AVEDA @ Jason Wu
This is a sculpted, voluminous chignon with a textured, 6 inch wide, sheer black ribbon woven into the hair in a spontaneous and organic way. The finished look is feminine and elegant with an edge.
Get the Look
- Step 1: Apply Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Style-Prep Smoother throughout damp hair and blow dry straight.
- Step 2: Work Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Glossing Straightener through hair to achieve a straight, smooth, glossy finish.
- Step 3: Separate hair into front and back sections. Pull back section into a tight ponytail to the middle/back of the head and secure with a bungee elastic.
- Step 4: Tie a 7-foot long piece of 6-inch wide, black horse hair ribbon around the ponytail. Secure each end to the head on either side of the pony with bobby pins the color of hair.
- Step 5: Mist the entire head with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for added shine and workable hold.
- Step 6: Weave front section of hair back in smaller, 1-inch pieces, over the ribbon, securing against the head with bobby pins. Continue weaving hair and ribbon, creating loops with the ribbon around back of the head, until all hair has been worked through.
- Step 7: Weave ponytail in 1-inch sections in loops throughout the ribbon, securing against the head with bobby pins, until all hair and ribbon are used. Hair and ribbon are looped together spontaneously, creating a sculptural, voluminous updo. Fray the ends of the ribbon and leave exposed.
- Step 8: Spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for finish and hold.
See more photos and Q&A… Continue reading →
What look are you wearing today? What’s on your eyes? Cheeks? Lips?
Just foundation! Early classes, so I’m not too fussy first thing in the AM!
If you were using MAC Push the Edge Pigment?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
MAC @ Behnaz Serafpour
“The inspiration is old Hollywood black and white photos, tone on tone, shadows, no lines.” – Gordon Espinet
Get the Look
- EYE: Copperplate Eye Shadow – blended softly into socket and under lower lash line.
- FACE: Face and Body Foundation – applied in a sheer layer over the skin. Studio Finish Concealer – applied where needed. Taupe Blush – brushed onto cheekbones. Copperplate Eye Shadow – swept under cheekbones.
- LIP: Stone Lip Pencil – used to lightly line the lips. Soothing Beige Lip Conditioner- patted lightly onto lip.
See breakdowns for Diane von Furstenberg and Erin Fetherston… Continue reading →
Sample Sales Going on Today…
Juara and Bodyography are on sale–up to 50% off–at The Fairest!
When you join from our invite link, you will receive $5 (and I will receive $5, to be clear) when you make you first purchase. Also, it also helps us track how many people we’ve turned onto The Fairest and let’s us (and The Fairest!) know more about the Power of Temptalia.
P.S. – The Fairest is currently only shipping to U.S. residents right now. If and when anything changes, I’ll definitely pass the word along!
Frederic Fekkai @ Rachel Roy
Andre Rodman, lead stylist for Frédéric Fekkai created two looks at the Rachel Roy Spring 2010 show – both over top voluminous looks, one with a modern edge and one more classic, both big on glamour.
Get the Look
For the classic look, a center part with soft, bouncy waves starting beneath the chin, Rodman used Fekkai COIFF™ Strong Hold Volume Mousse, then sprayed hair with Fekkai COIFF™ Defense Pre Style Thermal UV Protectant and curled it around a one inch iron. He used Fekkai Au Naturel Sheer Styling Gel for the modern look; short hair with either a severe side part tucked behind the ears or brushed straight back.
See more photos… Continue reading →