This Week’s Beauty Report: Saturday, April 17th, 2010
- Bond No. 9 debuts their latest fragrance, Saks-En-Rose. Top notes include Lantana Leaves, Dry Dates, and Mace; heart notes include Orange Rose, Tuberose, and Orris; and base notes include Amber, Musk, and Sandalwood.
- Kimora Lee Simmons also launched a new scent — Baby Phat DARE ME. It’s described as, “[a] floriental, beachy scent leads with notes of exotic Island Coconut and finishes with soft Sandalwood.”
- Estee Lauder signed French model Constance Jablonski and Chinese model Liu Wen for their global advertising campaigns, and we’ll see them in June 2010.
- John Frieda, with BCBG, will be kick off the John Frieda Style On Site Tour in NYC on April 27th. The mobile salon will hit ten cities (Philadelphia, Atlanta, Miami, Houston, LA, San Francisco, Minneapolis, and Chicago) that include free hair styling sessions and fashion advice.
- LUSH introduces Knot-Wrap stations, where instead of wrapping up your gifts-not-yet-given with scarves (made out of recyclable materials or vintage fabrics). Each Knot-Wrap goes for $6.95 and can be reused after unwrapping!
- NARS introduces Marcel, a doggy mascot, for the brand this week. Marcel’s first beauty tip is, “While products are important, any NARSissist knows it’s not always what you’re applying but how it’s applied. Preparing the skin for makeup is the most important part of any makeup application. Remove makeup nightly, use SPF when in the sun, and always moisturize.”