Chanel Passion Rouge Allure Lipstick
The Scarlet Season: Chanel Passion Rouge Allure Lipstick
Chanel Passion Rouge Allure Lipstick ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a richly pigmented, medium bright red that leans only slightly blue, but otherwise reads fairly neutral on my lips. It applies easily and evenly (though it should be worn with a lip liner to keep it inside the lines so-to-speak) and has a glossy sheen. I like how hydrating the Rouge Allure formula is, and I can appreciate the high level of pigmentation that accompanies it, too. It doesn’t compete against Chanel’s Dragon for me, but it’s a very nice, more color and no shimmer kind of red lip color that’s nice on other occasions.
What about you? Would you wear this red?
The Scarlet Season is a series of posts showcasing and featuring my favorite shades of red lips–from glosses to lipsticks that runs through December 2009. You can sure expect to see a lot of red this holiday season!
See more swatches and comparison photos… Continue reading →
What shampoo/conditioner are you currently using? Are you lovin’ or hatin’ the current pairing?
Pureology Shampoo/Conditioner, but they both smell like some potent baby powder, and I’m finding it hard to stick with them.
Five Reasons Beauty Junkies Should Join Twitter
- Hear the latest tips/tricks from brands
- Special Twitter-only giveaways/discounts
- Ask questions on the fly to your favorite brands
- Special sneak peeks of upcoming launches/products
- Behind-the-scenes insight/photos
My favorite part about Twitter is how easy it is to interact with all of you–I love hearing your thoughts and feedback and getting to know you through tweets. My second favorite part is the interaction between consumers and their favorite brands. Obviously, my poison of choice is beauty, but it’s really amazing at how many brands are using Twitter in a proactive, interactive way that’s really fun to be a part of.
If you’re not already a regular Twitter user, you may not realize just how many major beauty brands are actively tweeting away! I created a list of many of the major beauty brands, and it stands at 151 different brands. I’m actually loving Twitter’s new list creation ability, because now I can just check out what beauty brands are saying separately from friends and readers. You can also easily follow my list by either bookmarking the list and just reading it that way or clicking the “follow” link.
Here are some tweet-lights from beauty brands from today:
- @BloomCosmetics is giving customers 20% off during their Christmas party on November 25th from 6 to 8pm in their Chapel Street store
- @ChinaGlaze showed swatch previews of the new shades from their Up and Away Collection for Spring
- @Clarisonic is holding a Twitter giveaway for a MIA
- @SallyBeauty released code 555262 to save 15% on all online orders over $25
- @Sephora is holding their Sephora Clause giveaway/promotion
- @UrbanDecay411 released a sneak peek video about upcoming UD products for 2010
Check out some of my personal favorite brands and people to follow… Continue reading →
Urban Decay on Sale @ HauteLook!
We’re excited to tell you about Urban Decay coming to HauteLook today, Monday (November 23rd) which starts at 8AM PST.
Psst… and we’ve arranged free shipping for Temptalia readers for the Urban Decay sale! Use code FREESHIPTEMPT during checkout. Head on over to our co-branded shopping experience to shop the sale!
HauteLook and Temptalia have partnered together to create a co-branded shopping experience and to highlight certain sales that I really think are worthwhile for readers. We’re taking it slow and seeing how the experience works for both you and us, and we’re going to feature one sale this month and another in December.
This Week’s Topic: LOOSE POWDER!
Your Mission: Tell us what you love, hate, or are otherwise indifferent to about loose powder and all that it entails.
Temptalia Gives Away $135+ in MAC Cosmetics!
The theme of this prize package is dramatic, smoky eyes. The total value of the prize is $137.00.
Winner will receive:
- MAC Mascara X
- MAC Orpheus Kohl Power
- MAC Ebony Eye Kohl
- MAC Blacktrack fluidline
- MAC Rich, Dark, Delicious Lacquer
- MAC Meet the Fleet eyeshadow
- MAC Reflects Blackened Red
- MAC Mont Black eyeshadow
- MAC Smoke Signal pigment
RULES: All entries must be submitted by November 27th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Congratulations to Stephine, @twistedheartsx, for winning!
How to Win: Two Chances…
For a total of two chances! Please be sure to use a valid e-mail address.
1. Comment to win: leave a comment on this blog post telling me what your favorite black eyeshadow is.
2. Follow us on Twitter and re-tweet the following: RT @temptalia RT to win $135+ in MAC Cosmetics! Follow @temptalia! Rules: http://tinyurl.com/macsmokyset