Do you carry a makeup bag in your purse? If you do, what’s in it?
Nope, I don’t! I rarely re-touch my makeup, so I usually don’t carry anything. If I ever carry any makeup with me, it might be that day’s lipstick/gloss.
30 Must-Read Posts from the Archives
Whether you’re a long-time reader or this is your first time, navigating through our archives is near impossible to make easy. With 5,000 posts, there are definitely a few that stand out! Some of the must-read posts listed below are actually a series of posts or even a post that goes on to list numerous more posts (almost like a guide within a guide!). Ultimately, we feel these are all posts that have stood the test of time and really continue to be relevant, useful, or interesting articles.
- 16 Tips on How-to Apply Eyeshadow features sixteen of my favorite application tips and tricks to getting more out of your eyeshadow–from blending to brushes to color.
- Eye Diagram/Reference will teach you about the different parts of the eye and how to identify them — from the crease to the lower lash line to the inner lid! It’s particularly useful if you are a frequent Temptalia reader, as I reference each part of the eye based on this chart.
- Best Eye Makeup Brushes (Video) is an updated, video version of my must-have brushes are for doing my eye make-up. The video features six core brushes as well as two additional brushes I really like.
- 7 Must-Have Eye Brushes features seven of my must-have brushes to create gorgeous eye looks. My picks were all MAC brushes, but the idea is really more about the shape and type of brush–the brand is up to you! If you have problems with blending in particular, you may also want to check out our blending how-to.
- Best Face Brushes (Video) is a six minute video featuring Temptalia’s must-have brushes for applying blush, highlighters, and foundation.
- 8 Must-Have Face Brushes for Flawless Skin features detailed explanations and reasonings as to what brushes you need to create your look.
- How-to Clean Your Makeup Brushes (Video) explains how to best clean your brushes to keep them bacteria-, dirt-, and build-up free so those brushes you’ve invested in will last you years and years.
- How-to Apply Blush for Glowy Cheeks (Video) is a quick, two and a half minute video on applying blush, where to apply it, what kind of technique I’ve found to work best, and how to bring it altogether for beautiful, glowy cheeks.
- How-to Contour & Highlight (Video) is a short, five-minute video showing one method of contouring and highlighting your face for everyday wear.
- How-to Apply Liquid Foundation (Video) is a tutorial on how-to apply your liquid foundation using a brush (like the MAC 109) for a flawless look.
- How-to Apply Red Lips is a photo-based tutorial wih step-by-step photos to help you with your application of bold lip color, such as red, for a gorgeous, flawless looking pout that’ll have everyone on their knees!
- How-to Line Your Upper Lash Line will show you with step-by-step photos and detailed instructions on how to create the classic cat-eye look with black gel liner.
- How-to Fill In Your Brows (Video) is a quick, three minute video showing one method of filling in your brows using an angled brush and pressed powder to create fuller, more defined brows.
- 5 Minute Eyes (Video) shows you how to create an easy neutral look in just four minutes.
- Tutorial: Smoky Eyes will take you step-by-step with close-up, detailed photos on how to create an easy, timeless smoky eye. As an added bonus? A little help with creating cat-eye liner, too!
- Tutorial: Black Smoky Eyes is a classic Temptalia tutorial (in fact, one of our firsts!) all about creating a very dramatic, very dark smoky eye.
- MAC Makeup: Your Guide to Everything MAC Cosmetics is pretty much the most comprehensive listing of all of our must-read posts about MAC and all that MAC is. It includes a breakdown of posts that focus on brushes, must-have products, product photos, and swatches. To date, this Everything Guide features over 70 must-read posts about MAC Makeup!
- Your Guide to Upcoming MAC Collections is a comprehensive listing of the latest collection releases as well as upcoming launches that we know about. We update it every few weeks with links to new information or reviews, swatches, and the like for recently released launches as well.
- MAC Eye Brushes Guide includes detailed reviews as well as close-up product photos of most of MAC’s currently available eye brushes. Seasoned MAC artists also talked to Temptalia about their favorite brushes to use on the eyes, too!
- MAC Face Brushes Guide contains detailed reviews, including product photos, of just about every face brush currently available by MAC. Also, get expert advice from MAC artists as they tell you what their favorite brushes are and why.
- MAC Eyeshadows (Product Photos) is a photo montage of the majority of MAC’s permanent eyeshadows. Detailed, close-up photos were taken of as many permanent eyeshadows as possible. Psst, don’t forget to check out part two, as well.
- 30 Days of Make Up For Ever was a month long series in July 2009 that featured a myriad of product reviews, swatches, looks and even tutorials featuring the Make Up For Ever brand.
- My Recommendation Guide is all about helping you find the best eyeshadows, best lipglosses/lipsticks, and best blushes based on your skin tone. This series consists of three parts: fair skin, medium skin, and dark skin. Recommendations are given both by Temptalia as well as readers!
- The Best of… is a series of posts devoted to highlighting must-have products from different brands. The idea is to give you a snapshot of a brand’s best products if you haven’t yet tried that brand. You read our “Best of” for: Benefit, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Dior, and Guerlain — with more to come.
- The Scarlet Season focuses on a variety of different shades of red lipsticks and lipglosses from various brands for the holiday season. (Please note, this series is currently in progress, so it is not finished yet.)
- Temptalia’s Stash & Storage will keep you up-to-date on any posts, photos, or storage tips I have based on my own collection of beauty bits and bobs.
Get to Know Us
- About Temptalia & the Founder is a quick intro into how Temptalia was created, what it wants to be, and who’s behind it.
- How-to Contact Us with any feedback, questions, or suggestions.
- FAQ which may help answer any questions you’ve always wondered about the blog.
- Our Disclosures & Policies in regards to how we review, what we disclose, how we disclose, what some of that mumbo jumbo actually means, and the like.
Is there a post that you’ve always really enjoyed? A post you have bookmarked or one you continue to keep going back to? I’d love to hear what you might have found helpful or useful!
If you were using MAC Mystic Cool Eyeshadow Palette?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
MAC Russian Red Lipstick
The Scarlet Season: MAC Russian Red Lipstick
MAC Russian Red Lipstick ($14.00 for 0.10 oz.) is one of the brand’s classic reds–and by classic, I mean, it’s been around forever, worn by numerous celebrities, and embraced as as an iconic shade of true red. It’s a vibrant red with a slight blue-base, but on me, it doesn’t run too cool and almost ends up neutral (not too blue, not too orange) on my lips. It has a matte finish, but it does have a slight sheen when applied. It’s creamy, applies opaque with ease, and it stays put for hours (partially due to the fact that it is a matte). Even though the finish is matte, it’s creamy enough not to be drying (which is a huge plus, as some of MAC’s mattes can be). This is really one of those shades that I feel must be tried at some point in your lifetime, whether you’re a fan of red lips or not!
The Scarlet Season is a series of posts showcasing and featuring my favorite shades of red lips–from glosses to lipsticks that runs through December 2009. You can sure expect to see a lot of red this holiday season!
See more swatches and comparison photos… Continue reading →
Nordstrom is having their buy 2, get 1 free sale on mascara (not all brands are participating). According to the e-mail I received, participating brands are Lancome, Dior, MAC, Chanel, Trish McEvoy, and YSL. The deal is only good today — both online and in-store.
What’s your favorite beauty retailer/store? Share!
I think it’s Nordstrom for me. I get points, and I love their customer service. Sephora is great, but I get SO overwhelmed!