What are your favorite cool-toned pinks? It can be such a fun color to wear, because a lot of the blue-based pinks have a brightness to them, which I think is perfect during late winter/early spring when it can be gloomy and gray outside.
- NARS Gaiety — cool-toned, cotton candy pink with a matte finish
- OCC Mannequin — a pale, cool-toned pink with a matte finish
- Hourglass Ethereal Glow — a soft, cool-toned pale pink
- MAC Pink Nouveau — a cool-toned, blue-based light-medium pink with a satiny finish
- Milani Delizioso Pink (10) — a cool-toned, light-medium pink with a matte finish
Soft, flushed cheeks with a hint of luminous sheen — that just says spring to me! Here are five of my current favorites for the spring season…
- Clinique Plum Pop (04) — cool-toned, plummy pink with a satin finish
- Chanel Revelation (63) — light-medium, warm-toned pink with a satin finish
- theBalm Down Boy — a soft, cool-toned pink with a satin finish
- Burberry Blossom — a softly shimmered coral-orange
- Hourglass Radiant Magenta — a light-medium, warm pink with a satin finish
What are your favorite blushes to wear during spring?
Don’t be afraid of rocking blue eyeshadow! There are so many variations on blue, whether they lean green or purple, bright or muted, light or dark that can be worn. Here are five of my picks for spring:
- Sugarpill Mochi — a cool-toned, aqua blue with a matte finish
- Urban Decay Peace — brightened, vibrant medium blue
- Inglot #415 — a gold-shimmered, medium blue with a frost finish
- Illamasqua Sadist — a deep, dark, purple-blue with a matte finish
- L’Oreal Timeless Blue Spark — a medium, muted blue with a metallic finish
What colors do you pair with blue eyeshadow?
Some say a good red lip color is hard to find, but I feel like I fall in love with a new red lip color at least once a month! In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, here are ten of my favorite (permanently available!) red lipsticks and lipglosses… What’s your favorite?
With Valentine’s Day just a couple of weeks away, it seemed only appropriate to make a list of pretty in pink shades. Whether you like pink on your lips, tips, cheeks, or eyes, I hope that you’ll find at least one shade to drool over.
- Clinique Plum Pop (04) — a cool-toned, plummy pink with a satin finish
- L’Oreal Always pearly Pink (756) — a light-medium, frosted pink with warm, yellow undertones
- Givenchy Rose Taffetas (201) — a light-medium, warm-toned pink with a luminous shine
- Illamasqua Harem — a cool-toned, pastel pink with hints of lavender
- Urban Decay Anarchy — a vibrant, cool-toned, fuchsia pink
- NARS Desire — a cool-toned, vibrant magenta pink with a mostly matte finish
- Revlon Adorned — an intense, bright fuchsia-red with shimmer
- Make Up For Ever #75 — a rich, hot pink with a matte finish
- Maybelline Pink Pop — blue-based, cotton candy pink with a soft, frosted finish
- Tarte Dollface — a cool-toned, light-medium pink with a satin finish
After I’ve reviewed a lot of palettes, one of the questions I get asked every so often is to provide recommendations for more of a do-it-yourself option. This post are some of my top picks for a cool-toned, neutral-themed “palette,” so-to-speak, though to balance, there should be a few more your-skin-but-better kind of shades (will depend on your skin tone) for highlighting, all-over, and transitioning. I chose shades that are permanently available individually that were under $20 each. I also skewed towards medium/dark shades, as the right shade of lighter/light-medium or all-over lid color will depend on skin tone. For some additional shades of browns (which I don’t have full reviews for/good photos, so they’re hard to include visually), also consider MAC Concrete, Mystery, and Copperplate.
- MAC Typographic — a soft, blendable dark gray with a matte finish
- Urban Decay Mushroom — a shimmery, cool-toned taupe
- Make Up For Ever #79 — a deep, purpled plum
- Inglot #326 — a deepened, cool-toned brown with reddish tones and a matte finish
- Maybelline Tough as Taupe — a creamy, cool-toned taupe with a mauve tint–I know, you can’t stick it into a palette, but it’s such a great budget-friendly cool-toned shade
- Inglot #434 — a shimmering, purplish taupe
- Makeup Geek Galaxy — a cool-toned, shimmery gray
- Inglot #350 — a cool-toned, light-medium beige with a matte finish
- Inglot #324 — a light gray with a matte finish
- Urban Decay Blackout — deep, dark matte black
What cool-toned neutral eyeshadows would you recommend?