Anastasia Sweets Glow Kit
At some point, you may have noticed we added a Favorites section to the site (it’s in the navigation above), which I try to update monthly with my current favorites. The Favorites section also highlights my all-time favorites across various categories, which I also updated recently (removed some discontinued formulas, added some new, enduring favorites). These are products that I’ve recently tested and/or used more recently and really enjoyed (so they can be products from the past, too), maybe have worn a few times when I have a spare moment, or am otherwise enamored with.
I thought it might encourage me to update my favorites more timely if I also shared them on the main blog. Let me know if you liked seeing this! 🙂
Thoughts on some of my favorites…
- Marc Jacobs Flesh & Fantasy Air Blush | I was incredibly impressed by the Air Blush as a formula, and this is definitely one of my favorite shades–long-time readers will probably recognize that I like rosy, plummy, and brownish blushes as go-tos.
- Anastasia Sweets / Moonchild Glow Kits | While Moonchild may not have been A+ in quality, I really dug the colors and how it inspired creativity in finding combinations that worked in a more “everyday” sense. It paired well with the Sweets palette, which had gorgeous shades (loved Taffy).
- Tom Ford Velvet Orchid Lip Color | The color itself is the type I find myself wearing and reaching for, as it is rich enough to be noticeable but works with a variety of other looks, including bolder eyes, but I loved the more complex pearl to this one.
- Too Faced Honey Bear La Creme | It’s like a darker, more fun version of my natural lip color with shimmer, and it’s a shade I leave in my photo room so I can wear it when I need something relatively universal for days with more blush swatches. (I often will wear the first lip color I want to photograph/swatch, but sometimes the grouping might be all reds or the like!) I will eventually write an official review for this one…
- Tarte Metallics Shadow | Why this is a limited edition formula is absolutely mind-boggling! It’s richly pigmented, soft, smooth, blendable, and so easy to use. The only downside is that the shades are more dupable, but the formula is incredible. I really enjoyed applying these.