This is your last chance! Surveys must be completed December 17th, 2007 by midnight PST! SO TAKE IT!
TEMPTALIA’S READERS’ CHOICE AWARDS 2007, VOTE NOW!
- If you don’t have an answer, feel free to state that, “I hated all the mascaras I tried this year!”
- Please only give one answer per question. If you can’t pick between your two favorites, how can you expect us to?
- Question confusing? Don’t be afraid to ask for clarification, or just answer to the best of your knowledge. This isn’t a test, you aren’t being graded!
- One survey per person (duplicates will be deleted).
- These are your answers–this means put what you feel is the best/worst, whether it is a drugstore or high-end brand.
- Surveys must be submitted by December 17th, midnight PST!
- We will reveal the winners December 19th!
What better way than increase participation by offering prizes? We’ll be doing random giveaways to those who fill out a survey! How will I know it’s you? Answer the last question (#20), and at the end of your answer, put: “PICK ME! [insert your email address].”
TEMPTALIA’S READERS’ CHOICE AWARDS 2007, VOTE NOW!
I appreciate everyone who enters! Thank you so much for your participation, in advance!
To celebrate the new year, we want to give our readers the chance to win a spectacular prize–and by this, we really do mean one fantastic prize that will blow you away!As promised, here is the second giveaway for our New You with New Beauty contest…
The Prize: Moor Allure Naturals has generally sponsored this giveaway of Moor Allure’s Natural Skin Kit ($190 value) is a daily 3-step system that includes five products plus an exfoliating brush to keep your skin soft, silky, and so healthy. The first step is the purifying facial cleanser which gentle enough for sensitive skin. The second step is a soothing herbal toner that uses Moor Extract, antioxidants, and natural herbal extracts. The kit also includes the radiance mask (to use weekly) that exfoliates and repairs. Lastly, silky soft exfoliant is another weekly treatment that cleanses and exfoliates, ideal for most skin types.
How to win: Tell me what your New Year’s resolutions are and why you want to win this kit. Leave your answer in the comments. We will put all names into a drawing, and we will select one lucky winner to receive Moor Allure’s Natural Skin kit.
- Contest is open until December 31st, 2007, midnight PST.
- Contest is open to our international readers.
- One entry per person.
What five brushes couldn’t you live without? What brand, which ones?
We had the opportunity to speak to Titi Branch from Miss Jessie’s, and we couldn’t resist asking her for some holiday hair tips because we know holiday parties are in full swing–so of course, you want to look your very best, from the roots of your hair to the tips of your toes. But first, let us tell you about Titi as well as her salon and hair product brand, Miss Jessie’s. Titi and her sister Miko opened up Miss Jessie’s Salon in 1997 in response to the lack of experts in natural hair and naturally curly hair. They had the unique hair experience of being born to a Japanese mother and African-American father, and so their hair texture was always a plight for unsuspecting salons. They learned to style and manage their own hair, and this is how Miss Jessie’s salon was born. In 2004, they launched their own line of systling cremes, moisturizers, and deep conditioning teratments.
Quick tips from Titi:
- Curly Pudding: A fantastic styling crème for fingerstyling. Apply to damp hair and air dry or use a diffuser to speed up drying time. Creates wonderful elongated spirally curls.
- Curly Meringue: An excellent styling crème for rod setting curls. Curly Sets are great because they last through the party. A lot of us are reluctant to get out there on the dance floor because we are afraid we will sweat our hair out. Not so with a Curly set. They last long after the party is over.
- For your Braiders: Apply a dab of Miss to freshly blown out natural hair. It will transform an otherwise bumpy braid to a silky smooth plait.
What are some of the easiest ways to style your hair for a great holiday look?
If you are going to wear it out I think accessories are a lot of fun, pretty headbands with ornamentation are really pretty and also keep your hair out of your face.
For straight-haired girls, what are the best products to use to increase volume?
Straight haired girls need to increase volume in the root area. So root volumizing sprays are good. Hot rollers for sets are great. For styling straight hair curly I would suggest a spiral rod set with Curly Meringue. Dry under a dryer and separate the set when dry.
- Air of Style (Stylistics’ perfume) in-depth review; verdict? worth the money, if you have it.
- We announced one of MAC’s spring collections, N/Naked, for 2008.
- Victor Cembellin gives Temptalia readers some fabulous tips on using the new Metal-x shadows.
Be sure to check out the best in the beatuy blogosphere for the past week! Continue reading →
How do you choose a lip combination? Are there any tips or tricks when it comes to selecting the right color, gloss, etc.?
I personally pick from one family of colors I know works for certain eyeshadow shades. I find corals to be excellent with nearly every color, especially greens; while super dark smoky eyes or really dramatic dark blues need paler, pink or peach neutral colors. I find blues work great with pinks or peaches, when they’re lighter rather than darker. I always like to have a slightly purple lip if I’m going for pink or purple on the eyes (or might go with a full on bright pink – just depends).