Make Up For Ever #83 Eyeshadow
Time for some blues, methinks!
- #83 is a aqua-blue base with greenish-gold sheen and soft blue shimmer. I thought this color was incredibly pretty, and it is probably one of my favorites from all of the eyeshadows I purchased!
- #147 is a dark, grayish-brown blue shade with low shimmer–kind of more of a satiny feel. It’s too similar to #81 to merit owning both, in my opinion. I’d say stick with #147 over #81, as well, just because the pigmentation and smoothness is better in #147.
- #60 is a ultra deep matte navy blue with just a hint of green in its tone (it just seems to run a little green-blue rather than deep dark blue). Smooth and soft, richly pigmented.
- #81 is a shimmery, dark grayish-blue base with brighter blue sheen and shimmer. I found this one wasn’t as pigmented as I’d like it to be. It was a little lighter, sheerer.
- #308 is a shimmery, dark blue with brighter blue sheen. It reminded me of MAC Deep Truth eyeshadow with less frostiness.
Which of these are your favorites?
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Got a question? ASK IT!
Go ahead! Ask your questions–now’s the time to get product recommendations, comparisons, or just to find out how old my dog is. You can ask whatever your heart desires–beauty or otherwise–and I’ll do my best to answer!
I’ll be keeping an eye out on this post so I can answer questions quickly! Feel free to chime in with your answer to someone else’s question, too! The more the merrier! And yes, you can ALWAYS ask a question, on this post or another post, regardless of the timing. There is no such thing as an old post!
Do you consider yourself brand-loyal? Are you a one-brand kind of beauty buyer? Do you like to try all brands? Do you just stick a few?
I used to be brand loyal, but now I find it near impossible! So many great brands and new products to try.
If you could revamp MAC Mineralize Skinfinish, what would you change? What would you keep the same? How would you make it an even better product?
HauteLook is having a Hourglass Cosmetics sale!
The sale is going on now at HauteLook! Products are usually around 50% off, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. I’ve only tried a few Hourglass products before, so I might see what I can pick up from the sale.
(The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish! )
Tutorial: Colorful Green Eyes
Here’s a tutorial for this look! This is actually a pretty simple and straight-forward look. You’re really only using four colors, including highlighter!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral base), Make Up For Ever #171 Eyeshadow (shimmery chartreuse), Make Up For Ever #91 Eyeshadow (matte bright medium green), Make Up For Ever #53 Eyeshadow (shimmery forest green), Make Up For Ever #101 Eyeshadow (sheer, yellow-gold shimmer), Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes 12L (deep teal-green), Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Make Up For Ever #5 Blush (matte coral-orange), Make Up For Ever #153 Blush (shimmery peachy-gold)
- Lips: YSL Peach Passion Rouge Volupte Lipstick (peachy-coral), MAC Liberated lipglass (pale gold-yellow)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 165 (highlighting brush)
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply MAC Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack #171 eyeshadow on using the 239. On the outer lid and crease, apply #91 eyeshadow with the 226. Increase intensity by packing on more of #75 eyeshadow with the 239. Darken crease with #53 eyeshadow using the 219, and then blend out with the 226. Sweep #101 eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight with the 217. Smudge lower lash line with #171 eyeshadow with the 214 brush, pressing into lower lashes. Finish with 12L Aqua Eyes on on the lower lash line using the 208. Apply Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with #5 Blush using the 129, then highlight with #153 with the 165. Apply YSL Peach Passion Rouge Volupte lipstick to lips, and then top with MAC Liberated lipglass for color and shine.
Now, get the dish on how-to do this look! Continue reading →