The Beauty of Spring 2010: Preview Round-up
Over the weekend, we took a look at some of the spring previews for various brands. While full details are not yet available, there are plenty of images to drool over in the interim. As soon as I have more complete information, I’ll be sure to post! (Or if you are privy to it, you’re welcome to share–hint, hint!)
Holiday Glitz: Sonia Kashuk Showstoppers Eyeshadow Quad
Sonia Kashuk Showstoppers Eyeshadow Quad ($10.99) is the glitz-in-a-pan that’s so perfect and fitting for the holiday season I couldn’t resist saving this review until now. There are certain items that impress you at first swatch, and this was definitely one of those items for me.
It includes a glittery warmed-up frosty white, muted reddish-brown with golden bronze glitter, glitzy soft pale antique gold, and smoky charcoal gray-black with silver glitter. These applied and looked almost wet–I will say they looked much better in person than in photos. There’s just something about the shimmer that I couldn’t capture, despite taking dozens of photos! I will say that the only real drawback to these is they have a tendency to get all over your cheeks if you use a regular eyeshadow brush with them. I do recommend using a sponge-tip applicator or else use these applied wet to minimize the fall out.
The texture of the eyeshadows was surprisingly soft and almost creamy, despite the obvious glittery bits, and the pigmentation was decent overall. I found the gold shade was the least opaque, followed by the white shade, while the brown and gray shades were both opaque. The price is just right, and you can often catch Sonia Kashuk on sale at your local Target–though I’ve heard this isn’t as easy to find locally as it is online.
Bottom Line: This is just one of those really fun, totally glitzy and glittery pieces that you may not pull out and wear everyday, but it sure is glamorous to have all that bling sparkling on your eyes. It’s really, really stunning when you swatch–not quite as lovely on the lids (but still nice!), but ultimately not the most practical item I’ll own.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 25/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: For lots and lots of shimmering glitter on your eyes, Sonia Kashuk is an affordable way to get glitzy this holiday season.
See swatches… Continue reading →
shu uemura is on sale at HauteLook!
FYI, while I normally post most deals on the deal page only, but I know we have a good amount of shu fans here, and seriously, I’ve never seen shu on a sample sale site EVER.
Uh, AMAZING SALE. Seriously – a lot of times beauty sample sales only have a few items, but this shu sale has a TON of shu uemura products. Lots of lipsticks, pencil eyeliners, cleansing oils… even a mini eyelash curler (and yes, I do think shu makes the best eyelash curler).
My haul: two pencils (Khaki & Metallic Green), two Rouge Unlimited lipsticks (Gold & Purple), Diamante false eyelashes (because they’re so pretty and I couldn’t resist), and a pressed eyeshadow in Pearl Green (reminded me of MAC’s Lucky Green from the photo!). There were so many more things I wanted, but I had to resist for the sake of my bank account!
The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish!
Urban Decay Friends & Family Sale – 30% off Your Entire Order
Get 30% off your entire order at UrbanDecay.com from November 9th through November 20th, 2009. Use code FNFW1 at checkout.
Not sure what to buy? Peruse through our Urban Decay reviews! I can tell you my absolute favorite item by Urban Decay are their 24/7 liners, though
Temptalia Gives Away $120 in MAC Cosmetics!
We’re giving away $120 in some of our favorite MAC Cosmetics’ products!
We’re giving away…
- MAC Ochre Style Eyeshadow
- MAC Rich Flesh Eyeshadow
- MAC Golden Olive Pigment
- MAC Reflects Antique Gold
- MAC Asiatique Lacquer
- MAC Vericose Violet Lacquer
- MAC Quiet Please Lipstick
- MAC Thrills Lipstick
All entries must be submitted by November 11th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via direct message on Twitter. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Re-Tweet to Win
This is a Twitter Giveaway, so it is extremely easy to enter–just two simple steps! You’re welcome to re-tweet away, but there is only one entry per person.
1. Follow us on Twitter
2. Re-tweet the following: “RT @temptalia Win $120 worth of MAC Makeup! Follow @temptalia & RT to enter! Info: http://tinyurl.com/macautumn“
Congratulations to Dao, @MyMakeupBlog, for winning!
Beauty Bargains: This Week’s Coupons, Sales, & Promotions
- Bath & Body Works: Get 20% off your entire order with code TWENTYOFF. Valid through 11/12/09.
- Bath & Body Works: 5 for $35 Mix & Match on B&BW Classics! 11/11 through 11/15.
- Bath & Body Works: 3 for $10 Anti-Bacterial! Expires 11/11
- Beauty.com: $10 off $60 at Beauty.com (must click-through this link).
- Benefit Cosmetics: Free US Standard Shipping on any $50 purchase. Enter promo code PRETTY50 at checkout. Free International Shipping with any $115 purchase. Enter promo code WORLD115 at checkout.
- Bliss: Get a free snow wonder hand cream with a fitflop purchase at blissworld.com. Enter promo code 119906 at checkout. This offer is valid November 9th through November 15th.
- Bobbi Brown: Free Full Size Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Indigo Ink ($21 Value) with $65 Order with code HOLIDAY (expires 1/15/10).
- Bobbi Brown:Free Full Size Lip Gloss in Honey ($20 value) with their order of $65 or more when they use code HONEY (expires 1/15/10).
- Bobbi Brown:Free full size Metallic Shadow in Penny ($20 Value) with any purchase of $65 or more with code PENNY (expires 12/15/09).
- The Body Shop: Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off on select Bath & Body products from The Body Shop.
- Clarins: 20% off your entire order and free shipping with code FBFF1109. Valid through 11/11/09.
- Clinique: Exclusive beauty gift, get a unique Trina Turk cosmetics bag filled with beauty essentials. A $75 value, yours with any $25 Clinique purchase at NORDSTROM.
- Kenzo: 25% off your entire purchase with code 09FAMILY. Expires 11/9/09.
- L’Occitane: 25% off your entire purchase. Valid 11/12/09 through 11/15/09.
- Philosophy: Receive a free The Gingerbread Man Shower Gel (1 oz.), no code required. Valid through 11/12/09 or while supplies last.
- Prescriptives: Free Standard Shipping with any $35 Prescriptives.com purchase, use offer code FREESHIP3 at checkout. Expires 12/31/09
- Sephora: FREE Metallic Flower clutch filled with 8 samples at Sephora.com! Yours with any $50 purchase. Use code CLUTCH4U at checkout.
- Sephora: Get Philosophy’s Amazing Grace Buffing Wash Sample with any order. Enter code BUFFING at checkout.
- Sephora: Get a Bare Escentuals 10-day sample plus mini kabuki brush FREE with any order! Use code TRYBE at checkout.
- Sephora: Beauty Insiders Only. Get a free Bare Escentuals Buxom lip mini gloss. Choose your own shade. Enter code BUXOMKISS at checkout.
- Sephora: Free Skincare Sample Kit at Sephora! Enter code 123SKIN at checkout!
- Sephora: Get a Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition Mascara free with any order! Use code BEFLAWLESS at checkout.
- shu uemura: Up to 55% off at HauteLook starting at 8AM PST 11/9.
- Too Faced: 30% off your entire order with code LUCKYBREAKS.