5 Soft Pink Blushes to Try
Originally, I was going to pick five favorite pink blushes, but pink is such a popular blush hue that I thought it would be better to split it into two separate posts: one for softer, subtler pinks (think light to medium) and a second one for bolder, more fuchsia-like pinks. Thanks to reader Sirinthorn for today’s topic! These are designed to be truer pinks, but it’s on my list of posts-to-do for more of a neutral-pink-beige blush roundup
- Bobbi Brown Nude Pink — blue-based light-medium pink
- Burberry Peony — soft pink with yellow undertones
- Chanel Pink Explosion — subtly cool-toned light-medium pink
- NARS Gaiety — really cool-toned pink
- MAC So Sweet, So Easy — pale pink
What’s your favorite soft pink blush?
5 Pretty in Peach Blushes
Peach can be a really wearable color that can look natural on any skin tone. Cooler complexions will find that peach-hued blushes can help mitigate any natural redness on the cheeks without emphasizing it like a pink blush might. Warmer complexions are easily freshened up with a pop of peach on the cheeks. Reader Sirinthorn wanted to see what my five picks would be for peach blushes, and here they are:
- Chanel Espiegle– peach-orange with a satiny sheen
- MAC Peaches — classic peach with subtle brown undertones
- Make Up For Ever #14 — soft peach
- NARS Sex Appeal – pale peach
- MAC Melba — dirty peach-brown with a matte finish
What’s your favorite peach blush?
5 Subtle Highlight Eyeshadows
When it comes to choosing a highlighter, the best kind tend to have a satin-like finish–not too frosted or shimmery, but not entirely matte, because it will reflect light without looking metallic. Both matte and more shimmery highlighters have their place, though Choices for highlighters can vary based on skin tone, as one that works for really pale skin may look very stark against a deeper skin tone.
- MAC Brule — MAC has a huge selection of pale beige shades; I also suggest Dazzlelight, Bisque, Blanc Type, Shroom, and Vanilla
- Inglot #355 — pale peach with subtle warm undertones
- Burberry Trench — light satiny beige
- MAC Grain — beige-brown with a subtle sheen
- MAC Ricepaper — surprisingly universal shade of beige with subtle yellow undertones
What’s your go-to highlighter for eyes?
5 Bright Yellow Eyeshadows
Reader Mindy suggested this post, and here are my top five yellow eyeshadows… honestly, it was pretty easy, because there aren’t nearly as many bright yellow eyeshadows in my repertoire as one might think! I look forward to seeing your favorites to find some new shades to try!
- MAC Bright Sunshine – sunshine yellow with a shimmer-sheen
- Sugarpill Buttercupcake — matte brightened yellow
- Inglot #370 — matte bright yellow
- Inglot #323 — matte golden yellow
- MAC Bright Yellow — matte yellow
What’s your favorite bright yellow eyeshadow?
5 True Blue Eyeshadows
Blue eyeshadow is such an empowering shade to wear, because it’s so often the, “No way!” shade. It’s vibrant and intense and there are so many good ones available! If you’re hesitant to wear blue eyeshadow, try wearing it with neutrals–perhaps a little blue in the crease or on the lower lash line.
- MAC Freshwater
- MAC Blue Calm
- Inglot #426
- Make Up For Ever #167
- Inglot #322
What’s your favorite true blue eyeshadow?
5 Pretty in Pink and Red Lipglosses for Valentine’s Day
In case you’re not into lipsticks, or maybe you like to mix, here are five of my favorites that would make for a perfect lip for Valentine’s Day!
- MAC Driven by Love — ruby red with ruby shimmer
- Chanel Trimphal — pinky-red with lighter pink and red shimmer
- Illamasqua Indulge — bright, yellow-toned pink
- Milani Photo Flash — glittery, glitzy pink-red
- Hourglass Siren — metallic orange-red
What’s your favorite gloss for Valentine’s Day?