The Spring Season: Lipgloss Wrap-up
Did you know that it’s easier to swatch multiple lipsticks at once than lipglosses? Who knew! Let’s take a look back at the lipglosses featured in the Spring Season…
The closest dupe to #4 (Cle de Peau #2) is #3 (Chanel Pin-up), but it’s not quite as pigmented or as golden-peach; #1 (Benefit I’m With the Band) also comes close, but it’s a good deal pinker. However, #12 (NP Set Mauritius) is the closest in the “feel” of #4–but it’s milkier, creamier–has a very obvious nude base but gives the same sheen/effect. #12 is also similar to #7 (Le Metier de Beaute Apricot Creme).
Predictably, #1 (Benefit I’m With the Band), #3 (Chanel Pinup), #4 (Cle de Peau #2), #8 (MAC Nymphette), and #11 (NARS Orgasm) are all in the same family. I often hear comments comparing these shades to NARS Orgasm, but I have to tell you, on my lips, Orgasm is the sheerest and least impressive. Cle de Peau #2 is the best, but it’s also the priciest. I think a good affordable version is either Benefit’s I’m With the Band or MAC Nymphette. For something even closer, I think Chanel’s Pinup does the trick. I still love Cle de Peau #2 the best and would buy it again in a heartbeat.
- Benefit I’m With the Band Lipgloss
- Benefit Zone Out Lipgloss
- Chanel Pinup Glossimer
- Cle de Peau #2 Gloss
- Dolce & Gabbana Sunset Lipgloss
- Korres #25 Natural Purple Lipgloss
- Le Metier de Beaute Apricot Creme Gloss
- MAC Nymphette Lipglass
- Maybelline Sandstone Shimmer Lip Gloss
- NARS Belize Lipgloss
- NARS Orgasm Lipgloss
- NP Set Mauritius Lipgloss
- NYX Chandelier Lipgloss
- Shiseido PK 406 Lipgloss
- YSL Golden Peony (#10) Golden Gloss
- Lipstick (39%, 733 Votes)
- Lipgloss (34%, 643 Votes)
- Lip Balm (26%, 476 Votes)
- Other - I'll tell you in the comments! (1%, 13 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,865
Feel free to elaborate on your answer in the comment section!
The Spring Season: Warmer Pinks Lipstick Wrap-up
I’m actually surprised by the volume of warmer-toned pinks featured in the Spring Season. I always thought finding the right warm pink was difficult, but perhaps not!
- #1 (Benefit Candy Store) is a more pigmented, slightly more coral version of #3 (Chanel Exquise).
- #8 (Guerlain Gemma) is a stunning shade, and the closest dupe I’ve encountered thus far is #10 (Korres #22)–Gemma is brighter and pinker, but Korres #22 has the cool golden sheen of Gemma that makes it so unique.
- #11 (Lancome Voile de Rose) made a big splash amongst readers, and though we have no exact dupe, #9 (Korres #13) and #15 (Shiseido PK 327) come close.
- #7 (Guerlain Gabrielle) seems like a slightly more coral version of #17 (Urban Decay Peroxide).
- #5 (Cle de Peau #106) is a brighter, more intense version of #16 (Urban Decay Naked).
- Benefit Candy Store Lipstick
- Bobbi Brown Rose Guarden Creamy Lip Color
- Chanel Exquise Lipstick
- Chanel Ming Rouge Allure Laque
- Cle de Peau #106 Extra Silky Lipstick
- Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Lipstick
- Guerlain Gabrielle Rouge G Lipstick
- Guerlain Gemma Rouge G Lipstick
- Korres #13 Natural Pink Lipstick
- Korres #22 Rose Guava Lipstick
- Lancome Voile de Rose Lipstick
- Maybelline Warm Me Up Lipstick
- NP Set Havana Lipstick
- Shiseido PK 224 Lipstick
- Shiseido PK 327 Sheer Lip Color
- Urban Decay Naked Lipstick
- Urban Decay Peroxide Lipstick