What were your favorite looks from the VMAs? Who rocked it? Who missed the mark?
I liked Stephanie Pratt’s look a lot, and Jennifer Lopez’s look worked for the most part (the bottom lashes were a lil’ much). Leighton Meester missed the mark for me.
MAC @ Adam
“She’s a tan, aristocratic girl hanging out in New York at the end of summer after vacationing all over Italy and France. Beautifully polished, effortless and comfortable.” — Romy Soleimani
Get the Look
- Eye: Modelette eyeshadow softly swept over lids with a 217 brush for a velvety-sheer texture. Light Beige Gold crushed metal pigment applied using a 219 brush to accent the inner corners of the eyes. Fling and Lingering brow pencils to lightly define and fill in brows. Brow Set Gel brushed upwards to hold brows in place. No mascara.
- Face: Face and Body Foundation in C5 applied to skin to prep the skin. Matte Bronze bronzing powder and golden bronzer mixed together and applied all over the face. Refined Golden Bronzer dusted onto cheeks for a tawny, sun-kissed look.
- Lip: Fresh Brew lipstick mixed together and lightly patted on lips. Matte Mixing Medium patted on top to create a matte yet sheer and plush look.
See breakdowns for Diane Kendal and Band of Outsiders… Continue reading →
MAC @ Jason Wu
“Monochromatic chic with a little edge and rawness. A Tim Burton girl – big, simple, sparkling eyes and amazing bold lips that look as though they were stamped on.” — Lucia Peroni
Get the Look
- Eye: Kid and Cork eyeshadows applied with 217 brush to softly contour upper and lower lids. Crushed Metal Pigment lightly tapped with fingers to lid and to inner corners of eye to add slight sparkle effect. Teddy eye kohl smudged into roots of upper lash line and applied to lower water line. Black Dazzle dazzlelash mascara swept lightly onto top and bottom lashes.
- Face: Face and Body foundation brushed onto skin to sheer out skin for a super light, dewy finish. Mineralize Skinfinish Natural to set.
- Lip: Lip 1: Brick lip pencil to lie the lips; Russian Red lipstick brushed onto lip to create bright bold red lip. Lip 2: PRO Sin and Media lipsticks brushed onto lips as base; Burgundy lip mix layered over base to create a deep blackberry-currant lip. Lip 3: Currant lip pencil with mix of PRO Smoked Purple and Cyber Satin.
See breakdowns for Preen & Costello Tagliapietra… Continue reading →
Swatch Challenge: Urban Decay
I would love to round-up as many Urban Decay swatches as we can all muster! Together, I am sure we can get a pretty comprehensive swatch gallery going — so I invite you to share yours! You can link to your swatches, or you can e-mail them to me and I’ll put them up. All credit will go to the swatcher as well So let’s go!
Insert your image by linking to your image: http://whereveryourimageis.com
Or e-mail your image to: [email protected]
Check out the swatches submitted so far! Continue reading →
Sunday Link Love #001
Check out some of my favorite posts from my fellow beauty addicts…
What do you think are the trends for this fall? Tell us!
Flawless skin (as per usual), dark near-black lips with a twist, green, violet/purple.