AVEDA @ Yigal Azrouel
The hair for Yigal Azrouël is a sleek take on an edgy, punk-rock look. The top is textured with tousled volume, and the sides are smooth, and slicked back, with a straight-yet-messy knot at the nape of the neck.
Get the Look
- Step 1: Dampen hair with water and brush through.
- Step 2: Divide hair into four sections: the bottom hangs loose, side sections along the parietal ridge (from ear to ear) are each pulled back with clips, and the top/front of hair is clipped into a loose bun.
- Step 3: Spritz the bottom section of hair with water, keeping ends dry. Massage a generous amount of Aveda Light Elements™ Texturizing Creme into wet half of hair to add texture, light hold, and minimize flyaways. Layer Aveda Brilliant™ Humectant Pomade over the Light Elements™ Texturizing Creme for shine and moisture. Comb hair through, leaving ends dry, and tie into a clean, tight ponytail with a bungee elastic.
- Step 4: Divide the ponytail into small sections and straighten each piece using a flat-iron, from elastic to ends. Once each piece is straightened, run the flat-iron through the entire ponytail to create a perfectly straight, sleek edge.
- Step 5: Repeat the above steps with side sections of hair. Layer Aveda Light Elements™ Texturing Creme and Aveda Brilliant™ Humectant Pomade on the top half of hair, leaving ends dry. Slick sides back tightly, criss-crossing the right section of hair over the existing ponytail and wrapping it under the elastic string. Wrap the left section of hair over the elastic, so that the string is no longer visible.
- Step 6: Secure a clear elastic band over the entire section to form a larger ponytail. Iron new pieces for a straight, sleek pony.
- Step 7: Remove top section of hair from clip. Spritz with water, leaving ends dry, and rake hair back with Aveda Light Elements™ Texturizing Creme and Aveda Brilliant™ Humectant Pomade. Hair is damp, rough and textured.
- Step 8: Pull all hair back, including top section, into one ponytail. Secure together with a clear elastic through. Straighten new pieces of ponytail with a flat-iron so that the entire pony is stick-straight.
- Step 9: Wrap a final clear elastic around the ponytail and pull hair halfway through into a loose chignon. Leave pieces of hair astray to add rough texture, creating a punk-rock, edgy look.
- Step 10: Finish by smoothing flyways above the elastic with Aveda Light Elements™ Texturizing Creme and misting slicked back sides with water.
See more pictures AND video… Continue reading →
Sebastian Professional @ Diego Binetti
Diego Binetti’s Spring ‘10 Collection is for the romantic. Her steadfast elegance, poise and confidence are a constant for all who know her, but she’s not without a coy rebellious side. Much like Peter Lindberg’s strikingly beautiful black and white photos of the ‘90s, Binetti’s women compel admiration and awe.
Get the Look
To develop the imperfectly perfect Grecian-inspired updo, Sebastian Professional lead stylist Thomas Dunkin adds a touch of disarray to structured braids for a modern twist. The asymmetrical pattern and haphazard positioning of the braids represents unique individualism and carefree youth. Here’s how to take this runway look to real life:
- Apply Sebastian Professional Thickefy Foam to damp hair; blend evenly throughout
- Blow hair out straight with a medium to large-sized round brush, spray hair with flexible hairspray for added texture; section hair, and set with large velcro rollers
- Take out pins, apply Microweb Fiber to hair, focusing most of the distribution towards the top of the head for lift and malleable texture. Clip top half of hair aside.
- French braid bottom half of hair starting behind left ear. Pull down top half of hair and pin pieces into french braid updo for playful positioning. Finish look with Shine Define for shiny finish and lasting hold.
See more photos… Continue reading →
NARS @ Derek Lam
Derek Lam’s inspiration drew from a nostalgic fantasy evoked by places such as Coney Island, Asbury Park, and Key West. It was a parade of carnival essence and cinematic quality with an American twist meant to bring forth a new perspective on silhouette.
An optimistic fairytale of color. Tom Pecheux created vibrant eyes and bright, cherry-red lips complemented by a doll-like flush of pink and orange. “I wanted to dot the lips red with my fingers rather than draw a straight line of color. Instead, I chose to do that with the eyes- I love when the multiple colors are drawn straight across and outward for a very tribal effect. I used the new Easy Lover lip gloss on just the outline of the lips to have the girls appear doll-like. It was Coney Island chic,” said Tom Pecheux.
Get the Look
- Face: Blend NARS Sheer Glow Foundation with a foundation brush into skin. Set with NARS Loose Powder. Buff skin with NARS Kabuki Artisan Boton Brush for a porcelain doll effect
- Eyes: Using the emerald side of NARS Misfit Duo Eyeshadow and NARS Eye Shader brush, drag the shadow along the lower lash line straight across until just past the outer corner. Dust the violet side of NARS Jolie Poupee Duo Eyeshadow on the eyelids; use the darker side in the crease and fade into the temple joining the emerald green from Misfit. Highlight the inner corners of the eyes with NARS Bains Douche Glitter Pencil (NEW for Spring 2010),making the connection between the purple and green. After curling lashes with NARS Eyelash Curler, apply three coats of NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara on the top and bottom lashes. Dust the burnt orange side of NARS Mediteranee Duo Eyeshadow along the brow bone
- Lips: Fill in the lips lightly with NARS Red Square Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, dotting the lips with your fingers to blend it in. Outline the lips with NARS Easy Lover Lip Gloss (NEW for Spring 2010) to create a plush-looking, glassy pout.
- Cheeks: Apply NARS Nico Blush to give a subtle hint of highlighting. Dust Desire Blush in round, circular movements onto the apples of the cheeks. Finish with NARS Taj Mahal Blush, blending it in with the pink cheeks and up towards the temples.
