The real deal!
6 Red Lipsticks to Get Angelina Jolie’s 2012 Golden Globes Red Lip
Angelina Jolie’s red lips was one of the most talked about beauty looks from this year’s Golden Globes. I don’t know what she wore, and while I’ve attempted to find out, I haven’t had any luck yet! Her lip looked anywhere from pinky-red to red-coral to red, but it never looked too orange. I saw it both with more of a matte/satin finish as well as a glossier look (perhaps recent reapplication?).
I know that Jolie has used Chantecaille in the past, and though I don’t own much from the range, possible shades within the brand would be Amaryllis Lip Chic, Azalea Lipstick, or Cassia Lipstick.
- Giorgio Armani #406 — deep blue-based red; slightly darker than what was worn
- Guerlain Liu — rich blue-based red with a glossy shine; bluer than what was worn
- Chanel Cambon — slightly orange-toned red; needs a teeniest bit more blue to be similar
- Guerlain Rouge Sensuel — almost red-coral with a subtle gold shimmer; lighter, has gold shimmer compared to what was worn
- MAC Perpetual Flame — pinky-red with a creamy finish; slightly pinker than what was worn
- NARS Flamenco — soft watermelon red; less opaque, less red
And as a bonus, contributor Damaris has a Brazilian option–O Boticario #330 Lipstick (R$ 12,90).
5 Deep Red Nail Polishes
There are so many shades of reds, but deeper reds will always hold a special place in my heart.
What’s your favorite deep red nail polish?
5 Bright Red Creme Nail Polishes
There are so many nuances to red creams, but I love a really good bright red cream!
- Essie Too Too Hot
- Zoya Sooki
- Butter London Pillar Box Red
- China Glaze Hey Sailor
- Rescue Beauty Lounge Chinoise
What’s your favorite red creme nail polish?
Top 10 of 2011: Lipsticks & Lipglosses
Whew — this was difficult! I ended up having to lump some of the new-for-2011 formulas into a single pick, even though there were lots of shades I loved! These are products I reviewed and discovered in 2011, some being part of a brand’s permanent range and others being new/limited edition shades that we saw over the past months. I guess you could say I gravitate towards reds…
- Hourglass Siren Extreme Sheen Lipgloss
- Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Colors
- Guerlain Rouge Automatiques
- Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lipglosses
- NYX Chic Red Round Lipstick
- NARS Damage Lipstick
- Guerlain Garconne Rouge G Lipstick
- Dior Nocturne Rouge Dior Lip Color
- Illamasqua Atomic Lipstick
- Giorgio Armani #406 Rouge d’Armani Lipstick
What was your favorite lip product this year?
Top 10 of 2011: Eyeshadows
And finally, to finish off eyes, my favorite eyeshadows from this year!
- MAC Mega Metal Eyeshadows
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadows
- Le Metier de Beaute Chameleon Eyeshadow
- Bare Escentuals Urban Nature Prime Time Shadow
- Hourglass Gypsy Eyeshadow Duo
- Chanel Illusion d’Ombre
- Urban Decay Strip Eyeshadow
- MAC Surf Baby Eyeshadow
- Chanel Beige Lame Ombre Essentielle
- Sugarpill Stella Chromalust
What was your favorite eyeshadow this year?
Top 10 of 2011: Eyeliners
Here are ten of my favorite eyeliners that were reviewed this year!
- Stila Sparkle Eyeliners
- Tarina Tarantino Eye Dream Hyperliners
- Bobbi Brown Chocolate/Bronze Dual-Ended Eyeliner
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Liners
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliners
- Estee Lauder Teal Kajal Eyeliner
- Illamasqua Havoc Precision Ink Liquid Eyeliner
- Tarina Tarantino Eyelicity Glitter Eyeliners
- MAC Chromagraphic Pencils
- Urban Decay Electric 24/7 Eye Pencils Set
What was your favorite eyeliner you tried this year?