September is the beginning of all things autumn for me. The temperatures have already started to cool down by me, though it’s still warm overall, the nights are cooling down. I’ve always been partial to September, as I am a September baby Usually, the real start of fall begins with my first sip of Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte, but they already brought it back (and it was delicious!). By this point, I’ve typically reviewed several fall color collections, which is perfect timing so I can include some of those favorites while they can still be purchased. This month’s Tempting 10 features more recently released shades from the fall collections, but I still wanted to highlight a few favorites that you can find all year-long.
- Dior Millenium — a shimmering warm-toned, pewter in a cream formula that can be used as a sheer wash or built up for more intensity.
- Sugarpill Cold Chemistry Palette — it is such a perfect mix of deep, smoky shades for fall with excellent color payoff across the board.
- Color Club Beyond – a deep, warm, smoky gray-black with holographic shimmer–like ash from a crackling fireplace with dancing, fiery bits of shimmer.
- Urban Decay Vice — a rich, plummy purple polish with a soft, shimmering pearl.
- Milani Purr-fect Purple – a vibrant, rich purple eyeshadow with shimmer–perfect for accenting the eye!
- Tom Ford Love Lust – it’s a warmer, more muted coral, so it’s a lovely transition shade from summer to fall
- Guerlain Madame Batifole — creamy, hydrating, incredibly pigmented, and long-wearing makes this a rich, fuchsia-shimmered berry-red a true joy to wear.
- Tom Ford She-Wolf — it’s pricey, but not only is it a palette I could easily see myself reaching for time and time again, it was a palette that readers gravitated towards. It was easily one of the most viewed products from all fall color collections!
- Benefit Rockateur — a rose gold blush is subtle, wears well, and reminds me of the colors of autumn; rusty in a way, but still warm and inviting.
- Too Faced Pretty Rebel Palette — ten glorious shades of bold, bright, eye-catching shadows with buttery, soft, and smooth textures and excellent color payoff.
I hope you’ll consider sharing your must-haves for September in the comments! Here’s a quickie list to get you started…
Must-Have Eye Products:
Must-Have Cheek/Face Products:
Must-Have Lip Products:
Must-Have Hair/Skin Products:
Reader Vinita requested top five picks of burgundy and red-toned purple eyeshadows–just in time for fall! It can be a difficult color for some to wear, because of the red tones, but try pairing it with warmer golds and coppers, or using it with a bright silver. It can be even used mixed with black in the crease to create a very dramatic smoky eye. You can also look for burgundies that lean brown to minimize the red tones found in them.
- MAC Deep Damson — a deep, dark burgundy-brown with a matte finish
- Le Metier de Beaute Fig — a purpled burgundy with a frosted finish
- Inglot #452 — shimmering burgundy with strong red undertones
- Make Up For Ever #311 — shimmery, deep brown-burgundy
- MAC Cranberry — medium-dark burgundy with a frost finish
What’s your favorite burgundy eyeshadow? How do you wear it?
Rebecca suggested a theme of polishes perfect for autumn, and here are my five picks! I wanted to vary the shades so there would (hopefully!) be something for everyone to consider. There were a lot of amazing limited edition shades that caught my eye, but I wanted to stick with shades permanently available.
- Butter London Thames — deep, shimmering teal
- Illamasqua Raindrops — cool, bluish gray with flecks of sparkle/glitter
- Zoya Evvie — muted, stormy green-gray
- Chanel Provocation — muted plum-purple cream
- Guerlain Nahema — orange cream
What’s your favorite nail color to wear during autumn?
Reader Janisse made a request to see top picks for crease colors, and I couldn’t narrow it down to five across all colors, so I thought I’d start off with five browns!
- Urban Decay Secret Service — matte, medium-dark brown with a slight gray tint
- MAC Omega — light-medium brown with gray
- MAC Charcoal Brown is a dark brown with slight red tones
- Inglot #363 — dark brown with red tones
- Inglot #337 — medium brown with warm undertones
What’s your favorite brown eyeshadow to use in the crease?
Reader Maha requested my top five picks for bronze eyeshadows, and here we go! This was a tough one–there are SO many fantastic bronze eyeshadows on the market. You can see a few more shades that didn’t quite make the cut here.
- Maybelline Downtown Brown — golden bronze
- MAC Bronze — red-toned bronze brown
- Giorgio Armani #6 — deep, golden bronze
- Inglot #409 — medium-dark bronze
- bareminerals Cognac — metallic bronze
What’s your favorite bronze eyeshadow?
From blushes to lipsticks, I have my personal five favorites for fall lip color! This idea is courtesy of readers Maribel, Sara, Shahnaz, Camille, and Rebecca, who all wanted to see some great shades for autumn. As always, I look forward to hearing about your top five!
- NARS Train Bleu — matte, purple berry
- Burberry Bright Plum — bright, bold berry-pink
- MAC Endless Drama — deep red
- Buxom Runaway — rusty plum
- Urban Decay Venom — shimmering berry
What are your top five fall lip colors?