- Yes... but I don't care! (45%, 1,314 Votes)
- Nah! (32%, 937 Votes)
- Maybe... (23%, 676 Votes)
- Other - I'll tell you in the comments! (1%, 22 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,949
Feel free to elaborate on your answer in the comment section!
Welcome to Free For Haul Fridays!
A play on Oh No They Didn’t’s “Free For All Fridays,” every Friday is Free For Haul Fridays! Friday is a day for fun — whether you’re already off enjoying your weekend or if you just need a way to get through til the end of the work day, FFH is here for you!
Share your latest beauty hauls! Once you’ve done that… say anything you’d like. Tell us about the greatest thing that happened to you this week, why your pet is the cutest, what you’re doing this weekend… whatever!
First, I’ll share mine!
Haul: I caved on Kate Somerville, because @katesomerville tweeted about a 30% discount code… and I couldn’t resist. I picked up ExfoliKate (because my boyfriend steals mine!!!), Quench, and Thirst.
Excited for: massive, massive productivity!! I have a whole bunch of things I want to get done this weekend (mostly for the blog), and I’m excited to get started!
Now… have at it!
Five for Friday: Products I’m Trying to Resist
I love this time of season — it’s that time when spring beauty is wrapping up and we start seeing summer beauty sneak peeks, previews, and the like. (It still never ceases to amaze me that we’ve barely *officially* started spring and it’s all about summer collections!) I LOVE! summer makeup. I love the warmth, the shimmer, and glow of summer collections. These are a five products that have made their way onto my lust list–we’ll see if I cave on any of them (I’m thinking I have no hope of resistance on a few of them–bet you can guess which!).
- Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Pink Delicious Lipgloss Kit ($26.00) is surprisingly tempting. I’ve never personally bought or tested (other than in-store swatching) Bare Escentuals products before. I know, right? How is that even possible? I think it’s the colors included in the kit — that fuchsia and peachy-bronze shade… ahh, they get me every time.
- Tom Ford Amber Resolute Eau de Parfum ($180 for 1.7 oz.) is one of several scents from Tom Ford’s Prviate Blend collection. I’m desperate to try a Tom Ford scent, and I’m thinking Amber Absolute may just be the right one to start off with! It’s described as, “A hallmark private blend fragrance. Amber Absolute is a honey-colored scent infused with the purest form of amber, joined by a tenacious refrain of African incense, labdanum, rich woods and a touch of vanilla bean.” Any input?
- Philosophy Raspberries & Cream Duo ($25.00) is a new scent from Philosophy, so it’s not a surprise that I’m drawn to it, since I love Philosophy’s shower gels and have kind of a gotta try ’em all mentality over them… But I love, love, LOVE! raspberries! They’re my favorite fruit. Ever. I wish it was available in-store, because I’d grab it in a heartbeat.
- Guerlain Terracotta Teint d’Ailleurs Tinted Moisturizer ($46.00) has my name written ALL over it. I love Guerlain’s products in general (of course, not everything catches my eye!), and I am addicted to tinted moisturizers… I’m starting a Tinted Moisturizer Challenge for summer, so I think I’m going to buy this next time I’m at Nordstrom! I can’t wait.
- Burberry Brit Spring Gift Set ($90) caught my eye when I was browsing for new beauty products on Nordstrom’s website last night. It reminded me of how much I absolutely adore Burberry’s The Beat during the spring. Has anyone else tried this? (P.S. – Why am I so obsessed with Burberry lately?)
What five products are on YOUR lust list this week?
Crazy Busy Beautiful: Beauty Secrets for Getting Gorgeous Fast ($8.76) is the latest release from the ever-uplifting Carmindy. Funny enough, I’ve been watching a whole lot of What Not to Wear lately, so it was really fun to be able to interview Carmindy in celebration of her new book!
Crazy Busy Beautiful is a fun and easy read that includes beauty tips and tricks from–yep, you guessed it–Carmindy! The idea behind the book is that women are incredibly busy these days, and they don’t have the time to sort through all of the beauty information out there, so Carmindy’s put her favorite tips and pieces of advice in one place. I just got my copy, but I’m excited to start reading it this weekend–it’s going to be a nice break from legal eagle reading!
Temptalia: How can women feel beautiful every day?
Carmindy: By looking into the mirror in the morning and starting with a good positive mirror mantra. With the right positive attitude any makeup you put on the skin will look more beautiful!
T: If you only have ten minutes in the morning to do your makeup, what should you spend that time doing?
C: My 5 Minute Face technique is the right way to go and you can save the other 5 minutes for sipping tea and taking a moment to visualize the great day ahead. (see below for the order)
T: What order should you apply your makeup in? (e.g. concealer, foundation, primer, powder, blush)
C: This is the order:
- Blend on foundation all over face including eye lids with a non-latex sponge
- Dab on concealer under eyes
- Tap on cream highlighter under the brows, on the inside corners of the eyes and on top of the cheekbones
- Sweep a light dusting of powder all over face including eye lids (but avoiding top of the cheekbones and under the browbone)
- Apply eyeliner on the upper lash line only
- Sweep on mascara on the upper lash line only
- Apply powder blush to the apples of the cheeks
- Finish with a quick swipe of lip color.
T: What are your tricks and tips for finding the right foundation color?
C: Swipe 3 foundation shades that are as close to your skin tone as possible along the jawline and then go to a window in the daylight and look into a mirror. The color that disappears into your skin is the correct shade for you.
T: Where do you get inspiration for the beauty looks you create?
C: Traveling the world and looking at unique women every day.
Carmindy discusses more about real beauty and how she got her start as a makeup artist in this interview.