Pure, snow white–in a variety of finishes, plus a highlighter that looks almost white in the pan but is a little warmer and golden than that. I wanted to include a white polish, but there weren’t many permanent ones to choose from (that I’ve covered and were good) — what white polishes have you found to work best? You can check out comparison swatches of my picks, too
- Inglot #453 — bright, metallic white (and not too cool-toned)
- Sugarpill Tako — matte white
- Maybelline Too Cool — creamy, cool-toned white
- NARS Albatross — a dusting of shimmer and sheen
- NARS Santa Monica Blvd. — bright white for your lash line
What’s your favorite white-hued beauty product?
I tried to pull a good variety in blues, from cobalt, purplish blues to sky blues to your bold, bright blues–and not just eyeshadows! I had to pick an eyeliner, because it’s a great way to add a bold pop of color without going full-on blue. If you want to see my picks together, the comparisons.
- Sephora My Boyfriend’s Jeans — a pop of cobalt blue for the lash line
- OCC Pond — Tardis blue for your nails
- Le Metier de Beaute Lapis — a beautiful, medium-dark blue with shimmer
- Color Club Over the Moon — a shimmering, holographic blue
- Inglot #426 — a brightened, medium blue
What’s your favorite blue-hued beauty product?
Will you be wearing your red, white, and/or blue on July 4th? I’m most likely going to sport a red lip, at the very least! Here are five of my picks for a little red-themed inspiration, and it was quite hard to narrow it down, because there are so many awesome red lipsticks and polishes in particular. So think of this as just a moment in time – surely if I picked a week from now, it would be different
- Fyrinnae Hitched — a bold, warm red with a beautiful satiny sheen
- Zoya Blaze — a deeper, cool-toned red with sparkle
- Maybelline Very Cherry — rich, cherry red with a matte finish for under $10
- Make Up For Ever #99 — pure matte red for those who dare to go big
- Guerlain Garconne — classic, sumptuous deepened red
And for fun, I pulled ‘em all up to compare here.
What’s your favorite red-hued product?
Not so into lipstick? Or maybe you’re looking for a gloss for your Valentine’s Day lipstick? These are my five picks for this upcoming Valentine’s Day…
- Milani Flashy — darkened fuchsia pink
- MAC Driven by Love — rich red with ruby red shimmer
- Clarins Grenadine — coral-pink with gold shimmer
- Bobbi Brown Naked Plum — pink and gold shimmered plum
- NARS Bougainville — berry
What lipglosses remind you of Valentine’s Day?
Here’s a little mix of my picks for Valentine’s Day-themed lipsticks that range from light pink to vibrant red! I’d love to hear your picks!
- MAC Lickable — bright pink
- Giorgio Armani #503 — rich red
- NARS Dragon Girl — blue-based matte red
- OCC Femme — light-medium pink
- Revlon Lollipop — glossy fuchsia pink
What lipsticks remind you of Valentine’s Day?
Last weekend, we looked at five picks for nails, so continuing on with the spring-theme, here are five eyeshadows that say spring is in the air!
What eyeshadow reminds you most of spring?