Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
Instructions: Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share it with us in the comments section!
Last beauty item you bought and LOVED?: [answer]
Last beauty item you bought and HATED?: [answer]
Last beauty item you bought and RETURNED?: [answer]
Make Up For Ever #158 Eyeshadow
Make Up For Ever Eyeshadows ($19.00 each) and Diamond Eyeshadows ($20.00) each are sold individually in single-sized compacts. What’s nifty about the compacts is that they’re already magnetized and there’s no depotting necessary. If you need to pop one out, just take a pair of tweezers to do so (I do this to prevent any “oops!”). You can also purchase the eyeshadows in pan-form only (I believe that those are $13.00 each) and then fit them into 10-pan palettes (I believe those are $13 as well).
- #158 is a matte, medium red. It goes on smoothly, has good pigmentation, and it doesn’t have a chalky texture. Because of the intensity of the red pigment, this color may stain lids temporarily. Compared with 99, this is a much subtler red. I like that it doesn’t have any noticeable brown in it, so it doesn’t come out brick red.
- #99 is a matte, bright apple red. It feels like velvet when swatched, and it packs a lot of color without much product. This one, like 158, may also stain lids temporarily.
- #75 is a matte, bright hot pink. This is the shade I used in yesterday’s look, and it definitely gives you a nice pop of bright pink color. It, too, will stain your lids, though. I didn’t wear a base beyond my lid, and anywhere I had #75 above my lid, it stained. It is pretty easy to work with and feels like a buttery matte with no chalkiness to it.
- #85 is a shimmery, soft pink. This is a pretty color, and it reminds me of MAC Pink Freeze, just not as gritty/glittery. This is smoother, and while it doesn’t pack a lot of color, it is a nice all-over-lid shade to brighten up eyes.
- #303 is a shimmery, pale pastel pink. All Make Up For Ever shadows that start with a 3 (e.g. #3_ _) are Diamond Eyeshadows. According to the brand, Diamond Eyeshadows is a combinatoin of their Diamond Powders and their regular Eyeshadows. No matter what you call it, they’re shimmery and iridescent. This is almost like a pink-meets-lilac color, but it runs a bit pastel and cool-toned with subtle silvery-pink shimmer.
To avoid staining: make sure to layer a base underneath wherever you’re going to put a shadow that has the potential to stain. When I used #75 on my eyes, it only stained above my crease, where I laid it down directly onto skin. The staining does fade after about a day or so, though.
See more photos… Continue reading →
What was your last beauty splurge? What was the last beauty product you gave into?
For me, it was my Make Up For Ever haul!
What better way to kick of a month of Make Up For Ever than by sharing with you my first look using their products? I did my best to use as many Make Up For Ever products, so that you can see exactly how they perform! All eyeshadows used will be reviewed at some point during the month (hint, I’ll be doing five per post in rainbow order, so you’ll see some tomorrow!).
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Make Up For Ever #920 Star Powder (yellow gold base), Make Up For Ever #10 Eyeshadow (shimmery yellow gold), Make Up For Ever #153 Eyeshadow (shimmery peachy-gold), Make Up For Ever #5 Eyeshadow (matte coral-orange), Make Up For Ever #75 Eyeshadow (matte bright fuchsia), Make Up For Ever #160 Eyeshadow (matte eggplant purple), Make Up For Ever #101 Eyeshadow (sheer, yellow-gold shimmer), Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow (black), Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Make Up For Ever #5 Blush (matte coral-orange), Make Up For Ever #153 Blush (shimmery peachy-gold)
- Lips: Illamasqua Obey Lipstick (pinky-coral), MAC Dejarose lipglass (dark pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 165 (highlighting brush)
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply #920 Star Powder all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack #10 eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply #153 eyeshadow to the middle portion of the lid. Alongside #153, apply #5 eyeshadow to the side towards the outer portion of the lid. On the outer lid and crease, apply #75 eyeshadow with the 226. Increase intensity by packing on more of #75 eyeshadow with the 239. Darken crease with #160 eyeshadow using the 219, and then blend out with the 226. Sweep #101 eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight with the 217. Smudge lower lash line with #10 eyeshadow with the 214 brush, pressing into lower lashes. Finish with Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow on on the upper lash line using the 208. Apply Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with #5 Blush using the 129, then highlight with #153 with the 165. Apply Illamasqua Obey lipstick to lips, and then top with MAC Dejarose lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
30 Days of Make Up For Ever…
STARTS TODAY! Last week, I made an epic Make Up For Ever haul, and there was more than one reason for doing so. The major reason behind it is to bring you a new feature on Temptalia: 30 Days of Make Up For Ever. That’s right — thirty! That means that every day in July, you will see at least one post about the brand. It might be a look, swatches, reviews, or how-tos. It could be anything, but at least one per day will tell you more about the brand. We have also teamed up with Pursebuzz with this feature, so be sure to follow her 30 days, too (so it’s almost like 60, ha!).
If you have any suggestions on things you would like to know or see about Make Up For Ever, definitely let me know in this post. I’ll do my best to fulfill requests! Thanks!
Temptalia Gives Away Four Cover FX “The Big COver-Up” Kits!
We’re giving away four (4) sets of Cover FX‘s “The Big Cover-Up 3-Step Essentials Kit” to four lucky readers. We are giving away one (1) in each of the four shades — B, C, E, and M.
- B Series—shades of golden brown to ebony (contains B0, B25, B45).
- C Series—shades with primarily pink undertones (contains C10, C40, C80).
- E Series—shades with a balance of pink and yellow (contains E0, E30, E80).
- M Series—shades with yellow and/or olive undertones (contains M20, M40, M80).
Cover FX’s The Big Cover-Up 3-Step Essentials Kit helps to create flawless-looking skin as blemishes, redness, sun damage and other complexion concerns all disappear. Achieves total coverage of minor to major complexion imperfections, regardless of skin tone, in three essential steps: prep, cover and set. The kit includes: Skinprep FX Nourishing Foundation Primer and Anti-Aging Serum (0.5 oz.), Cover FX Total Coverage Cream Foundation (three shades total 0.43 oz.), Setting FX Translucent Setting Powder (0.22 oz.), Professional Foundation Brush #130, and How-to Instructional DVD.
To Enter: Tell me what your favorite Cover FX product is OR the one you’d like to try the most. Also, you must tell me which shade would most suit you (refer to the above for details on shades).
All entries must be submitted by July 9th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to U.S. residents only. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
1. Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
2. Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Update: Winner has been selected, notified, and confirmed! Thanks for participating!