5 Silver Eyeshadows for the Holidays
My favorite way to wear silver during the holidays is on the lash line, actually. It can add a lot of brightness to a look! I like the line the lower lash line with a rich black eyeliner, then pat on silver eyeshadow on top. I also love silvers with blues–very wintry!
- Giorgoi Armani #12 — bright, metallic silver
- Estee Lauder Cyber Silver — dark, metallic silver-gray
- Buxom Chihuahua — metallic, medium silver
- Guerlain Les Aquas — bright, light silver
- Inglot #448 — faded silver with a metallic finish
What’s your favorite holiday silver eyeshadow?
5 Golden Eyeshadows for the Holidays
I could have easily given you a list of ten, being the gold fiend that I am, but I’ll keep it to the current five that really say holiday to me. I think gold is a very versatile color. It pairs well with warmer shades like bronze, rust, and berry, but it can also work with cooler-toned shades like violet, teal, and blue. And if golds not your cup of tea, I have five of my favorite silvers for holiday coming right up. Any interest in seeing some holiday blue shades? What other holiday-themed favorites would you like to see?
- L’Oreal Eternal Sunshine — metallic yellow gold; not too yellow, not too orange
- OCC Triptych — rich, molten, honey gold
- Make Up For Ever #11 — dirty antique gold
- Inglot #430 — frosted, rich gold
- MAC Old Gold — tarnished gold
What’s your favorite holiday gold eyeshadow?
5 Holiday Red Lipglosses to Try
I can’t decide if I love red gloss or lipstick more. I just love the juicy glossiness of a gloss, which is why I don’t often wear a matte lip by choice. Do you have a preference?
What’s your favorite red lipgloss to wear during the holidays?
5 Great Layering Shades to Create Festive Lip Looks
Whether you love a red, berry, burgundy, copper, or orange lip for the holidays, these are fantastic products to layer with your favorite lipstick to add the sparkle and shine of the holiday season.
What’s your favorite holiday lip combo?
Small Business Saturday
I love to support local and small businesses, because I just love when people LOVE what they do. I want to support their dreams and show my appreciation for the time and effort they put into their creations. I’m a huge Etsy shopper as a result! I thought in the spirit of shop Small Business Saturday, I’d share some of my favorite small businesses both beauty and non-beauty alike! And for honorable mention, I love Sugarpill and OCC (they both seem too popular to fit this list now!).
- Noaki — for all of your brooch bouquet and jeweled clutch needs; she did all of my wedding arrangements
- Bella Anela Jewelry — all the way from Hawaii, this is one of my favorite jewelry shops! Fast shipping, excellent customer service, AND free shipping (within the U.S.)
- Lacquistry — lots of glittery nail polishes from a shop with impeccable customer service
- CanineDesign — my first stop whenever I’m looking for a new collar for Mellan; incredibly affordable and lots of designs with ridiculously fast shipping
- Bigpaw Collars — I like to call this the “sophisticated” shop for dog collars and leashes; this is where I picked up Mellan’s black bow-tie collar (and I have a few others from this shop, too)
- Sihaya Designs — handmade artisan jewelry with lots of vibrant hues and wire work
- The Air Castle — custom cake toppers and ornaments; this is where I had my cake topper done for my wedding, but I also had an ornament made recently with Mellan’s name on it!
- Vienna Sparkle Wreaths — gorgeous, well-done wreaths that are just the right balance of elegant, sparkly, and unique; my fall and Christmas wreaths are from here!
- Cult Nails — indie nail polish company that is exceptionally well-done and formulated
- A Touch of Romance — beautiful vintage jewelry done so well
- Le Bijou Precieux — beautiful chandelier and drop earrings with beads and precious jewels
- Haus of Gloi — small vegan business that creates handmade bath, beauty, and perfume products with seasonal offerings — the Lavender Sugar Bubbling Scrub is my favorite
What are your favorite small businesses?
(Please share your favorites that are not your own!)
5 Stunning Dark Red Lipsticks for the Holidays
Not so into bright reds? Here are some darker red options!
What’s your favorite dark red lipstick to wear during the holidays?