What was your last beauty/makeup faux pas? Did your foundation mis-match? Bold eyes and bold lips? (Hey, no one said you had to care that you made a “faux pas”!)
Probably foundation that wasn’t quite matching, as I spent quite a bit of timing trying out a bunch of different shades in various lighting to determine the best one!
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Mercenary Nail Lacquer!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Mercenary Nail Lacquer from the limited edition MAC Style Warrior Collection. Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us why you want to win. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
All entries must be submitted by May 27th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. That’s it! This contest is only open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!). Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Congratulations to our Winner! They have been notified via e-mail, and we have already received their confirmation. Thanks so much to all that entered!
If you were using MAC Bright Future Eyeshadow, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
Last chance to submit your Warrior Woman look!
We want to see YOU transform into a “Warrior Woman!” Challenge yourself by recreating or creating your own straight-from-scratch look that fits the theme “Warrior Women.” Submit your entry (or entries!) by May 24th to be included in this makeup challenge. Please submit all entries to [email protected]!
- You do NOT have to use MAC products. You can use any and all makeup, brands, products, etc. that you wish to achieve your look.
- Minimum of one photo required (either close-up or full-face); maximum of five photos will be used (but feel free to send more over if you want us to pick and choose)
- Photos must be a minimum of 500px wide and should reflect color accuracy and little to no blurriness
- Include a text description of the products used to achieve the look
- Find a simple background, like a solid color wall
- Take more photos rather than less — you can always delete the ones that didn’t work
- Macro mode for close-up photography is key
- Try layering a tissue over your flash if photos are overexposed
- Stand near a window for softer, more flattering light
- Use a tripod to keep photos sharp if your camera has shutterlag
I’m really eager to see your entries! So start getting fierce and send those babies in Check out these face charts for inspiration or pick one to recreate! Continue reading →
How do you remove your makeup? What’s your routine? What product(s) do you use?
Lately, I’ve been alternating between shu’s cleansing oil and MAC’s!
Tell us why/what you love, hate, or are indifferent about… TINTED MOISTURIZER!