Bobbi Brown @ Yigal Azrouel
Inspired by a collection rich in texture, the makeup for the Fall 2010 Yigal Azrouel collection is about the texture of the skin. Chic, yet effortless, skin is bronzed with emphasis on cheeks, and eyes are softly defined in beige and brown tones. Nude lips complete a fairly monotone, natural look, with the exception of a strong, linear, defined brow.
- Skin: Hydrating Face Cream ($50), Hydrating Eye Cream ($45), Foundation Stick ($40), Creamy Concealer ($22), Corrector ($22)
- Eyes: Suede Long-Wear Cream Shadow ($22) all over lid, Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Sepia Ink ($21) applied lightly and smudged on upper and lower lashline
- Cheeks: Bronzing Powder ($40)
- Lips: Hot Cocoa and Salmon Lip Color ($22 each)
- Brows: Clean and brushed up with a touch of Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Sepia Ink ($21)
Do you like multi-tasking products? What are your favorites? Do you prefer uni-taskers?
I do! I tend to use things for very specific purposes, but I really like when something can do double (or triple!) duty.
Thanks to Vlcatko for this question!
If you were using MAC Lala Eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
What do you wish you could have told your makeup loving self five years ago? What beauty mistakes would you rectify? What HG quests would never have to start?
I’d tell myself to wear some freakin’ sunscreen every day of the week! I’d also tell myself that makeup is far too addicting…
Thanks to Kim for this question!
MAC @ L.A.M.B.
Charlotte Tilbury describes the look at L.A.M.B. as, “The feeling was 1930s prostitute–trampy, smoky eye, deep “rougeoir” lips and beautiful pale skin.”
- Eyes: Eye Kohl in Smolder and Fluidline in Blacktrack – blended and smudged around and into the eyelid for a feline-shaped eye. Lip Treatment – dabbed on eyelid over eye kohl for a wet look effect
- Face: Face and Body Foundation – Applied all over face to give pale, doll-like skin.
- Lip: Lipmix in Crimson (PRO only) and Burgundy – Blended together and applied to the lip. Lip Pencil in Burgundy – app lied around the lip to give an over-drawn shape to the mouth.
MAC @ Vena Cava
On inspiration, Lloyd Simmonds says, “The designer wanted the girls to look like they spent a day skiing and horseback riding–fresh, flushed but tanned.”
- Eyes: M·A·C Pro Powder Blush in Taupe – Softly brushed along the crease of the eyelid. Style Predator Eye Shadow – Brushed over the whole eyelid. M·A·C Pro Shine Wax – App lied over the eye shadow on the eyelid. M·A·C Pro Lash in Black – Applied only to the upper eyelashes
- Face: Select Cover-Up Concealer – App lied to the skin as foundation. M·A·C Pro Cream Colour Base in Bronze and Mid-tone Sepia – Brushed across forehead and cheekbones for a slightly windblown effect. M·A·C Pro Shine Wax – Applied over the Cream Colour Base across the bridge of the nose to give a dewy finish.
- Lips: Lipmix in Red – Applied to the natural shape of the lip, to give a sophisticated, matte mouth