5 Bright, Daring Pink Blushes
Don’t let bright pinks scare you! First, they can always be worn as soft and as sheer as you’d like; it’s all about application and the tools you use–opt for a stippling brush and a lighthand, and you’ll get subtler results. Second, you can let your cheeks become the focal point of the look by going lighter on eyes and lips!
- Tarte Amused — bright fuchsia pink
- Make Up For Ever #3 — bright, darkened fuchsia pink
- MAC Full Fuchsia — bright red-pink
- Make Up For Ever #75 — bright, dark pink
- Make Up For Ever #85 — brightened pink
What’s your favorite bright pink blush?
5 Playful Plum Blushes
Plum blush can be used in a variety ways, from subtle to bold, so it can really bring drama to the face and create a look that really emphasizes the cheeks if one desires. If you have a cooler complexion, you may look for a plum with a subtle pink or berry tone, while warmer complexions may look for a plum with a subtle brown undertone. Or throw away the rules and go for the one that strikes your fancy
- Bobbi Brown Plum — rich pink plum
- Burberry Cameo — softened brown-plum
- theBalm Cabana Boy — shimmered plum-berry
- NARS Oasis — dirty plum with gold shimmer
- MAC Plum Foolery — dirty plum with a shimmer-sheen
What’s your favorite plum blush?
5 Soft Pink Blushes to Try
Originally, I was going to pick five favorite pink blushes, but pink is such a popular blush hue that I thought it would be better to split it into two separate posts: one for softer, subtler pinks (think light to medium) and a second one for bolder, more fuchsia-like pinks. Thanks to reader Sirinthorn for today’s topic! These are designed to be truer pinks, but it’s on my list of posts-to-do for more of a neutral-pink-beige blush roundup
- Bobbi Brown Nude Pink — blue-based light-medium pink
- Burberry Peony — soft pink with yellow undertones
- Chanel Pink Explosion — subtly cool-toned light-medium pink
- NARS Gaiety — really cool-toned pink
- MAC So Sweet, So Easy — pale pink
What’s your favorite soft pink blush?
5 Pretty in Peach Blushes
Peach can be a really wearable color that can look natural on any skin tone. Cooler complexions will find that peach-hued blushes can help mitigate any natural redness on the cheeks without emphasizing it like a pink blush might. Warmer complexions are easily freshened up with a pop of peach on the cheeks. Reader Sirinthorn wanted to see what my five picks would be for peach blushes, and here they are:
- Chanel Espiegle– peach-orange with a satiny sheen
- MAC Peaches — classic peach with subtle brown undertones
- Make Up For Ever #14 — soft peach
- NARS Sex Appeal – pale peach
- MAC Melba — dirty peach-brown with a matte finish
What’s your favorite peach blush?
5 Subtle Highlight Eyeshadows
When it comes to choosing a highlighter, the best kind tend to have a satin-like finish–not too frosted or shimmery, but not entirely matte, because it will reflect light without looking metallic. Both matte and more shimmery highlighters have their place, though Choices for highlighters can vary based on skin tone, as one that works for really pale skin may look very stark against a deeper skin tone.
- MAC Brule — MAC has a huge selection of pale beige shades; I also suggest Dazzlelight, Bisque, Blanc Type, Shroom, and Vanilla
- Inglot #355 — pale peach with subtle warm undertones
- Burberry Trench — light satiny beige
- MAC Grain — beige-brown with a subtle sheen
- MAC Ricepaper — surprisingly universal shade of beige with subtle yellow undertones
What’s your go-to highlighter for eyes?
5 Bright Yellow Eyeshadows
Reader Mindy suggested this post, and here are my top five yellow eyeshadows… honestly, it was pretty easy, because there aren’t nearly as many bright yellow eyeshadows in my repertoire as one might think! I look forward to seeing your favorites to find some new shades to try!
- MAC Bright Sunshine – sunshine yellow with a shimmer-sheen
- Sugarpill Buttercupcake — matte brightened yellow
- Inglot #370 — matte bright yellow
- Inglot #323 — matte golden yellow
- MAC Bright Yellow — matte yellow
What’s your favorite bright yellow eyeshadow?