10 Amazing Products Reviewed During 2008
Kate Somerville Oil-Free Moisturizer for an easy-to-use day time moisturizer that’s lightweight, doesn’t cause acne, and keeps your skin moisturized all day long. Added benefit? It’s in techy air-less packaging, which means the ingredients don’t get contaminated by you or the air.
Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment will help solve that no-good, stubborn-as-hell pimple that just hurts and is killing you to look at.
Chanel Blush Duo Tweed Effect is such a delicious combination of subtle color and shimmer–I absolutely adore it for a great everyday go-to kind of color and product.
Burberry The Beat Eau de Parfum is still a favorite scent that I keep on my bathroom counter, and I can only say that there are three that have made a home there. The Beat is in good company with Dior Addict and Vera Wang’s Look.
Calvin Klein Delicious Light Glistening Lip Gloss is my new favorite lipgloss formula. I love the way it lasts for awhile, comes in a good range of colors, and feels like a dream on my lips. Lightweight, pigmented, and sophisticated shimmer–YES!
I chose these products out of many, because these are products I use again and again and would continue to repurchase in the future if needed. These are truly some of my favorite products I had the chance to try during the year, but they are products I feel good about recommending to all of you.
Chanel Beiges de Chanel Quad really stole my heart this year. I’m totally digging neutral looks these days, and this is the perfect quad to arm yourself with for foolproof neutral eyes.
MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator was such an amazing exfoliator for both the body and the face, and I truly am disappointed to see that there is no news of it returning or becoming part of the permanent line. I am all out of mine, unfortunately, so I can only dream now!
Clarisonic For Better Skin, not to mention cleaner, healthier skin. 100% worth the initial costs!
Lush Sweet Japanese Girl may have rubbed some of you the wrong way with its design, but the product itself feels amazing and keeps my skin feeling fab.
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils really stole the show when it came to eyeliners. They may have been around beforehand, but it wasn’t until 2008 that I had the chance to try them (and totally fall head over heels in love with them!).
Today, let’s celebrate both the passing of 2008 and beginning of 2009 by reminiscing about some of the most popular, favorite, and just plain ol’ fun posts from Temptalia over the past year.
10 Most Popular Posts of 2008
1. Eye Diagram, Parts of the Eye was the most popular post from this past year. It describes the different parts of the eye (like the crease, inner lid, etc.) with a photo diagram.
2. Tutorial for a Super Black & Gold Smoky Eye is an ultra dramatic smoky eye, perfect for your New Year’s Eve celebrations!
3. Need help getting out of a beauty rut? Temptalia readers offer their tips and advice on how to break free of that rut and get back into the groove of all things beauty!
4. Tutorial for a Blue & Green Eye that isn’t all that dramatic nor overly smoky–but it is jam-packed with color! It features Gorgeous Gold on the inner lid, with softer blues and darker navies on the outer lid.
5. MAC Hello Kitty Photos was a huge hit, whether you loved it or hated it. It is most definitely a much anticipated collection for 2009!
6. Tutorial for a Ultra Smoky Green-Black Eye teaches you how to achieve a kicked up green and gold smoky eye with just a smidge of black-gold to accent the color.
7. Tutorial for an Easy Work-Safe Eye was designed as a neutral look for Valentine’s Day, but it is also perfect for low-key events or even office-appropriate situations! Kick it up with a bright red lip!
8. First Video Tutorial featuring a smoky silver-blue eye. Pretty self-explanatory!
9. Tutorial for an Orange & Pink Eye is a neutral eye with a lot of pop and sizzle with Molten Sol liquidlast liner to brighten up the eye.
10. MAC Cosmetics: Guide For the Newly Addicted is a series of articles written to introduce you to the brand, from recommendations to advice!
When was the last time you shopped your stash? When did you rediscover a product you used to love or a product you only used once or twice?
What are your tips for spending less on beauty? How can someone stay on a budget? What have you found to work for you?
LET THE VOTING COMMENCE!
The nominees are in, so now it’s time for everyone to cast their votes so we can see what products topped 2008. Each category consists of nominees, but I still have an “other” choice for those who don’t find their favorites listed!
Please vote for your favorites! Continue reading →
To Impersonate a Mermaid by using Freshwater with aquas and crystalline blues to evoke images of the ocean and siren calls.
Go Bold With No Regrets in a sinfully rich and dark smoky eye that’s all blue and nothing but. Shamelessly smothered in the hues of blue and navy blue for a night out!
Lightly In the Crease to help add just a *touch* of dimension and color.
Make a Smoky Eye Pop by turning gray to a gray-toned-blue. It’s an eye look without a lot of color, but it isn’t so monochromatic either.
With Teals because it goes so perfectly with them. Yep, blue with teal–obviously not for those afraid to wear some color!
To Create Jewel Tones with its richness in that perfect medium blue that’s dark and yet not overwhelmingly so. Pair it with greens and teals and aquas.