Nordstrom.com is now up and open with this year’s Anniversary Sale!
Every year, I always get excited about the sale, just because I tend not to purchase much besides shoes and beauty products from Nordstrom… but the sale always allows me a little more room to maneuver and consider other purchases, too. Time to get tempted! Happy shopping — share your hauls in the comments!
I ended up getting two pairs of BCBGirls pumps and a pair of blue suede flats!
Do you consider yourself a beauty bargain hunter? Are you always on the look-out for a good deal?
I always keep an eye out for sales and the like, but I don’t say that sales make or break my purchases!
Beauty Basics: MAC Face Brushes
Beauty Basics is a series covering basic products and tools that help to make applying your makeup easier. To view the entire series to date, be sure to visit the beauty basics, or you can view posts within the series about MAC Face Brushes.
Focus On: MAC 191 Square Foundation Brush
MAC 191 Square Foundation Brush ($32.00) is a flat, square-shaped brush made out of synthetic fibres. It’s fairly firm, and the edge of the brush is fine and firm. Although it’s touted as a foundation brush, I prefer using this to apply creamy products like face primers, moisturizers, etc. I just don’t find it works nearly as well for foundation as brushes like the 109, 187, or 182. I do like the edge, though, because it can give you crisper lines when you want them, and it also lets you get into hard-to-reach areas like the nose. This is probably one of my least loved face brushes, just because I prefer so many others over it.
How do you like to use this brush?
See close-ups… Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Assemblage Mineralize Eyeshadow!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Assemblage Mineralize Eyeshadow, from the limited edition MAC Colour Craft Collection.
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us how much you spend on beauty products (on average) per month!
All entries must be submitted by July 24th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win…
For a total of FOUR chances! Just remember you must leave a comment on this post to get entered initially. Please be sure to use a valid e-mail address.
2. Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
3. Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
4. Join our Forums! (please include your Forum user name OR use the same e-mail address.)
Congratulations Cat B.! Thank you for participating!
What beauty products are currently on your wish list? Have you been able to replace it yet?
Some things from NARS fall, but I’m trying to resist!
Make Up For Ever #26 Eyeshadow
Five more purples!
- #26 is a bright fuchsia pink with a matte finish. It’s extremely pigmented, and it feels smooth to the touch.
- #52 is a softly shimmered fuchsia-mauve shade of pink. It has slight silver sheen/iridescence, and it is fairly pigmented, particularly for an iridescent.
- #151 is a shimmery, light whitish-lilac color. It is probably one of the more frosty-finished shadows I’ve played with from the brand (an observation–not a negative or a positive!).
- #39 is a matte plummy wine shade. It feels a bit cool-toned and a little more on the purple side than similarly colored #131.
- #131 is a reddish-plum shade, and it has just a touch of shimmer in it (nearly nil). Compared to #39, it’s redder, and it doesn’t feel as cool-toned.
Which of these are your favorites?
Check out more photos! Continue reading →