Temptalia Gives Away MAC 226 Small Tapered Blending Brush!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC 226 Small Tapered Blending Brush, from the limited edition MAC Colour Craft Collection.
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us if Temptalia has ever influenced you purchase something. Tell us what! And if not? It’s cool — tell us about your last beauty purchase instead!
All entries must be submitted by July 22nd, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win…
For a total of FOUR chances! Just remember you must leave a comment on this post to get entered initially. Please be sure to use a valid e-mail address.
2. Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
3. Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
4. Join our Forums! (please include your Forum user name OR use the same e-mail address.)
Congratulations R.M.! Thank you for participating!
What discontinued beauty product do you miss the most? Have you been able to replace it yet?
MAC Mari-sheeno lipstick. That is all!
Make Up For Ever #79 Eyeshadow
Let’s talk purples!
- #79 is a dirty mauve-plum kind of shade. It’s a bit muted, which makes it an excellent color for smoky eyes, but it’s also nice for subduing bolder colors. It has a slight iridescence to it, but it isn’t overly frosty. I thought the pigmentatoin was good as well.
- #160 is a matte eggplant shade of purple. I really love using this with pinks and purples in the crease. It also works really well all over the lid and then a matte black in the crease for an ultra smoky eye. #160 is smooth and has plenty of color for you to enjoy.
- #142 is a shimmery medium purple with a silver sheen/shimmer to it. This isn’t quite as lovely as I was hoping, as it could pump out more color right away, but it layers decently so you can still get a more intense color if that’s what you want (like me).
- #92 is one of the brand’s more famous eyeshadows. It’s a matte, bold shade of violet-purple. It’s incredibly bright, and it goes on smoothly and packs a lot of color from the get go. I haven’t used this yet in a look, but I’m definitely eager to!
- #89 is a soft, pearly fuchsia-purple shade with slight violet sheen. It reminds me of a lighter, less frosty version of MAC’s Stars ‘n Rockets.
Which of these are your favorites?
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Best Flat Iron? What product wins this category?
Beauty Basics: MAC Face Brushes
Beauty Basics is a series covering basic products and tools that help to make applying your makeup easier. To view the entire series to date, be sure to visit the beauty basics, or you can view posts within the series about MAC Face Brushes.
Focus On: MAC 190 Foundation Brush
MAC 190 Foundation Brush ($32.00) is a flat, paddle-shaped brush with very rounded edges and almost comes to a soft, rounded point. It’s fairly small, and it is thin. It’s a firm, densely-packed brush with fibres that make it easy to use with liquid and cream products, particularly foundations. I like it more for initially applying liquid/cream products onto the face rather than as a tool to blend or actually give me full coverage. I find fluffy brushes like the 109 are much more to my taste for application of foundations, but they can get a bit gummed up if you simply get the foundation on it from the get-go. Often using the 190 to dab on the product to my face, and then using the 109 to blend it out, works best for me. While a quality brush, I rarely reach for it, so I wouldn’t consider it a must-have.
How do you like to use this brush?
See close-ups… Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Eccentricity Mineralize Eyeshadow!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Eccentricity Mineralize Eyeshadow, from the limited edition MAC Colour Craft Collection.
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us what feature you’d love to see on Temptalia in the future.
All entries must be submitted by July 20th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!). Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Congratulations Tammy D.! Thank you for participating!