Make Up For Ever #311 Eyeshadow
Here’s kind of a mish-mash of shades — plummy/browns.
- #311 is a shimmery burgundy shade. It runs a little on the reddish wine side, and the shimmer is noticeable without being too much. It’s a diamond shadow, so it has a frostier finish than other iridescent shadows by Make Up For Ever.
- #141 is a sheer, slightly shimmery pale mauve-pink. It doesn’t have the best color pay off, but it can be layered to get a little more pop out of it.
- #162 is a matte, brownish-burgundy shade. It can be layered for increased intensity, though it has decent color pay off. I like it for the crease, personally!
- #84 is a shimmery, smoky green with gray tone. It has golden shimmer laced throughout. It reminded me of a lighter MAC Greensmoke eyeshadow, actually.
- #47 is a matte, grayed-down green. It’s kind of like a drab green in a way, but it’s a nice way to add depth to the crease without adding a lot of darkness.
Which of these are your favorites?
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Tell us why/what you love, hate, or are indifferent about… BRIGHT LIPSTICK!
Do you like your eyeshadows in individual pots or palettes? Why?
I like palettes that I can switch around (so custom ones, I guess!), because I find myself not using stuff that’s individually packaged.
Catch-up on your Make Up For Ever…
- HD Foundation
- Blues: #83, 147, 60, 81, 308
- Blues: #159, 167, 72, 118, 150
- Purples: #79, 160, 142, 92, 89
- Purples: #26, 52, 151, 39, 131
Plus, check out the round-up for week one if you missed it!
HauteLook is having a Stila sale!
The sale is going on now at HauteLook! SO exciting! They have a ton of the Barbie Loves Stila products at 50% off! I ended up picking up all of the 24KT glosses, the Barbie eyeshadow quad, and the Barbie shoe eyeshadow trio. $107 shipped (including tax!) — not bad at all. Saved like $90!
I want to hear about any hauls you make, too!
(The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish! )
Nordstrom.com is now up and open with this year’s Anniversary Sale!
Every year, I always get excited about the sale, just because I tend not to purchase much besides shoes and beauty products from Nordstrom… but the sale always allows me a little more room to maneuver and consider other purchases, too. Time to get tempted! Happy shopping — share your hauls in the comments!
I ended up getting two pairs of BCBGirls pumps and a pair of blue suede flats!