- Stick or non-sticky lipgloss?
- Sheer or pigmented lipstick?
- Cream/gel or pencil eyeliner?
This week’s sales at HauteLook…
The links above are a referral link. It means that I receive a $10 credit if you make your first purchase–I get nothing if you never buy. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish! 🙂
This Week’s Sales for June 28st, 2010
- Beauty.com: Get $10 off orders of $60+ whenever you click through THIS LINK.
- Benefit: Free shipping over purchases of $50+, use code PRETTY50. Free international shipping with purchases of $115+, use code WORLD115.
- Bliss: Free Summer Gift Bag ($102 value) with any $75+ purchase with code JULY4TH, 7/1 thru 7/6. Get a blood orange shower gel + shipping with any fatgirlslim purchase with code POTM610, expires 6/30. Get a Beauty Flash 30ml (VALUE $27.50) with any Clarins purchase of $40+ with code CLARINS, expires 7/20.
- Blue Mercury: Free shipping on all orders over $50 with code FREESHIP, plus 3 free beauty samples with every order.
- Bobbi Brown: Free full-size long-wear gel eyeliner in Mahogany Ink with $65+ order with code GEL8, expires 9/30, one time use. Free full-size metallic eyeshadow in Gold Dust with $65+ order with code GOLD8, expires 9/30, one time use.
- The Body Shop: Save up to 60% off during the sale event, starting 6/7.
- C.O. Bigelow: 10% off any purchase over $50 with code BIG10. Expires 6/30.
- Clinique: Free limited-edition beach towel, plus free Standard Shipping with any $35+ purchase with code BEACH. Free Summer Tote with order of any 2 Clinique SPF products. Use code SUNTOTE. Free tulip-patterned makeup bag with $35+ purchase with code FREEBAG, expires 6/30. Free Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief sample with any order with code WISE, expires 6/30. Free shipping with code FSCHAT07.
- CVS: Buy one, get one 50% off CoverGirl, Physicians Formula.
- Juara: 10% off in July with code JULY10.
- L’Occitane: L’OCCITANE Summer Sale! Select products up to 50% OFF.
- MAC Cosmetics: Free shipping & Zoomlash Mascara sample with code LASH710.
- NARS Cosmetics: Free shipping on orders of $25 or more with code 25FREESHIP. Free mini Laguna bronzer with $65+ order with code LAGUNASUMMER, expires 7/1.
- Nordstrom: Current list of Gifts with Purchase.
- Origins: Free shipping with code FREESHIP54, expires 6/30. Free Youthopia sample, plus free standard shipping with $35+ orders with code NEXTSERUM, expires 6/30. Free full-size cleanser with $30 Origins.com order with code CHECKS. Modern Friction To Go: full size Modern Friction Plus a Free travel size – save $15.00.
- Rite Aid: Buy one, get one 50% off Neutrogena (Eye & Lip), Physicians Formula, Revlon, Sally Hansen.
- Saks: Receive a luxury beauty collection (a $175 value) with any $55 Estee Lauder purchase with code LAUDER25
- Walgreens: Buy one, get one 50% off Almay, L’Oreal, Neutrogena, Wet ‘n’ Wild.
- Get a free sample collection of 3 Bare Escentuals best sellers with code BEMATTETRIO.
- Get a free sample collection of 3 Bare Escentuals best sellers with code BEBARETRIO.
- Free Kat Von D eye primer sample with code KVDEYE.
- Free MD Skincare Trifix acne clearning lotion sample with code TRIFIX.
- Stila eyeshadow palette @ $10, while supplies last.
- Get samples of all five HerCut styling products with any online order with code HAIRPICK.
- Get a free Kim Kardashian tote with $45+ on Kim Kardashian’s fragrance with code KARDASHIAN.
- Free bliss Hot Salt Scrub when you buy the Bliss Bikini Perfect Deluxe trimmer with code HOTSALT.
- Free Boscia night cream sample with code BOSCIANIGHT.
- Free Urban Decay De-Slick sample with code DESLICK.
- Free Dr. Brandt Samples with code DRBRANDT.
- Free Shiseido Sun Protection & Cleansing Oil samples with code SUNDUO.
- Free Shiseido skincare samples with code 123SHISEIDO.
- Smashbox Moisture Rich Lipgloss @ $5, Eyeshadow palette at $6.
- Free MD Skincare Trifix Acne Clearning Lotion sample with code TRIFIX.
- Last chance DDF sale, get 50% off select DDF items, no code necessary.
- Korres body scrub for $8.50, no code necessary.
- Pacifica 2 for $25 on shower gels or lotions, no code necessary.
- Free refillable palette when you buy any 3 Make Up For Ever eyeshadows or blushes with code MUFE.
Temptalia’s Collection – June 2010
For my 100th video, YouTube user kanadian00797 asked if I would do a special video — my makeup collection. I asked on Twitter if it was of interest, and by the post title, I think you know what the response was! 🙂 The video is LONG. In previous years, I’ve split up the videos into MAC and non-MAC, but it’s all in one big video this time around. I also talk in more detail about blogging, the size of my stash, and what I do with products I don’t want or why I keep certain products. Since the video is pretty lengthy, I want to recap some of that in this post, too! 🙂
The Why & How: Video Summary
- I’ve been collecting makeup for 6 years. My collection wasn’t built overnight!
- I am a *collector*! I may use what I buy and receive, but I am a collector at heart. Makeup is not purely utility for me, and this is why I consider it a hobby that I am passionate about.
- I have been blogging for nearly 4 years. Brands and PR do send me product to consider reviewing. I don’t get paid to review products, no one gets to edit or preview my posts, and I’ve never lost a relationship because of a negative review, even the Ds and Fs.
- I donate products to to local organizations like battered women’s shelters. I’m currently trying to work with a local veterans organization to find a way to send products to service men and women overseas.
- The bathroom all my makeup is stored in is only used for makeup! I wish it didn’t have a shower and instead a giant closet…
- I consider this also an archive of the makeup past — it allows me to go back to previous launches for comparison.
My Storage System
- 3 x Advantus Rolling Cart, 10 Drawer (in Smoke) ($50) — also available in multi-color and white
- Clear Storage Boxes ($1.79 to $19.99) come in a variety sizes, but I typically use the Accessory Boxes and Shoe Boxes sizes for storing makeup. I also use the Sweater Boxes for storing body creams/washes and skincare.
- Linus Shallow Drawer Organizers ($2.99 to $6.99) have several sizes, but I typically use the 3″x6″, 3″x9″, 3″x12″, 6″x9″, and 6″x12″.
- Linus Deep Drawer Organizers ($3.49 to $6.49) are deeper by about 1 1/8″ compared to the Shallow Drawer Organizers. I use the 4″x12″ usually.
- Translucent Stack Drawers ($9.99 to $14.49)
- The Boy was the videographer for most of the video!
- I still have the first brush I ever owned — Benefit’s Eyeshadow Blending Brush, which has long been discontinued.
- I don’t know how many of each item I have, and it would probably make me cringe even a little if I did. So don’t count!
- I keep a lot of products for comparison purposes–e.g. how does X shadow compare to Y shadow from 4 years ago? My memory is faulty, and though the improvement in my photographing skills over the years help me to photo-document everything, I like having it in real life to compare, too.
- In looks, I try to keep older limited edition/discontinued products out of them. I try to use new products (to show how they look applied) or permanent products.
- I have the Scarlet/Spring/Summer seasons to thank for finally getting some permanent lipsticks in my stash!
- My dream is to have California Closets come over and design me the ultimate makeup storage system.