5 Rich Brown Eyeshadows to Savor
I think richness isn’t just a really dark shade–I think it has more to do with intensity, vibrancy, and how much depth a shade can have. These shades look so luxe to me!
- NARS Surabaya — two rich browns–one more yellow-toned, one more red-toned
- Make Up For Ever #14 — dark brown with coppery-red undertones
- MAC Embark — deep, dark matte red-toned brown
- Inglot #409 — deep brown with a golden-bronze sheen
- Tarina Tarantino Dreamy — deep, dark chocolate brown with ruby and gold sparkle
What’s your favorite rich brown eyeshadow?
5 Summery Peachy-Pink Eyeshadows
This is one of my favorite colors to wear! As someone with a warmer undertone, this type of color is flattering–it brightens, warms up, and looks (fairly) natural on. I can do a quick sweep on the lid, or I can incorporate it with other shades like golds, oranges, reds, and purples.
- Inglot #407 — fiery peachy-pink
- Make Up For Ever #153 — gold-shimmered peach-pink
- Lancome Kitten Heel — yellow-toned pink with peach shimmer
- MAC Expensive Pink — darkened warm pink with gold shimmer
- Urban Decay Scratch — soft peach-pink
What’s your favorite peachy-pink eyeshadow?
5 Just Peachy Eyeshadows
Peach! What an interesting color–sometimes peach can read almost pink-peach, but I think it’s closer to yellow/orange with a general lightness that keeps it from being categorized as a yellow or orange. Here are my top five picks for peachy eyeshadows…
- theBalm Luscious Lani — soft peach beige with a frosted sheen
- Inglot #330 — matte pastel peach-orange
- Chanel Emerveille — shimmery peach beige
- MAC Orb — neutral peach beige
- Inglot #328 — matte yellowed peach
What’s your favorite peach eyeshadow?
5 Truly Orange Blushes
It’s summer — one of the best ways to add color to any look with ease is through a good blush. Tangerine is no doubt in this year, but how about some orange? Benefit Cha Cha Cha is the closest you’ll find here for a tamer shade of orange.
- NARS Liberte — burnt orange
- Make Up For Ever #12 — light-medium orange with a gold sheen
- NARS Taj Mahal — pop of orange with soft orange shimmer
- Benefit Cha Cha Cha — tint of orange-coral
- NARS Exhibit A — matte red-orange
What’s your favorite orange blush?
5 Effortlessly Natural Blushes
My go-to for a great natural cheek color is Korres #15 Natural, which gives my cheeks a little warmth and natural color without being too pink or plum. I also really love Tarte Exposed, which gives a little more color but still retains a soft, natural result.
- Tarina Tarantino Neopolitan Lane — soft medium brown
- Burberry Russet — medium-dark brown with orange undertones
- Korres #15 Natural — medium-dark brown
- Tarte Exposed — muted rosy plum
- Burberry Cameo — muted plum
What’s your go-to blush for a natural cheek color?
5 Wearable Medium Brown Eyeshadows
Not so into really rich, dark browns (of which there are many to choose from!) — not to worry: here are five lighter shades that still have plenty of color. These shades work well on the lid as well as in the crease!
- Benefit Dandy Brandy — Medium-dark warm brown with a golden sheen
- Bare Minerals Namaste Eyeshadow — medium brown with a gray tinge
- MAC Wedge — medium brown with a satiny sheen
- Urban Decay YDK — medium warm brown with red undertones
- MAC Texture — warm, orange-toned medium brown with a pearly sheen
What’s your favorite medium brown eyeshadow? How do you incorporate it into a look?