5 Holiday Nail Polishes
Not sure what to do for your nails this season? These are five of my favorites across the color range for festive nails! And if you’re looking for glittery polishes specifically, check out part one and part two of my favorites
- Cult Nails Iconic — berry red with red glitter flakes
- China Glaze Blue Year’s Eve — intense blue with shimmer
- Chanel Graphite — shimmering, metallic pewter gold
- OCC Cruising — yellow gold glitter
- China Glaze Tinsel Town — black base with silver shimmer and glitter
What’s your favorite polish for the holidays?
5 Holiday Highlighters
- Benefit Watt’s Up — creamy, glowy highlighter
- Guerlain Parure de Nuit — soft, subtle highlighter (still available at Neiman Marcus + Dillard’s)
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer — shimmering gold
- Benefit Sugarbomb — soft, glowy warmth
- NARS Miss Liberty — wet-looking sparkle
What’s your favorite highlighter for the holidays?
5 Holiday Lipglosses
If you’re more a gloss fiend, here are five holiday picks from me! If you tend to combine your lipsticks and glosses, I’m also a big fan of going for extra sparkling glosses layered on top of berries/reds.
- Hourglass Siren — fiery metallic red
- MAC Explicit — shimmering bronze taupe
- MAC Lasting Achievement — deep berry
- NARS Bougainville — vibrant berry
- Illamasqua Succubus — opaque true red
What’s your favorite holiday lipgloss?
5 Holiday Lipsticks
These are five of my favorite (trust me, I could have probably done a dozen or more!) picks for your holiday lipstick this season!
- MAC Rebel — true berry
- Dior Nocturne — played-down red with copper shimmer
- NYX Chic Red — bright red
- Guerlain Gigolo — deep red with a glossy finish
- MAC Ruby Woo — retro matte red
What are your favorite holiday lipsticks to wear?
5 Holiday Makeup Looks
Reader Jenelle asked for some suggestions for holiday makeup, what with all of the holiday parties in full swing! I’m a huge fan of shimmery red/berry lips for the holidays, so I tend to go more neutral on the eyes. I still have a soft spot for smoky golds, bronzes, coppers, berries, and greens, though Here are my five picks…
- Easy neutral eyes + red lip
- Bronzes + greens
- Intense, smoky purples
- Golds + berries
- Matte neutral eye + shimmery lips
Do you have your holiday look planned already? Share!
5 Beautiful Taupe Eyeshadows
Ahh, taupe! The mysterious shades of taupe, because it’s one of those shades that is more of a mix of shades we can easily recognize. I feel taupe is one of those “you know it when you see it” shades, but the best way for me to describe it is: gray-tinted brown. I associate taupe with mushrooms; the color of mushrooms in their many varieties is a tangible way for me to envision it. Sometimes you can have a shade that’s more brown than gray but still more taupe than either brown or gray; other times, it’s almost gray with a hint of brown.
Is it me or are many taupes limited edition? The five picks below are all permanent shades, just to make it easy, but there are many other fantastic shades that have come and gone over the years.
What are your favorite taupe eyeshadows?