The Best of the Best: Dior
Dior excels at creating (even when you thought you had it covered) staples that you’ll use time and time again. Many of my favorite products to use on a daily basis are dior. Dior can be colorful and bright, but they’re more often subtle and natural–not boring, mind you.
- Dior Diorskin Shimmer Stars ($43.00) are quite possibly my favorite product by Dior, period. These are subtle highlighters that work well on all skin tones and give that “glowy” appearance without overloading the skin with shimmer. They’re natural and bring out the skin’s own glow. Really, really phenomenal. You can just see how many looks I’ve done with Amber Diamond and Rose Diamond alone.
- Dior Addict 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray ($72.00) was one of my first fragrances, and it is still one of my more coveted scents. It is a heady scent that works extremely well for evening and formal occasions.
- Dior Diorskin Nude ($45.00) is a water-based, lightweight light-to-medium coverage foundation that gives skin a flawless and healthy look. You can read my full review for even more reasons why it rocks my world.
- Dior ‘One Color Extreme’ Eyeshadow ($27.50) are highly pigmented single doses of eyeshadow. Dior is actually coming out with several new shades this fall/winter, so look for them! For now, you can check out the two that came out with the fall collection.
- Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect ($25.50) are non-sticky, hydrating lipglosses with a beautiful glossy finish. They come in a variety of shades, and they’re one of Dior’s signature products.
- Dior 2-Colour Eyeshadow ($35.00) are richly pigmented eyeshadow duos. They’re not quite at the level of the Extreme eyeshadows, but they’re coordinated shades that are worth the investment if it’s in your budget.
- Dior Bronze Harmony Blush ($42.00) is on the level of Skin Shimmers. Soft, subtle color that looks natural and truly enhances the skin in a way that’s beautiful. Check out my review for Rose Brazilia and Coral Riviera.
What are your favorite Dior products?
How do you apply your foundation? What’s your technique?
I always use the 109 spritzed with water — that’s really my go-to for foundation application!
Today, THE FAIREST has a Jurlique sale going on! I know that Jurlique can be a pricey brand for some, but you can grab a slew of Jurlique products at 50-60% off (making products range from $10-30 for the most part).
When you join from our invite link, you will receive $5 (and I will receive $5, to be clear) when you make you first purchase. Also, it also helps us track how many people we’ve turned onto The Fairest and let’s us (and The Fairest!) know more about the Power of Temptalia.
Share your favorite Jurlique products in the comments!
P.S. – The Fairest is currently only shipping to U.S. residents right now. If and when anything changes, I’ll definitely pass the word along!
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
- What’s the best part about makeup?
- What’s the worst part about makeup?
- What first got you into makeup?
What was your favorite summer makeup collection? What was your least?
I’d have to say Dior’s Cristal Collection, even though that didn’t totally sweep me off my feet! I think my least favorite would be Colour Craft. Mineralize is so not for me!
The Fairest Private Sample Sale Launches!
THE FAIREST has officially launched, and I’m so excited to tell you about it. The Fairest is devoted to beauty sample sales. You can save up to 75% off your favorite beauty brands, and they already have some awesome, big-time brands signed up. Today’s sales include Stila and COOLA. Sales in the next few weeks include Jurlique, MOR, Butter London, Tarte, and Cosmedicine.
Second, I am a blog contributor, where you can learn more about the brands/products featured in the latest sales at The Fairest. Third, when you join from our invite link, you will receive $5 (and I will receive $5, to be clear) when you make you first purchase. When you join through our referral, it also helps us track how many people we’ve turned onto The Fairest and let’s us (and The Fairest!) know more about the Power of Temptalia.
I hope you’re as excited as I am that someone finally invested and created a beauty sample sale site — c’mon, how often do you see major brands at 50% off? EXACTLY!
International Readers: Unfortunately, at this time, The Fairest does not offer international shipping. Both myself and Nadine (of The Fairest) are happy to hear your thoughts, and please know that Nadine is definitely passing along your feedback to the company.
Would love to hear your input! (And, as always, share any hauls you make!) Continue reading →