Top 10 of 2011: Blushes & Highlighters
It’s so hard for me to pick favorites, but these are ten products that really caught my eye this year for adding color and/or glow to cheeks. Since these are products for 2011, I did exclude any spring 2012 products that may have been reviewed this year, as they’re technically for next – so these feature products new for 2011 and permanent products I discovered this year!
- Guerlain Parure de Nuit
- Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous
- Guerlain Blush G Serie Noire
- Benefit Watt’s Up
- Tarte Exposed
- Guerlain Terra Inca
- Tarina Tarantino Feather
- NYX Menage a Trois
- NARS Oasis
- Chanel Beiges Ombres Tissees
What was your favorite blush/highlighter that you discovered this year?
5 Shimmery Red Nail Polishes
Red nail polish may be the most popular shade–it seems like every collection that launches, no matter the season, has to have some sort of red-hued shade. There are all sorts of reds, to be sure, but these are five of my current favorite shimmery (true) reds!
What’s your favorite shimmery red nail polish?
5 Great Bright Orange Lipsticks
Love yourself a really bright pop of orange? Here are five of my favorites in lipstick form!
- MAC Good to Go Pro Longwear Lipcreme
- Clarins Clementine Rouge Prodige Lipstick
- Giorgio Armani #405 Rouge d’Armani Lipstick
- Illamasqua Flare Lipstick
- Milani Mandarina Lipstick
What’s your favorite orange lipstick?
5 Holiday Nail Polishes
Not sure what to do for your nails this season? These are five of my favorites across the color range for festive nails! And if you’re looking for glittery polishes specifically, check out part one and part two of my favorites
- Cult Nails Iconic — berry red with red glitter flakes
- China Glaze Blue Year’s Eve — intense blue with shimmer
- Chanel Graphite — shimmering, metallic pewter gold
- OCC Cruising — yellow gold glitter
- China Glaze Tinsel Town — black base with silver shimmer and glitter
What’s your favorite polish for the holidays?
5 Holiday Highlighters
- Benefit Watt’s Up — creamy, glowy highlighter
- Guerlain Parure de Nuit — soft, subtle highlighter (still available at Neiman Marcus + Dillard’s)
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer — shimmering gold
- Benefit Sugarbomb — soft, glowy warmth
- NARS Miss Liberty — wet-looking sparkle
What’s your favorite highlighter for the holidays?
5 Holiday Lipglosses
If you’re more a gloss fiend, here are five holiday picks from me! If you tend to combine your lipsticks and glosses, I’m also a big fan of going for extra sparkling glosses layered on top of berries/reds.
- Hourglass Siren — fiery metallic red
- MAC Explicit — shimmering bronze taupe
- MAC Lasting Achievement — deep berry
- NARS Bougainville — vibrant berry
- Illamasqua Succubus — opaque true red
What’s your favorite holiday lipgloss?