The one color that always tugs at my heart-strings is molten gold–that really rich, warm, almost orange-toned, shade of gold. It’s deep, rich, and pure luxury to me. I have so many favorites, but here are five permanent picks from me! (But Urban Decay Honey Eyeliner will always be a shade I miss desperately.)
- Inglot #430 — a rich, yellow gold with a frosted, metallic sheen–this eyeshadow has an incredible texture
- OCC Triptych — a vibrant, metallic gold for your lips (but if full intensity isn’t your thing, try it patted over a burgundy or red!)
- NARS Iskandar — a phenomenally pigmented cream eyeliner/eyeshadow with a gorgoeus finish
- Fyrinnae Aztec Gold — an intensely pigmented, dirty gold–I thought I’d throw one in that wasn’t quite as warm-toned that still held a lot of depth
- Sephora Girls Night Out — a rich, warm-toned gold with an orange-brown undertone and a frosted finish
Do you have any shades of molten gold?
Autumn makes me think of the changing colors of the leaves, rain, and a lingering dampness and crispness in the air–which always makes me think of earthiness. One of my favorite earth tones is greens, and this post is inspired by them; murky, mossy, and dirty greens that are beautiful to wear.
- Inglot #419 — a subtly warm-toned, dirty green with a frosted finish
- OCC Ripley — a gorgeous, gold-sparkled mossy green with threads of metallic shimmer for your nails
- Urban Decay Stash — a classic olive-green eyeliner that’s richly pigmented and glides on easily
- Make Up For Ever #84 — a muted, darkened green with neutral-cool undertones
- L’Oreal Golden Emerald — a richly pigmented, slightly warm-toned gold-shimmered forest green
What are your top favorites?
I love weathered blues; which I interpret as blues that are dusty, muted, gray-tinged, stormy, and such. There’s just a faded quality to them, but there’s still depth and interest in the color. My very favorite of all-time is Urban Decay Strip, which was discontinued quite awhile ago.
- Urban Decay Shattered — a shimmering, muted blue with green and gold shimmer
- L’Oreal Infinite Sky — a gorgeous, glimmering stormy blue with a hint of gray
- Zoya Skylar — a muted, gray-tinged blue with gold sparkle
- Inglot #336 — slightly brightened and richer, but still a rather muted, navy blue with a matte finish
- Zoya Sunshine — a sparkling, muted navy blue polish
What’s your favorite shade of a weathered blue?
Whether you’re looking for a warm, coppery shade for your eyes, lips, or cheeks, this post has you covered! These are five of my favorite permanents.
- Dior Meteore — a shimmering, sparkling (slightly muted) copper cream eyeshadow
- Illamasqua Supernatural — a glisten of coppery warmth to highlight and bronze the skin
- OCC Authentic — a metallic, coppery-orange lipstick
- Maybelline Breaking Bronze — a warm, golden copper eyeshadow
- NARS Isolde — a duo of copper–lighter and darker–with frosted finishes
What your favorite shade of copper to wear during autumn?
I love a good purple, but a good purple isn’t always easy to be found–especially in eyeliner or eyeshadow form, as they are often less pigmented, but these are all shades that are full of pigment!
- Illamasqua Jo’mina — a brightened, lavender purple with a cream finish for tips and toes
- Fyrinnae Parental Advisory — a rich, vibrant cool-toned purple with a frosted finish for eyes
- Milani Perfect Purple — a shimmery purple eyeliner that won’t let you down
- Make Up For Ever #92 — a bold purple with a matte finish — famous for a reason
- Zoya Suri — a metallic-shimmered violet purple for tips and toes
What’s the brightest/most vibrant purple you own?
One color I definitely associate with autumn is plum, so building on some of the recent lists, I thought I’d do one featuring some pretty plums today!
- theBalm Cabana Boy — a soft, muted plum with a luminous golden sheen for cheeks
- Zoya Mason — a warm, shimmery plum with a metallic finish for nails
- MAC Craving — a beautiful pinky-plum with a satiny finish for lips
- Chanel Merveille — a semi-opaque neutral plum with lots of shimmer for lips
- Bobbi Brown Naked Plum — a semi-sheer plum with cool undertones and pink and gold sparkle for lips
What are your top three favorite plum beauty products?