What color eyeshadow do you wear most often? Are you a neutral girl, or are you always wearing blues and greens? What do you find yourself reaching for?
Do you prefer liquid or pencil liner? And by pencil, I mean kohls, pencils, etc. Why?
NEW YOU WITH NEW BEAUTY, FINALE! Win everything pictured above!
TEMPTALIA has put together a stocked-to-the-brim makeup soft case with so many products, it’ll blow you away! We are so stoked to be able to announce this finally, as this prize is worth $500! That’s right–$500 smackaroos–and it’s all yours for the taking (and it weighs over 10 pounds)! We want to be able to give one deserving reader the chance of a lifetime: a do-it-yourself makeover. We’re going to supply all of the goods so you can truly embrace your “New You” for 2008 with this jam-packed case of “New Beauty.”
Winner will receive…
- Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads
- Clinique Long Pretty Mascara
- Clinique Pink Bamboo Lipstick
- DuWop Lip Venom Trio
- Eminence Herbal Eye Makeup Remover
- Garnier Nutritioniste Ultra-Lift Lotion
- Hamadi Hair Mask
- John Masters Organics Linden Blossom Face Creme Cleanser
- Lancome Color Ideal Fond de Tente Perfecteur
- Lola Laptop To Go in Joy
- MAC Curiositease Cool Lip Set
- MAC Holiday 2007 Silver Brush Clutch
- MAC Holiday 2007 Silver Mini Clutch
- MAC Royal Assets Tan Lip Palette
- Maybelline Intense XXL Mascara
- Maybelline Last Stylist
- Maybelline Pure Makeup
- Pacifica Spanish Amber Natural Soap
- Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Perfume
- Roxy Shower Gel
- Sephora Blockbuster Palette
- Too Faced New Romantic Palette (Unicorn)
- VO5 Extreme Style Ultimate Hold Power Gel
- Large Silver Metallic Makeup Soft-Case
Now, read the instructions on how to enter to win this huge prize from Temptalia, plus a few rules. Continue reading →
BENEFIT: Receive FREE Next Day Air Shipping (US) with $50 purchase. Enter promo code JINGLE07 at checkout. Valid only on US purchases. Expires December 20th, 2007.
LUSH: Free shipping on orders of $99 or more through December 24th. Free upgrade to priority shipping when you select express shipping by noon PST December 20th, 2007.
MAC: Receive free 2-day shipping with code 2DAY, or $5 overnight shipping. Expires December 20th, 2007.
SEPHORA: Free upgrade to UPS 2-day or Overnight shipping, no promotion code necessary. Expires December 20th, 2007.
Last Minute Shopping Tips
- Gift cards are easy, no-fuss ways to get that last minute gift on-time. I know some loathe to give gift cards, but it’s always fun to pick out what you want later on. Tons of retailers offer e-gift cards, too, so you can still do it online and not hit the holiday madness at the mall!
- If you’re going out, GO EARLY! Malls are open bright and early this week, and probably next as well. I know mine opened at 8am everyday this week, and it truly is a ghost town at 8-9am. Think about other shops, too, like specialty grocery stores, stationary shops, etc. Gifts are everywhere, you just have to think about what kind of items you’re looking for and be inventive.
- Homemade gifts can be done in the next few days, and you won’t have to worry about expedited shipping, biting your nails wondering if FedEx is going to get to your door step on time (ahem). Try making your own ornaments, or a set, to give to a friend or family member. Craft stores sell tons of clear ornaments that you can fill with various decorative items, or toss in a photo or two of you and the giftee. Even a semi-homemade gift isn’t bad–fill up a basket with the giftee’s favorite foods and drinks, or splurge and get a fancy bottle of champagne or wine for them.
- Bake something delicious. Go for the gusto with a superb pastry that takes an hour or two in the kitchen. Or do what my boyfriend’s mother does: bake about twenty different holiday treats! She makes so many different desserts and cookies during the holidays, and then she makes goody bags for everyone she knows!
- IOUs may be frowned upon, but it can be done in a way where it isn’t the worst gift to be received. Try making a booklet of IOUs for your sweetie or even your mom. Make them like coupons so they can be redeemed; be creative and think of things the giftee might want done. Here are a few ideas: “Good for one back massage,” “Will wash dishes for a week,” “Good for one dinner out on me,” and “$100 shopping spree on me.”
Share your last-minute shipping deals in the comments! I know I’ve missed a few!
What are your favorite bath products? Shower gels, soaps, bubble bath makers… tell us what makes your shower so fantastic!
I am in love with LUSH Jingle Jelly shower gel myself! I also alternate between that and Bliss’ Snow Gel and Philosophy’s Raspberry Sorbet.
Temptalia readers are composed of 97.6% females and only 2.4% males (hey guys!). The majority of our readers are aged 22-30 (44.5%), with 32% of readers aged 18-22; this means 76% of our readers fall into the category of 18-30 (one of the most prized female demographics). 13% of readers are age 30-40, while only 4% of readers are over 40. We have a few younger readers, roughly 7% of readers are under 18 (but only 0.2% are under 14).
Now, see the results for the best brands, products, and collections of the year, from your votes! (Be sure to add your own result commentary by leaving a comment!) Continue reading →