Beauty Basics: MAC Face Brushes
Beauty Basics is a series covering basic products and tools that help to make applying your makeup easier. To view the entire series to date, be sure to visit the beauty basics, or you can view posts within the series about MAC Face Brushes.
Focus On: MAC 192 Cheek/Face Brush
MAC 192 Cheek/Face Brush ($32.00) is a flat, paddle-shaped brush with a more tapered edge than the typical paddle-shape. It’s made out of synthetic fibers, and it is designed to be used with creamy/emollient face and cheek products, like blushcremes, moisturizer, Strobe, etc. For application of blushcremes (or cream blushes–same thing), I like to use the tip to just gently apply a few dots of color on the cheek. Then I use the entire brush to blend it outwards and get a soft, smooth look. I’ve also found that the size of this brush (smaller than the 190) makes it a good brush for blending concealer in, too. It’s large enough that it only takes a few brush strokes to blend your concealer into place, but it isn’t so large that you can’t get into the nooks and crannies. This is a solid brush, and actually sometimes prefer this one to the 188 for blushcremes.
How do you like to use this brush?
See close-ups… Continue reading →
Where do you go for inspiration for your makeup? Share!
I look at clothes, LOL!
Make Up For Ever #311 Eyeshadow
Here’s kind of a mish-mash of shades — plummy/browns.
- #311 is a shimmery burgundy shade. It runs a little on the reddish wine side, and the shimmer is noticeable without being too much. It’s a diamond shadow, so it has a frostier finish than other iridescent shadows by Make Up For Ever.
- #141 is a sheer, slightly shimmery pale mauve-pink. It doesn’t have the best color pay off, but it can be layered to get a little more pop out of it.
- #162 is a matte, brownish-burgundy shade. It can be layered for increased intensity, though it has decent color pay off. I like it for the crease, personally!
- #84 is a shimmery, smoky green with gray tone. It has golden shimmer laced throughout. It reminded me of a lighter MAC Greensmoke eyeshadow, actually.
- #47 is a matte, grayed-down green. It’s kind of like a drab green in a way, but it’s a nice way to add depth to the crease without adding a lot of darkness.
Which of these are your favorites?
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Tell us why/what you love, hate, or are indifferent about… BRIGHT LIPSTICK!
Do you like your eyeshadows in individual pots or palettes? Why?
I like palettes that I can switch around (so custom ones, I guess!), because I find myself not using stuff that’s individually packaged.
Catch-up on your Make Up For Ever…
- HD Foundation
- Blues: #83, 147, 60, 81, 308
- Blues: #159, 167, 72, 118, 150
- Purples: #79, 160, 142, 92, 89
- Purples: #26, 52, 151, 39, 131
Plus, check out the round-up for week one if you missed it!