Win COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast + LashBlast + ShineBlast!
Seven (7) lucky winners will win the COVERGIRL DIY Kit, which contains all six shades of Smoky ShadowBlast, as well as a LashBlast Mascara and ShineBlast Lipgloss. The DIY Kit includes: Onyx Smoke, Silver Sky, Purple Plume, Bronze Fire, Citrus Flair, and Tempest Blue. (Retail value ~$60!)
- Smoky ShadowBlast: The two different, specially contoured ends of our ShadowBlast stick make it easy to create a bold, colorful, smoky eye. A duo of expertly paired shades provide the bold, spotlight-ready looks loved by today’s hottest makeup artists. You can see it applied in this video.
- LashBlast: Get a blast of lush, volumized lashes! LashBlast’s patented volume-boosting formula and patent-pending brush are designed to max-out each and every lash, leaving you with the ultimate big lash look. Now in waterproof, too!
- ShineBlast: Light reflecting shimmer layered under a high-gloss finish gives you 4x more noticeable shine*. Plus, our breakthrough applicator, the ShineSculpt™, hugs the curves of your lips for a sculpted shimmer behind the shine.
RULES: All entries must be submitted by May 31st, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to U.S. Readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with the winner once the winner confirms.
One Way to Win
- Leave me a comment on this blog post and tell me what color smoky eye you love to wear!
Congratulations to: Martina, Lena, Seymone, Angela, Alyssa, Melissa, & Aarzu!
- Yes, absolutely! (57%, 2,087 Votes)
- Most of the time! (21%, 781 Votes)
- Nah, I usually skip it! (13%, 493 Votes)
- Just for special occasions... (8%, 287 Votes)
- Other - I'll tell you in the comments! (1%, 19 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,667
Feel free to elaborate on your answer in the comment section!
Ask Temptalia Post-Session #025 Wrap-Up
I thought it might be a nice way to finish off a session by pulling out some of the most commonly asked questions from the day and highlighting them here in one post. The sessions can get lengthy, so I can imagine it’s difficult for everyone to follow it!
What is the best blush for my skin tone?
- NW15-NW20: MAC Peaches, Breath o’ Plum, Well-Dressed; NARS Angelika, Dolce Vita, Sin
- NC15-NC20: MAC Blushbaby, Dollymix, Margin, Springsheen; NARS Deep Throat, Orgasm, Torrid
- NW25-NW40: MAC Cubic, Dollymix, Desert Rose, Peaches; NARS Angelika, Deep Throat, Sin
- NC25-NC40: MAC Ambering Rose, Margin, Springsheen, Sunbasque; NARS Deep Throat, Orgasm, Torrid
- NW40-NW55: MAC Breezy, Dollymix; NARS Desire, Outlaw, Mata Hari
- NC40-NC55: MAC Ambering Rose, Breezy, Raizin, Sunbasque; NARS Exhibit A, Taj Mahal, Dolce Vita
You can also check out a series I did called My Recommendation Guide, which is done by skin tone.
How can I combat oily skin?
There are four things I recommend…
- Make sure you’re moisturizing (this applies to those who don’t at all!)
- Mattifying primer (like Smashbox Anti-Shine)
- Always set your makeup (I like Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder)
- Pressed powder for mid-day touch-ups (I like MAC Blot Powder)
What is a good moisturizer with SPF?
Some recommendations from me, but there are so many available that I haven’t tried myself, too…
- Budget-friendly: Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 45, Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense Facial Moisturizer SPF 50, Olay Defense Daily UV Moisturizer SPF 30, Aveeno Daily Moisturizer SPF 15
- High-end: DDF Ultra Lite Moisturizing Dew SPF 15, Shiseido Sun Protection Lotion/Cream SPF 38, Clinique Superdefense SPF 25, Kate Somerville Protect SPF 30 Sunscreen, Lancome UV Expert 20, Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15
What are some good neutral MAC eyeshadows?
- Soft Brown, Espresso, Wedge, Mystery, Bronze, Woodwinked, Patina, Ricepaper, Shroom, Vanilla
What are some good bright MAC eyeshadows?
- Humid, Juxt, Aquadisiac, Electric Eel, Lucky Green, Winkle, Free to Be, Parfait Amour, Stars ‘n Rockets
What eyeshadow should I use for my brows?
- From light to dark: (all MAC) Omega, Wedge, Cork, Espresso, Brun.
What are must-have MAC brushes?
These would be some basic brushes worth looking into. Depending on how you do your makeup or what is more important to you, these may not all be necessary (e.g. if you don’t line your upper lash line very often, I wouldn’t get the 208 right away).
- Eyes: 239 (applying), 217 (blending), 224 (crease), 219 (defining), 208 (gel lining), 249 (creams/paint pots)
- Face: 109 (liquid foundation), 116 (blush), 134 (powder), 188 (creams)
Win MAC Lustre Drops from MAC To the Beach!
One (1) lucky winner will each receive a set of MAC Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel and Sun Rush from MAC’s upcoming To the Beach Collection! (Retail value $37.00!)
RULES: All entries must be submitted by May 27th, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with the winner once the winner confirms.
Two Ways to Win
You can do one, the other, or both to maximize your chances of winning…
1.) Leave a comment on this blog post telling me how you’d use Lustre Drops.