- How often do you reapply lipgloss/lipstick during the day?
- Do you touch-up your makeup during the day?
- When do you apply/remove your makeup during the day?
Build a Quad: “Smoky Duo”
To me, the classic smoky eye is a mix of grays, silvers, and blacks–but the best part about smoky eyes? You can make any eye smoky. I thought rather than just doing a monochromatic quad for smoky eyes (at least, this time around!), it’d be nice to give you the ability to create two different smoky eyed looks in one.
This quad includes: MAC Ricepaper eyeshadow (a soft, lightly shimmered beige), MAC Soft Brown eyeshadow (matte reddish medium brown), MAC Silver Ring eyeshadow (shimmery silver-gray), and MAC Carbon eyeshadow (matte black).
A few combinations to try with this…
- Ricepaper all over the lid, Soft Brown in the outer corner/crease, Ricepaper to highlight
- Ricepaper all over the lid, Soft Brown in the outer corner/crease, Carbon dusted lightly in the crease, Ricepaper to highlight
- Ricepaper all over the lid, Silver Ring on the outer lid/corner, Carbon in the crease, Ricepaper to highlight
- Silver Ring all over the lid, Carbon in the crease, Ricepaper to highlight
A few looks I’ve done that can be replicated with these shades…
- Ultra soft brown smoky eyes
- Medium soft brown smoky eyes
- Brown & gray smoky eyes
- Silver-Gray smoky eyes
- Monochromatic smoky eyes
Build a Quad is a feature focusing on creating different eyeshadow palettes that are both beautiful and functional using permanent shades of eyeshadow. We invite readers to suggest their own build-a-quads — just leave your ideas in the comments! Don’t forget to name your quad!
MOR is on sale at HauteLook!
About the brand:
MOR is the expression of a dynamic collaboration between Australian designers, Dianna Burmas and Deon St.Mor.
Creative spirits merged when they first met in 1998 unaware that in just over three years, they would be running what would become a hugely successful international body care company.
At the time of their meeting, Dianna was carving a reputation as a talented visual merchandiser, stamping her refreshing aesthetic on department store floors across the globe. Meanwhile, Deon, an industrial design graduate, was co-owner of a budding, Melbourne-based interior design company.
With a shared passion for travel, food and the arts, their union led to the development of an extensive range of contemporary lifestyle products and the opening of an interior-design retail store in the Melbourne CBD. Their signature pieces included lamps, vases, cushions, candle holders and stationery with a distinct, chic-urban edge.
The range extended to include a collection of soaps—their first foray into the world of beauty products. A collection of lotions, aromatic oil blends and candles followed soon after. Inspired by traditional apothecary, they had fallen in love with the endless possibilities of blending age old and contemporary ingredients and decided there and then to channel their energies into this vision.
In the midst of discussing their newly made plans in May 2001, in the back of a New Delhi cab, Deon spotted a street sign with the word MOR (meaning peacock in Hindi). It struck a chord and upon their return to Melbourne, the pair immediately registered MOR Cosmetics.
The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish!
Temptalia Gives Away $150+ in Urban Decay!
We’re giving away over $150 in some of our favorite Urban Decay products!
We’re giving away…
- Urban Decay Book of Shadows II
- Urban Decay Rocks
- Urban Decay Spandex Glitter
- Urban Decay Glam Rock Glitter
- Urban Decay Deviant 24/7 Liner
- Urban Decay Gunmetal 24/7 Liner
- Urban Decay Dime 24/7 Liner
All entries must be submitted by November 14th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via direct message on Twitter. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Re-Tweet to Win
This is a Twitter Giveaway, so it is extremely easy to enter–just two simple steps! You’re welcome to re-tweet away, but there is only one entry per person.
2. Re-tweet the following: “RT @temptalia Win $150 worth of Urban Decay! Follow @temptalia & RT to enter! Info: http://tinyurl.com/150urban“