One of my most frequently asked questions in makeup is: what color eyeshadow will suit my ______ colored eyes?
Generally speaking, both artists and makeup artists are knowledgeable about the color wheel, which displays several colors in a circle. Complimentary colors are opposite of each other; for example, red’s complimentary color is green.
Typically, the following is advised:
- Green eyes: Purples, pinks, and reds
- Blue eyes: Oranges, coppers, golds
- Hazel eyes: Warm tones, bronzes, greens
- Brown eyes: Browns, bronzes, greens
- Gray eyes: Grays, cool tones, brown
Do you agree? Do you find that the colors that make your eyes “pop” are complimentary? I have hazel eyes, and in that respect, both greens and bronzy colors do work well; depending on the hue, it will either bring out the green or the brown/gold flecks in my eyes.
- Sephora Brand BCA Pocket Brush Set ($15.00) Cute, purse-sized brush set with an adorable pink case. $1 from the sale of each brush set goes towards The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- Tweezerman BCA Slant Tweezer ($20.00) A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the tweezers will benefit Breast Cancer Awareness and Research.
- ghd IV styler hot pink Pink Styler ($255.00) ghd will donate $15 from each sale of this hot pink iron to the Young Survival Coalition through October.
- Too Faced Eyeshadow Duo – Betsy Baby Betsy Baby ($17.00) Too Faced has committed to donating $3 per sale of this limited-edition shadow to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). In return, Betsy has personally committed to the same donation, as has Sephora and $9 per sale of Betsy Baby will be directed to BCRF!
Please consider participating in Temptalia’s Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraiser!
If you could revamp Urban Decay Primer Potion, what would you change? What would you keep the same? How would you make it an even better product?
Do you consider yourself picky when it comes to makeup? Are you very particular about what you buy or what you like? What you fall in love with?
Worst Eyeshadow? What eyeshadow wins this category? Brand? Specific color/shade?
For September, the challenge was all about dark lips! See several lovely takes on the dark lip! Continue reading →