- Eyeshadows: Blue Storm, Big T, Carbon, Rondelle, NARS Emmanuel, Coppering, Humid, Eyepopping, Wondergrass, Bright Sunshine, Firespot, Romping, Electric Eel, Tilt, Nocturnelle, Hepcat, Sushi Flower, Sketch, Woodwinked , Mi-Lady
- Pigments: Chartreuse, Navy Blue, Blue Brown, Fuchsia, Entremauve(my BFF), Acid Orange, Cornflower, Kelly Green, Off the Radar, Ruby Red, Golden Lemon
- Brushes: 242SE, 266
- Blitz & Glitz Fluidline, Feline Kohl Power,NW45 StudioTech, Fashion Fair Warm Sand blush, Mattene’s Rapurous lipstick
For more photos, Continue reading →
- Rubenesque Paint Pot
- Goldmine e/s
- Amber Lights e/s
- Woodwinked e/s
- Nylon e/s
- Beautyburst e/s
- Smoke Signals pigment
- Showstopper e/s
- Smoking e/s
- Mehron pigment in white
- Laura Gellar bronzer
- Prestige black liquid liner
- Cheap halloween lashes
- Black lipstick
See a close-up of the mask by clicking the link Continue reading →
Over the next four days, we will be posting eight entries from our October 2007 contest. There will be two winners – one decided by a panel of judges, and another decided by our readers for “Reader’s Choice!” First place winner will be announced after we have posted all of the entries. We’ll then let you vote for your favorite as well, but for now, enjoy them!
ENTRY: MERMAID PUNK
- Eyeliner: Rimmel Exaggerate Full color eye definer-Aubergine
- Light blue shadow on top lid: Ulta-Mosaic
- Light green color on lower eye Ulta-radient (both of the above shadows are also brushed around the eyeliner for starker contrast)
- Dark Blue on lid: Color concepts 98 colors (Nameless, but is a Dark blue)
- Mascara: Revlon 3D extreme mascara
- Wet and Wild Silver lipstick
- Ulta-Radiant shadow on top
Want close ups? Continue reading →
Where do you find inspiration for your makeup looks? Do you find it in nature, magazines, celebrities? What inspires you to try a certain look or change up your makeup style?
I personally find a lot of my inspiration from color combinations, just seeing them in my head or on a website or on a random product design.
Have a question you’d like to ask? E-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org – if your question is time-sensitive, please be sure to let me know so I can do my best to answer it in time.
Q: Which eyeshadows have good color payoff: Fade vs. Tilt; Parfait Amour vs. Satellite Dreams vs. Beautiful Iris? Do you have any suggestions for blue and purple on the lid?
A: Tilt has good pay off. Satellite dreams I think has the best. Parfait Amour is awful. For a true blue, nothing is better than Freshwater. Purple? MAC has yet to make a fantastic permanent true purple. I love Stars ‘n Rockets, but it’s a magenta purple. Beautiful Iris and Satellite Dreams are your best bets for a purple, as you mentioned.
Q: I am slowly building my collection of MAC (getting quite obsessed with it now!) but only have one pigment pot. I love them but have only recently gained confidence in using them. Please can you recommend a few must-have pigments as staples in my makeup kit that could get me started?
A: Oh, goodness, must-have pigments? I could name you a dozen. I love Fuchsia, Golden Olive, Melon, Pink Opal (excellent cheek highlighter), and Teal. Those are all permanent, readily available pigments at most MAC freestanding stores. You may love Vanilla or Frost, both white-based pigments, too.
Continue reading →
Temptalia had the absolute pleasure of interviewing Linsey Snyder, aged 29, who is the president and CEO of Face Time Cosmetics. She runs her own cosmetics line, as well as does side work on television shows, socialites, celebrities, and editorial spreads. She’s been working as an artist since she was “old enough to have makeup of [her] own and [had] friends who wanted makeovers!” Her education has stemmed mostly through learning from magazines as well as classes taught by James Vincent at The Powder Group in New York City.
Linsey, as generous as she is, has donated Beauty In a Box in Stunning ($90 value) for a Temptalia giveaway contest! Enter by leaving commenting on the interview (a real, substantive comment – don’t just say hi!) by 11:59 PST November 2nd. One random, LUCKY winner will be selected November 3rd!
Before you can win, though, you have to read the interview!
Continue reading →