Temptalia Gives Away MAC Smile Dazzleglass!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Smile Dazzleglass from the limited edition MAC Double Dazzle Collection. Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us why you want to win. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
All entries must be submitted by April 17th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. That’s it! This contest is only open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!). Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Winner has been chosen! Thank you for participating!
If you were using MAC Lollipop Loving Lipstick?, what look would you create with it? What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips?
Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product! Feel free to share links to photos of your look(s) using it in the comments.
If you could revamp MAC Eyeshadow, what would you change? What would you keep the same? How would you make it an even better product?
Must-Have MAC Green Eyeshadows
About the Temptalia Must-Haves Series
A series of posts showcasing must-have products from MAC Cosmetics’ permanent line of products. Selections are based on quality, universality, uniqueness amongst the line, and the like. Limited edition shades are deliberately excluded to make buying easier. Readers’ comments act as a supplement to these lists of their favorites and must-haves. You can find the entire series here.
Swimming eyeshadow is a shimmery/glitter medium green. It’s a really great staple color to have, because its lightness in color makes it versatile. The only part they could improve on is by not making it a lustre finish!
Humid eyeshadow is an absolute must-have for anyone who wants to try their hand at a smokey green eye. Humid is a rich, pigmented deep green. It’s more of a forest green than an emerald green. The finish and texture are easy to work with, making this shadow extremely blendable.
Juxt eyeshadow is a light, pastel green. It’s not a cool green, but a slightly warmed up green. It’s kind of yellow-based, which is probably why it has noticeable warmth to its tone. It makes for an excellent all-over-the-lid color or even as a subtle highlighter when using other greens.
See three more must-haves, plus get pairing recommendations and limited edition recommendations! Continue reading →
How much time do you give a skin care product before deciding its working? A few weeks? Months?
Usually if I break out from a product, I give it up instantly. Otherwise, I’ll keep using it for 3-6 weeks, depending on how I’m feeling about it (or if I want to try something new).
Question courtesy of Samaya!
Eve Pearl is offering up some Gift With Purchase opportunities – she has a tiered promotion going on! You can check out my review on her lipglosses, but I’m also going to re-post my list of recommendations from earlier below, too
Use coupon code GWP0904 to get your gift with purchase! Just note that the promotion can’t be combined with any promotions, coupons, kits, etc.
- Salmon Concealer & Treatment ($35.00) — if you haven’t found your perfect concealer, try Eve’s. It’s using a different kind of color scheme (pink/peach) to hide your flaws compared to the more traditional concealers available.
- HD Dual Foundation ($54.00) — if you have ever had issues evening out your skin, get this! If you’ve found that foundations tend to accentuate any dryness or dry patches on your face, get this. I was suffering from acne breakouts/post-breakouts as well as a couple of dry patches (from using anti-acne treatments heavily), and this covered SO well without being heavy or noticeable.
- Priming Moisturizer ($28.00) — lightweight, emollient 2-in-1 moisturizer and primer product that *didn’t* break me out.
- Tri-Fold Eyebrow Razor ($8.00) — travel friendly and ultra compact, this is a great product to have on hand to quickly groom brows (or any pesky facial hair… hey, some of us have it, shh!).
- Baby Doll/Honey Bunny Lip Gloss Combo ($28.00) — double-ended gloss (and each section is removable for easy travel), but OMG, Honey Bunny is so pretty! It reminds me a lot of my famous Cle de Peau #2 Gloss. You know I gotta get any and all colors like it Her gloss is also mint-flavored, which I’ve never found in a gloss before.
- Blush Trio ($36.00) — three different shades, each compact features 2 matte colors and an illuminating bronzer.
- Eye Palette ($40.00) — four different palettes are available, each with six super smooth, pigmented colors.
- Smudgeproof Liquid Eyeliner ($26.00) — this is similar to MAC’s Penultimate Liner, but I like the brush tip/pen tip way better on this one (it’s easier to use, and it gives you more control).
- Kisses of Pearl Lip Gloss & Clutch Kit ($100.00) — hey, a deal? I can’t not bring it to your attention. All five of her lip glosses in a cute makeup clutch (which I have and love, very sleek!) for $20 a pop (instead of $28 each).
Get details on the Gifts With Purchase! Continue reading →