is a sheer, glossy red with an orange undertone. (If you’re a blue-based red kind of person, this isn’t it.)
- #2 is a sheer, sweetly glossed bright pop of orange. I’d say this is orange with just a touch of burnt red in it.
- #3 is an orange-based coral with a glossy look. I like layering this over pink-based lipsticks to get a more wearable shade of coral.
- #4 is a glossy, hot pink. It’s pretty intense, but on lips, it sheers out a fair amount so don’t let the pigmentation of the swatch scare you!
- #5 is a pretty shade of pinky-wine-berry. This was one of my favorite colors, because I felt like it was really wearable and perfect for fall.
See more swatches…
Make Up For Ever #311 Eyeshadow
Here’s kind of a mish-mash of shades — plummy/browns.
- #311 is a shimmery burgundy shade. It runs a little on the reddish wine side, and the shimmer is noticeable without being too much. It’s a diamond shadow, so it has a frostier finish than other iridescent shadows by Make Up For Ever.
- #141 is a sheer, slightly shimmery pale mauve-pink. It doesn’t have the best color pay off, but it can be layered to get a little more pop out of it.
- #162 is a matte, brownish-burgundy shade. It can be layered for increased intensity, though it has decent color pay off. I like it for the crease, personally!
- #84 is a shimmery, smoky green with gray tone. It has golden shimmer laced throughout. It reminded me of a lighter MAC Greensmoke eyeshadow, actually.
- #47 is a matte, grayed-down green. It’s kind of like a drab green in a way, but it’s a nice way to add depth to the crease without adding a lot of darkness.
Which of these are your favorites?
Check out more photos!