Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation ($40.00 for 1.01 oz.) is easily one of the more famous products produced by the brand. It is designed to create a “soft focus” effect when used while providing medium-to-full coverage for a flawless look. It is touted as an oil-free liquid foundation that works to make you look your best in even the harshest lighting.
Funny enough, I’ve had this foundation for a few months now, and I didn’t like enough to actually use it more than a handful of times after I initially purchased it as a local Sephora. To me, it didn’t do anything that my MAC Studio Fix Fluid wasn’t already doing. (Studio Fix Fluid is a good deal cheaper — $26.00 for 1.0 oz.!) In the spirit of 30 Days of Make Up For Ever, though, I figured I should give it another shot! For reference, the shade I was matched with and own is #140, which is described as “soft beige, for medium skin with dark yellow undertones.” In MAC, I am typically NC30. There are twenty-five shades available, so there is a good range of skin tones covered.
Read on for the review! Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Style Demon Mineralize Blush!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Style Demon Mineralize Blush, from the limited edition MAC Colour Craft Collection. Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us what your favorite type of post is on Temptalia.
All entries must be submitted by July 16th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!). Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Congratulations Dani G.! Thank you for participating!
How many products do you use for your skincare regimen? Do you switch it up for AM/PM?
In the morning, it is four. In the evening, it is five!
Make Up For Ever #83 Eyeshadow
Time for some blues, methinks!
- #83 is a aqua-blue base with greenish-gold sheen and soft blue shimmer. I thought this color was incredibly pretty, and it is probably one of my favorites from all of the eyeshadows I purchased!
- #147 is a dark, grayish-brown blue shade with low shimmer–kind of more of a satiny feel. It’s too similar to #81 to merit owning both, in my opinion. I’d say stick with #147 over #81, as well, just because the pigmentation and smoothness is better in #147.
- #60 is a ultra deep matte navy blue with just a hint of green in its tone (it just seems to run a little green-blue rather than deep dark blue). Smooth and soft, richly pigmented.
- #81 is a shimmery, dark grayish-blue base with brighter blue sheen and shimmer. I found this one wasn’t as pigmented as I’d like it to be. It was a little lighter, sheerer.
- #308 is a shimmery, dark blue with brighter blue sheen. It reminded me of MAC Deep Truth eyeshadow with less frostiness.
Which of these are your favorites?
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Got a question? ASK IT!
Go ahead! Ask your questions–now’s the time to get product recommendations, comparisons, or just to find out how old my dog is. You can ask whatever your heart desires–beauty or otherwise–and I’ll do my best to answer!
I’ll be keeping an eye out on this post so I can answer questions quickly! Feel free to chime in with your answer to someone else’s question, too! The more the merrier! And yes, you can ALWAYS ask a question, on this post or another post, regardless of the timing. There is no such thing as an old post!
Do you consider yourself brand-loyal? Are you a one-brand kind of beauty buyer? Do you like to try all brands? Do you just stick a few?
I used to be brand loyal, but now I find it near impossible! So many great brands and new products to try.