Happy Valentine’s Day!
Are you going with a special look for Valentine’s day this year? I tend to opt for Chanel Dragon as my go-to special occasion look, including Valentine’s Day. I’m still undecided about this year, but here are five looks I’ve created that were inspired the holiday!
Would love for you to share your look in the comments!
5 Great Beauty Products for the Price of Good
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencils Anniversary Set ($92.00 but a $264 value) contains a whopping fifteen full-sized eyeliners–including six never-before-seen shades along with nine celebrated favorites. Though it’s a bit of an investment, for those who adore the 24/7 formula, it’s such a steal.
- Korres High Drama Antioxidant Color Collection ($39.50 but a $117 value) is practically a look-in-a-box kind of package–and I’ve always been impressed by Korres’ textures. Korres, in general, often puts together excellent value sets, from skincare to makeup to lip butters.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette ($48.00 but a $230 value) includes twelve full-sized neutral eyeshadows that are beautiful on a variety of skin tones, work seamlessly together, and have excellent texture and pigmentation. If you can track yours down, it is worth the effort–assuming you dig yourself some neutrals, of course.
- Philosophy The Joy of Great Skin ($85.00 but a $156 value) will bring you some of Philosophy’s most popular products in a value set that will kick-off any new year, new skin resolutions you haven’t started.
- Clarisonic Mia ($149) is, for all intents and purposes, the same device as the original Clarisonic (which goes for $195). I think the Mia gives people a chance to purchase at a slightly more palatable price tag, but it really doesn’t feel or seem any different than the full-sized version! (I know the “big” difference is that the Mia only has one speed.)
The all-new 2011 Jetta comes nicely equipped at a surprising new price. Which means, German engineering, more rear legroom, enough trunk space for just about anything and, above all, more looks from everybody on the road. It’s great. For the price of good.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Volkswagen via Glam Media for writing this post, not for the products mentioned in this post. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Volkswagen.
OHMYGOODNESS, IT’S THE HOLIDAYS ALREADY? Emergency Gift Giving Guide
You just peeked at the calendar, and it finally dawns on you that the season of giving is right around the corner… Sephora is doing free two-day shipping upgrades on any order at Sephora with code UPS2DAY — expires 12/21 at 11:50pm PST. Here are my picks for gifts to give!
Five Under $25
- Sephora Sparkle Spray Compact Mirror ($15) is cute while still being practical–and it won’t break the budget.
- Benefit To Go Beauty Bestsellers ($10) makes a great gift if you have a lot of people and not a lot of budget to work with or if you need something to stuff in a stocking!
- Urban Decay Show Pony Shadow Box ($20) has six high quality shades for the color-lovin’ friend on your list.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Duo ($22.50) is a luxury lip duo that keeps lips hydrated and looking their loveliest even during the winter!
- Too Faced Glamour To Go Fairy Edition ($19.50) is a multi-tasking palette with all sorts of shades and textures to try.
Five Under $50
- Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo ($38) are some of my favorite eyeshadows available by any brand. Might I suggest Prism or Lagoon?
- NARS Blush ($26) is one of the beauty world’s favorite blushes, which makes it a gift that very few would turn their nose up at!
- Urban Decay 24/7 Jackpot ($39) offers one of my favorite eyeliner formulas in a multi-colored variety pack, great for starting out.
- NARS Follow The Boys Lip Gloss Set ($40) will give lips a lil’ love with this quattro of glosses.
- Laura Mercier Eye Book ($174 Value) Eye Book ($45) is a sleek little palette for a smokier eye.
Five Over $50
- Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol III ($54) is one of the best palettes available on the market and the price is just right. As far as gifts to give, one of my top picks for sure!
- Guerlain Ecrin 6 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette ($84) is a palette for that luxury lover on your list–utterly decadent and just may be something for that person who seemingly has everything.
- Dior Golds 5-Colour Eyeshadow ($58) is a fantastic holiday palette full of metallics — will be perfect to wear on NYE!
- T3 Featherweight ($200) is my go-to dryer–easy on the hair but quick on the drying.
- Fresh Brown Sugar Escape Set ($65) is a luxurious set for the person who loves to pamper themselves all over!
FOR EYES, try Sand & Sun eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid, Firecracker eyeshadow on the middle of the lid, Amber Lights eyeshadow on the outer lid, and Antiqued eyeshadow in the crease. FOR CHEEKS & LIPS, try Hipness blush on cheeks and Beachbound lipstick paired with Flurry of Fun lipglass on lips.
Check out seven more ideas! Continue reading →
For eyes, try Nanogold eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid, Lala eyeshadow on the middle of the lid, Straw Harvest eyeshadow on the outer lid, and finish with Jungle Moon eyeshadow in the crease. Complement the eyes with Springshine blush on cheeks and Radicchio lipstick paired with Hush, Hush Rose lipglass.