See more pictures… Continue reading →
NARS @ 3.1 Phillip Lim
Phillip Lim’s first men’s presentation revolved around a combination of intellect and rebellion – reminiscent of 1950’s beatniks. After war, groups of American poets, artists and writers (think: Jack Kerouac and Allen Gingsberg) came together in prominence with the cultural phenomena that was the essence of their writings. They stood for anti-consumerism, they fought the economic downturn and they demanded liberation… all, ironically, in style.”I wanted the boys to look natural, come as you are, with a sensitive look, but still a bit masculine” explained designer Phillip Lim.
Boyishly handsome. Itsuki focused on defining a man’s most striking features, the jaw, eyes and cheek bones, while leaving the skin with a natural glow. “I wanted to make the eyes a bit stronger… sexy, but delicately masculine,” said Itsuki.
Get the Look
- Face: Cover imperfections and dark circles with NARS Concealer. Blend NARS Sheer Glow Foundation with fingers into skin. Lightly pat a small amount of Orgasm Illuminator (NEW for Spring 2010) on the cheekbones and forehead. Dust the jaw line with NARS Single Eyeshadow in Blondie, Bengali, or Bali (depending on skin tone) to accentuate a strong jaw
- Eyes: Lightly dust eyebrows in upward strokes with NARS Bali Single Eyeshadow. Use NARS Single Eyeshadow in Blondie, Bali, or Bengali (depending on skin tone) to lightly contour from the inner corner toward the outer corner
of the eye and along the bottom of the brow bone to create a deep-set effect. Subtly rim the lower lash line with the same NARS Single Eyeshadow
See more pictures… Continue reading →
Beauty Bargains: This Week’s Coupons, Sales, & Promotions
- Bath & Body Works: Buy 3 Signature Collection Body Care Items, Get 3 Free! Ends 9/15
- Bath & Body Works: Get 3 Anti-Bacterial Hand Soaps for $10! Ends 9/24
- Beauty.com: Buy any two select tarte products and get a free full size Indelible Wink liquid liner & shadow set ($22 value) at Beauty.com. While supplies last.
- Bobbi Brown: Limited-Edition Face Blender Brush with a $100 Order. ($40 value) OFFER CODE= BLEND5. Valid 9.1.09 -9.8.09. One time use.
- Benefit: Get full-finish lipstick in do tell, a luscious pink blossom shade, with any $35 order. Enter DOTELL09 at checkout. Offer valid 9.8.09 to 9.15.09. Add product to shopping bag before checkout. Free U.S. shipping with code PRETTY50 on $50+ purchases. Free international shipping with code WORLD115 on $115+ purchases.
- Bliss: Get 30% off the Fatgirlthree set at blissworld.com. Enter promo code 099909 at checkout. This offer is valid through 09.13.09.
- Bobbi Brown: Free Full Size Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Indigo Ink with $65 Order. ($21 Value) OFFER Code: BEST5 required. One time use. Valid 8.25-10.15
- Bobbi Brown: Free Full Size Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow in Copper Penny with $65 Order. Code: Eyes66 required. One time use.
- Clinique: Receive a FREE trial-size Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Air Kiss plus FREE Shipping with any $35 clinique.com purchase. Just enter offer code LGLOSS at check out. Valid through 9.30.09.
- Drugstore.com: Buy any L’Oreal cosmetic item and get 50% off the second at drugstore.com. Offer ends 09.25.2009.
- Juara: Receive 10% OFF your JUARA Skincare order. Enter SPECIAL10 at checkout.
- Korres: Get 30% off your order with code TEMPTALIA. Expires 9/15
- Prescriptives: Free Standard Shipping with any $35 Prescriptives.com purchase, use offer code FREESHIP3 at checkout.
- Sephora: FREE Bare Escentuals BUXOM Lash Sample with any online order! Use code BUXOM at checkout!
- Sephora: Buy the Michael Kors 1.7 or 3.4 oz EDP Spray and get a FREE Michael Kors Weekender Bag. Use code WEEKENDER at checkout.
- Sephora: Get Dylan’s Candy Bon Bon Shower Gel and Body Butter for only $25 (a $38 value). Enter code DCANDY at checkout.
- Sephora: Try this best seller! Get a deluxe sample of Caudalie’s Vinoperfect Radiance Serum with any order. Enter code VINOPERFECT at checkout.
- Sephora: LIMITED TIME! Buy a Fusion Beauty LipFusion Color Shine gloss and get a 2nd gloss for 50% off ($19 value)! Enter code FUSION.
- Sephora: Get Bliss’ Youth As We Know It Concentrate and Eye Cream for $89 ($145 value!). Enter code BLISSYOUTH at checkout.
- Sephora: Buy any combination of 3 Make Up For Ever eyeshadow, diamond eyeshadow, or powder blush shades and get a refillable palette for free. Enter code MUFE at checkout.
- Sephora: Get a free 0.5 oz. REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask with any $25 order. Enter code RENPEEL at checkout.
- Sephora: Free Korres Lab sample of Korres Oak cream with any purchase. Enter code KORRESOAK at checkout.
- Sephora: Get a free Enzyme Face Peal with any online purchase. Enter code AMORE at checkout.
- Sephora: Free Cosmedicine Matte & Bronze Bronzing Powder lab sample with any $25 purchase. Enter code COSMEDLAB at checkout.
- Skindinavia: Free 4oz. Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray sample with every online purchase ($29 value), while supplies last.
Did we miss a fantastic offer or sale? Share it with us in the comments!
Sample Sales Going on Today…
LORAC is on sale at HauteLook! (Starts 8AM PST)
The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish!