Here’s a (hopefully!) handy dandy overview of some of my must-have brushes for eyes You can read the original full, more detailed post about them here.
I love purple eyeshadow! It’s such a great shade to use on the outer lid or crease when paired with golds, pinks, corals, and aquas. These are five of my current top picks for anyone on the hunt for a fun purple eyeshadow to try! (You can see them all here in the Swatch Gallery.) What are your favorites? What would you recommend to other readers?
- Sugarpill Hysteric — a sparkling, medium purple with warm undertones
- Urban Decay Flash — a light-medium, cool-toned purple
- Inglot #439 — a medium-dark, rich purple with a frosted finish
- Make Up For Ever #92 — a deep, vibrant purple with a matte finish
- Makeup Geek Duchess — a muted, cool-toned purple with a satin finish
With St. Patrick’s Day on the 17th, there was no way I could miss an opportunity to feature a few of my favorite green eyeshadows! Last week, I featured some bright greens, so this time around, I went for darker, smokier greens. What are your favorite green eyeshadows?
Go bold or go home with these ten picks for bold, bright lips–perfect for spring or summer–and all for less than $10! You can view these ten in the Swatch Gallery if desired. What are your top picks for a budget-friendly bright lipstick?
- Revlon Flirtatious — a shimmery, cool-toned red
- L’Oreal Pink Flamingo — a bright pop of cool-toned pink
- Revlon Vivacious –a vibrant fuchsia pink
- Revlon Fuchsia Shock — a shiny, fuchsia
- Revlon Wild Watermelon –a juicy coral-red
- Revlon Lollipop — a glossy, muted fuchsia pink
- Milani Violet Volt — a metallic, fuchsia-purple
- Milani Sweet Nectar — a pop of neon orange
- Maybellnie Shocking Coral — a bold, coral-red
- Maybelline Fuchsia Flash — an electric, cool-toned pink
Reader Sylirael asked if I had done a post on aqua eyeshadows, and the last time I did one was back in ’11, so I thought three years later might be a good time to update my top five!
- Giorgio Armani #10 — a metallic, aqua-blue
- Sugarpill Mochi — a muted, aqua blue with a satin finish
- Inglot #345 — a minty, aqua green with a matte finish
- Make Up For Ever #93 — a bold, bright aqua-green
- Urban Decay Shattered — a gold-shimmered, muted aqua blue
What are your favorite aqua-hued eyeshadows?
I love green eyeshadow! Whether it’s a soft, pastel green or a deep, emerald green or a murky, earthy, olive green. Here are some of my favorites for brighter pops of green for spring.
- Make Up For Ever #91 — a bright, medium green with yellow undertones
- Illamasqua Pivot — a pop of chartreuse with a matte finish
- Sugarpill Tipsy — a shimmery, frosted green
- MAC Lucky Green — a bright, shimmering yellow-toned green
- Illamasqua Fledgling –a vibrant, grass green with a matte finish